V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 23, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #8,596 of 23,366
I don't know if anyone here is into music production, but there is currently an "error" on amazon for a new maschine mk2 for substantially less than it should be. Unfortunately they only ship to US addresses so I can't order one :frowning2:(((((

Pretty bummed, I would jump on this if I could. lol

Oct 23, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #8,597 of 23,366
Quote:
Alright good to know I wasn't suffering from placebo and my ears were working the way they were supposed to be. The big tip off for me when I tried that mod was I noticed the treble had maybe a slight hint more sparkle and the bass rumble was a small smidgen more then with the full mod. From there I just sat back and gave it a listen for most of the day. I'm thinking either mod will work for most people it's just a slightly different flavor for people who might want something a tad closer to the V-MODA vision.

You gentlemen are welcome and thanks for helping out with the experiment

Not placebo ears - I had also posted similar results with nearly the same stuffing scheme, but a different material a few pages back.

Oct 23, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #8,598 of 23,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrypt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A friend of mine saw the orange shields and fell in love, fairly begging me to install them right there.

It would be great if you guys keep posting some pictures!!! I'm sure those that already ordered the M100 in the second batch would appreciate it 
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #8,599 of 23,366
Quote:
I don't know if anyone here is into music production, but there is currently an "error" on amazon for a new maschine mk2 for substantially less than it should be. Unfortunately they only ship to US addresses so I can't order one :frowning2:(((((

Pretty bummed, I would jump on this if I could. lol

Use a shipping proxy service. If you are in Canada for example, "ship happens" is a good service that can receive your package, and you pick it up right across the border.

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #8,601 of 23,366
Not related to moddinig, but has anyone experienced their fabric cables fraying?

I've only used this cable outside of my home for two days. >.>
This part of the cable rubs against the collar of my cotton/polyester jacket so I guess it's doing its toll to the fabric cable. :/

My cables are fraying some as well, particularly around the 45 degree plug and and the cable coming out of the ear cups from folding, wearing around the neck, etc. It is unfortunate but my friend has had a pair of LPs for well over a year and been hard on them with no problems so I'm sure they will last.

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #8,602 of 23,366
I don't quite like kevlar cables either but it's not a dealbreaker but I do prefer the boring standard cables cuz kevlar make much noice when rubbing against the clothes when no music is playing and you got the headphones on, always function > style in my book. But cable is detachable so can easily swap if needed.

Oct 23, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #8,603 of 23,366
Quote:
So i just tried the FiiO E6 with my M-100 and...i don't it....i would never need to listen to a volume over 100% on my ipod and i don't need the bass boost because it has enough bass already plus i find it makes the overall sound less detailed and more like my friends beats pro. i guess i was under the impression that an amp would improve the sound quality not just make it louder.

Are you using an LOD (Line Out Dock) between your iPod and E6?  Or did you just put a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable between the iPod's headphone jack and the E6?

Oct 23, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #8,604 of 23,366
Hm, so another random update on that discomfort issue, it seems it's mostly just my left ear that's facing such extreme pain after wearing them for awhile!  My right ear is mostly fine.  What is this witchcraft???

Oct 23, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #8,605 of 23,366
Quote:
My cables are fraying some as well, particularly around the 45 degree plug and and the cable coming out of the ear cups from folding, wearing around the neck, etc. It is unfortunate but my friend has had a pair of LPs for well over a year and been hard on them with no problems so I'm sure they will last.

Ah OK, good to know. Thanks for the reassurance!

Man I'm really loving the unmodded M-100 as a "road warrior". The amount of bass is PERFECT for this kind of listening, whether it's on the bus, or traveling between classes. While waiting outside of a classroom before class starts, there's not a lot of background noise, and boy does that bass have impact! It really gets to your gut (in a good way).

Oct 23, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #8,606 of 23,366
Quote:
Hm, so another random update on that discomfort issue, it seems it's mostly just my left ear that's facing such extreme pain after wearing them for awhile!  My right ear is mostly fine.  What is this witchcraft???

Did you adjust your headband uniformly?

Oct 23, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #8,607 of 23,366
Quote:
Ah OK, good to know. Thanks for the reassurance!

Man I'm really loving the unmodded M-100 as a "road warrior". The amount of bass is PERFECT for this kind of listening, whether it's on the bus, or traveling between classes. While waiting outside of a classroom before class starts, there's not a lot of background noise, and boy does that bass have impact! It really gets to your gut (in a good way).

As a commuting student, I second this. I actually don't mind the extra bass in general cases but on the road, it's super fantastic. Privately though, I do enjoy every bit of bass and love the snap it has with kpop, electronic, bassy sorta stuff. I don't really think that I'll be modding because comfort's not an issue and I really do love the sound sig, though. It really grooves well.

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #8,610 of 23,366
miceblue, your mod is awesome. I didn't have any comfort issues at all, but I was curious about the changes to the sound and it really does open up the soundstage. As an added benefit, my glasses actually fit better with the slightly stiffer pads and the overall comfort of the headphones has improved. I've also noticed that the bass slightly tones down(some of the purring is reduced), but gains a bit more control, and the mids and trebles emerge more from the background. instrument separation is also improved. The main thing I like is the expansion in soundstage. Classical music sounds even better now!

I didn't receive a V-Cork with my M-100s. Have any of you tried experimenting with it in and out to see if it changes the sound signature at all? And if so, should I try stuffing something into the port?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back