V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 10, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #7,516 of 23,366
Matte black + orange looks so good

Can't wait to get mine... Probably should pick up a vamp too.

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #7,517 of 23,366
Quote:
Completely agree with each and every word you have written here!!!LOL
deadhorse.gif

Give him a break. He has his reasons. You'll have to wait a bit longer for his review, ask the others who've gotten their gear.

Are you ever happy with anything Brs? Shipping, isolation, canceling your order after it has shipped? Are you serious?
Just wait until you get them and try them yourself. You've said before that you'll use the 60 day return policy if they aren't for you. Just have a little patience, I'm looking forward to yours and everyone's impressions and reviews. Mine have shipped but I'm not expecting them for 2 weeks at the earliest. So I'm enjoying all these opinions and pics!

See below.
He's just having buyer's remorse after seeing the lineup of headphones this fall, that's all.

And the outback, crikey!

I guess you could call it that. I'll probably end up waiting for them, and trying them myself in the end. I'm just hoping the isolation is on par with my late ATH-M50 at least. If it is, I'll be fine with 'em, and get a second set of custom shields after doing my review. If they aren't, I will post my review as usual, and return them. (I'll be out 40$, but it's worth getting the chance to personally try them and such.)

Only other headphones I am truly looking at right now are the AKG K267 Tiestos and the SONY MDR-1R's. But I want to give the M-100 a try first. Hopefully, I will be getting the AKG K267's from 'our martin' free when he opens his store in NYC later this year. (Favor)

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #7,519 of 23,366
Thx for the cover BRSx. So yes, I will be posting my impressions within the next day. Apologies for the delay, there were a few to-n-fro e-mails I needed to make.

I'm hoping to catch up with Val one more time after my errand runs before he leaves tomorrow & I should be able to post my review thereafter.

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #7,520 of 23,366
Val, you forgot to mark the packages as "USB Sound Card". 
wink_face.gif
 Or maybe they are checking that they aren't counterfeit? The irony if that were true...

Regarding reviews: Like everything, they will come.  Here's a kind of funny thing though: I deliberately didn't bug Val before now about reviewing a pair, as I thought it'd be a bit selfish and I don't like asking people for things. As well, I'd be taking a pair away from someone who would very likely use them a lot more than me (despite doing my best to get RID of headphones, they are accumulating none-the-less) and I will probably be able to borrow Anakchan's at some point. However, all this talk about them, as well as the recent trend towards affordable, high-quality portable amps and DACs has got me too curious and I know if I talk about those, everyone is going to ask about the M-100s, so I've asked Val for a pair (eventually, as I don't consider myself a priority).

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #7,522 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey whats up with the vaders I see in every pic coming out?? Is that just for those special people who got to pre-order?

If thats the case...Im sooooo happy for you....
eek.gif

Indeed, the faders and the boom mic and the extra shields are all extra goodies that come with the preorder, along with val's thank you note of awesomeness

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #7,523 of 23,366
Quote:
LOVE/HATE CUSTOM RELATIONSHIP 
Head-Fi customers, I talked to customer service again the second I woke up and the issue they said is "customs".  It must of been too early, bc I said "What, WE DIDN'T DO THEIR CUSTOMS" (thinking somehow the laser engraving was not done).  

So how did that picture with all the customs lined turn out?

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #7,524 of 23,366
Where would the ATH-M50 be in that regard? Isolation/leakage wise? If it's at least the same for both, I'll be okay with it - any less, and I'll have problems.
At 75%? I usually listen at one or two clicks above 50% on my iPod with my M50's, well, I did anyway, before they died. That would be around.. 60%, 65% max.

The ATH-M50 has a noise isolation reading of -12 dB according to Innerfidelity; so it would be on-par with the M-80 from Tyll's measurements.
EDIT: The -12 dB M-80 is the True Blood version, the normal M-80 is measured to have -10 dB noise isolation (not sure why there's a difference)

Hey whats up with the vaders I see in every pic coming out?? Is that just for those special people who got to pre-order?

If thats the case...Im sooooo happy for you....:eek:

Yes, the Faders were a VTF pre-order special.

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #7,526 of 23,366
Miceblue thank you for addressing the noise isolation issue. According to your knowledge what is the best passive noise isolation headphones for DJing. Hopefully will try them out in my Club this Friday. In case not happy what other pair of cans would you recommend . My AIAIAI are better than my Senheiser 25. What is your experience or anyone elses for headphones around the same price as 100s.

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #7,527 of 23,366
Miceblue thank you for addressing the noise isolation issue. According to your knowledge what is the best passive noise isolation headphones for DJing. Hopefully will try them out in my Club this Friday. In case not happy what other pair of cans would you recommend . My AIAIAI are better than my Senheiser 25. What is your experience or anyone elses for headphones around the same price as 100s.

Well I personally don't have too much experience with closed-back headphones, but from what I've read, the Beyer DT1350 has some of the best noise isolation of any headphone (a whopping -19 dB according to Innerfidelity). Also, it seems that the AIAIAI is measured to be at -10 dB, while the HD25-i-ii is at -14 dB. The AKG K550 is also rated at -14 dB so you might want to check those out too.
Actually I went to an Apple Store recently and the new Logitech UE6000 has pretty good noise isolation (Innerfidelity says it's at -14 dB).
.....or you can try a Beats Solo HD with a measurement of -17 dB (no seriously they have terrific noise isolation, the sound quality isn't very good though)

I'm looking forward to reading some reviews in the next few weeks of how the M-100 will compare with other popular closed-back headphones in Head-Fi. :popcorn:

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #7,529 of 23,366
Quote:

From memory, I found that TMA-1 have slightly better isolation than M100 and the sound leakage is very minimal compared to M100. M100 however are very comfortable, the clamping force are just right. I am wearing it for hours now without having any fatigue.

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #7,530 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm really hoping that the QC testing my M-100 has gone through doesn't accelerate my pair into breaking sooner.....I usually take very good care of my things, but only time will tell....

If what anakchan says is true and that Bill and Val are currently promoting the M-100's with very... well worn models, then I think we have nothing to fear. Our models may be reworked a bit here and there, but they are not going to be the ones seared with the fires of hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back