V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 28, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #8,866 of 23,366
I'm no expert but I doubt you could make gold cables that are rated for 1 million bends lol.

I used to use UE IEMs before I got my M100 (my first proper cans!) and silver cables definitely made a difference compared to the stock OFC cables. Found that silver reduces the bass, though, so I'd love to try some silver/copper cables (silver cables with a bassy amp would probably be better than silver/copper though)

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #8,869 of 23,366
is it just me or some of the reviews feel 'forced' - in a way they sound as if the reviewer is forced to like the headphones because of all the time and money he had already invested (more subjective that other reviews I've seen on this webpage). None of the reviews are making me want to run and buy these headphones - guess I'll wait for more... or just get the m80s

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #8,871 of 23,366
Quote:
is it just me or some of the reviews feel 'forced' - in a way they sound as if the reviewer is forced to like the headphones because of all the time and money he had already invested (more subjective that other reviews I've seen on this webpage). None of the reviews are making me want to run and buy these headphones - guess I'll wait for more... or just get the m80s

Not for me.  If I didn't think they were great, I would be fine with saying that they didn't live up to the hype.  If the price difference isn't a concern for you, I think the M-100 easily worth the cost.

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #8,872 of 23,366
Quote:
Not for me.  If I didn't think they were great, I would be fine with saying that they didn't live up to the hype.  If the price difference isn't a concern for you, I think the M-100 easily worth the cost.

And also, because for me, money > time, I would have no qualms with returning it thanks to their 60 day test drive.

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #8,873 of 23,366
Has anyone tested any classical/soundtrack/orchestra or jazz on these? Or acoustic/vocals in general? I can deal with "pretty good" for all of the other genres I listen to, but I'm really picky about my acoustic genres. Not sure at this point if these are the cans for me.

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #8,874 of 23,366
Quote:
Has anyone tested any classical/soundtrack/orchestra or jazz on these? Or acoustic/vocals in general? I can deal with "pretty good" for all of the other genres I listen to, but I'm really picky about my acoustic genres. Not sure at this point if these are the cans for me.

Jazz sounds amazing on these. I love "Feel so Good" by supercell on these, as well as any other Jazz music I put through 'em.

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #8,875 of 23,366
Quote:

I consider vocal reproduction a strength of the M-100.

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #8,876 of 23,366
Quote:

Maybe care share what else have you heard with classical/soundtrack/orchestra and jazz? I think it depends on what you're used to or what headphones you're coming from, and what your expectations are. And probably most importantly it depends on what kind of presentation you personally prefer.

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #8,877 of 23,366
I find that classical and acoustic generally tends to work better on headphones with a crisper upper end and a less weighty lower end - but these still do an admirable job considering how heavy the bass can be.

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #8,878 of 23,366
nevermind... found it. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #8,879 of 23,366
Can anyone talk to the sensitivity difference between the M80 and M100?  I've been following the amp conversations so I tried my M80 with the Audioquest Dragonfly and Audioengine D1.  No thanks.. way too much power with very little (i.e. sensitive) control on the volume.  I have the M100 on order and am thinking about the JDS 321 or FiiO E11 but if they're as sensitive as my M80, I think I'm going to skip the portable amp route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back