V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 24, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #6,661 of 23,366
Quote:
No I don't think so, I think you might need at least ICS too.

You're right, I'm being overly harsh because I have heard better, the E7 is not bad, in fact it makes a great first DAC. This one more than most is better as a combined and not much to speak of as an amp.

I've actually bought the E17 and not the E7, I'm on a galaxy Nexus, rooted with Jellybean, should suffice?

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #6,662 of 23,366
Quote:
I've actually bought the E17 and not the E7, I'm on a galaxy Nexus, rooted with Jellybean, should suffice?

Yeah it should be fine with that, you got an E17 for 50 bucks, is that USD? If so that's a crazy bargain. I thought the new price on the E17 was $150? The amp on the E17 is way better and the DAC is a bit better too. feature wise it's well solid by comparison.

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #6,663 of 23,366
Quote:
Yeah it should be fine with that, you got an E17 for 50 bucks, is that USD? If so that's a crazy bargain. I thought the new price on the E17 was $150? The amp on the E17 is way better and the DAC is a bit better too. feature wise it's well solid by comparison.

I don't really know how I figured that number out, haha, it was about 75 bucks, and the dollar is really low compared to our currency so I somehow rounded downwards the 50's. ^^
Nice to hear, I'll be picking it up tomorrow, hopefully I'll be satisfied. :)

Sep 24, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #6,665 of 23,366
Quote:
Is this still the M-100 thread?

Haha sorry about this... well at heart it is yes, we were thinking about how good the M-100's will sound with different stuff to pass the time. Not much else to talk about atm. I guess you are looking at the activity and getting excited for possible new info right? Sorry for the torture :p

Sep 24, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #6,666 of 23,366
Quote:
Is this still the M-100 thread?

Yes, but we all agreed that there's just not much else we can speculate about the M-100 until it arrives at our doorsteps. Everyone was gets anxious about it and it wasn't any fun. We're just trying to waste time and not think about the delayed delivery so that it's not so painful, aheh.

Sep 24, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #6,667 of 23,366
Yeah, sorry for getting all excited about the new gear I ordered to pair up with the M100, on-topic, the phones should ship any day now according to Val's latest post? :)

Sep 24, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #6,668 of 23,366
Quote:
Yeah, sorry for getting all excited about the new gear I ordered to pair up with the M100, on-topic, the phones should ship any day now according to Val's latest post? :)

So is that purchase of yours, the E17, going to be a desktop setup? Right now I'm scratching my head to find a suitable desk setup for the M100s. (I probably should check the desktop forums section too)

Sep 24, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #6,669 of 23,366
Quote:
So is that purchase of yours, the E17, going to be a desktop setup? Right now I'm scratching my head to find a suitable desk setup for the M100s. (I probably should check the desktop forums section too)

Mine is for my desktop and portable setup and it works just fine. Love the sound it produces works great with any headphone with the bass + trebel adjuster.

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #6,674 of 23,366
Quote:
So, deadmau5 came out with a new album a few days ago, anyone listening to that right now?

It's out tomorrow in the States, so I can't have a listen yet.  Preview cut's a bit light on gritty sonorities -- esp. for him -- and the vid, despite a few fun stealth robots, is irksome with faux-ironic sports crowds, Big Daddy Roth leviathans and questionable headphones.  The rest of the album's probably not like that.

Too many electro-house artists seem terrified of not writing arena-ready anthems -- a strange aspiration for people who use samples from Fulci soundtracks. 

I like the basic style, though, esp. the copious use of distortion/modulation and the prevalence of brittle synth lines that sound as if they're shattering right in front of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back