V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 23, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #6,617 of 23,366
Quote:
Yeah, it is kind of odd you can't upgrade shipping on an item that hasn't even shipped out.... Maybe they are going to surprise us all we next day shipping!! 

Much as I'd like for this to happen, I think that scenario is about as likely as Craigster75 suddenly developing the patience of Job. I'm content knowing that we'll be some of the lucky few to receive these before almost any other consumer looking for the M-100.

Sep 23, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #6,618 of 23,366
Replying myself, my whole comment would be "...whenever it happens tomorrow or Christmas Eve with Santa living our packages under our trees."

tongue_smile.gif
 Actually imagining Santa with a UPS uniform would quite explain when those who chose free shipping may get their cans 
frown.gif

I know it was just insane, don't wanna start any war here.

The world is kinda funny when it's about "murphy" or karma, many people around the globe chose free shipping even they know they live far from US or China, we didn't know a quite ago from where it would be shipped before Val let us know. I live in LA and paid for 2 days air shipping 
confused_face.gif
 At least I hope it means that when shipped, I'll get mine quite fast. I believe that everyone could be able to make last changes as shipping, address and things that really wouldn't need to replace our headphones itself, or even that if paid the amount difference and being aware that shields and stuff could arrive after our pre-orders.

Anyways, I hope we're all gonna be freaking satisfied when we get them. 
wink_face.gif

Sep 23, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #6,619 of 23,366
This thread is sounding more and more like a support group. 

A few things to remember:

Whether it lasts for seven days or twenty, your wait time will be nothing compared to the time you've waited so far. It will be nothing compared to that of those who missed the preorder and can expect the mere option to purchase to arrive in late October.

Since you haven't heard the M100s, you don't even know how you'll feel about them once you own them.

None of the other headphone options are going away. They might even grow less expensive over time. Their availability to you is contingent on your budget and level of satisfaction with the M100s, not when the M100s actually arrive.

My advice:

Emphasize the fun of the preorder and ignore the temptation to feel anxious about it.  Most of you told Val you wanted him to test each pair of headphones individually before signing each certificate.  The time he's taking is partial proof he's honoring your wishes.

Maximize the pleasure of your purchase.  Forget that you've ordered a pair of headphones at all.  Let them arrive like an unexpected gift.  Feel free to shout yes! once they do.

Sep 23, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #6,620 of 23,366
Talked to support a couple days ago. They are aware that Val is testing the pre-order units and certifying them. Once this process is complete, the units have to be shipped to the warehouses from the V-Moda LA home office and then repackaged. After they are repackaged, then they will be shipped off from there. The person estimated that it's going to take Val a few days to finish certifying them and then it will take 1 - 2 days to ship/process them back into the warehouse followed by a few more days of packaging/shipping them out again. Overall, we should expect them to start shipping to us very early in October. 

Sep 23, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #6,621 of 23,366
Quote:
Talked to support a couple days ago. They are aware that Val is testing the pre-order units and certifying them. Once this process is complete, the units have to be shipped to the warehouses from the V-Moda LA home office and then repackaged. After they are repackaged, then they will be shipped off from there. The person estimated that it's going to take Val a few days to finish certifying them and then it will take 1 - 2 days to ship/process them back into the warehouse followed by a few more days of packaging/shipping them out again. Overall, we should expect them to start shipping to us very early in October. 

I'm sure they were confused - they have been quite a few times when it came to the VTF-100 pre-order. I also highly doubt they would consider the the warehouse a separate step from the shipping step. If they have the information already, they can ship it right from the home offices, rather than sending it to the warehouse first for no reason. 

It should be: Factory -> LA Offices for Testing/Packaging - > Shipped to us
Rather than being: Factory -> LA Offices for Testing/Packaging - > Shipped to Warehouse -> Shipped to us

At least, that's how I see things.

Sep 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #6,622 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm sure they were confused - they have been quite a few times when it came to the VTF-100 pre-order. I also highly doubt they would consider the the warehouse a separate step from the shipping step. If they have the information already, they can ship it right from the home offices, rather than sending it to the warehouse first for no reason. 

It should be: Factory -> LA Offices for Testing/Packaging - > Shipped to us
Rather than being: Factory -> LA Offices for Testing/Packaging - > Shipped to Warehouse -> Shipped to us

At least, that's how I see things.

BRS, Snarkie's post is consistent with what I was told regarding the time frame.  As painful as it is, we must move past denial to acceptance that we won't see these until October unless Val assures us otherwise, or until we actually receive an emailed shipping confirmation with tracking #.

I hope for the Revolver launch, Val will err on the conservative side regarding release dates so that we don't experience the same psychological trauma next time.

Sep 23, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #6,623 of 23,366
Or we can just go with Scrypt's advice and just do things like not worry about headphones that everyone else will have to wait for ages to get. Go do things like play video games or study or something. Or get excited for some awesome movies in the winter. The M-100's will come within the next two weeks and that's fine.

Not particularly electro music or whatever else people have been posting but I'm super excited for this

Sep 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #6,624 of 23,366
Quote:
Or we can just go with Scrypt's advice and just do things like not worry about headphones that everyone else will have to wait for ages to get. Go do things like play video games or study or something. Or get excited for some awesome movies in the winter. The M-100's will come within the next two weeks and that's fine.

Not particularly electro music or whatever else people have been posting but I'm super excited for this

I agree that Scrypt's advice is sound and it is his most inspirational post filled with suggestions I should follow, but who really ever listens to good advice? :wink:

Seriously though, I vented; now I will chill out.

Sep 23, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #6,627 of 23,366
I just don't get it -- Val says it will take him 1-2 days (after he gets them) to review then they will ship and a CS rep says it will take Val 3+ days to review, plus a couple days to get from Val to a shipment location, plus another 3-4 days to get packaged and shipped and people freak out. 

Maybe Val is glossing over some of the finer details, maybe not, but at the end of the day the only unknown in my mind is when they get into Val's hands.  I hope that has happened, but it might not have.  Either way, I don't care, I am just floored at how everyone is getting all worked up over what CS reps say and making the determination that this stuff is all set in stone just because people that may or may not have any idea what's going on are saying that it's a delayed shipment.

Sep 23, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #6,628 of 23,366
In a somewhat related to the topic question, can anyone recommend me an amp to pair with these headphones and my iphone4/ipod classic. Until recently, I wasn't aware that amps existed and am now interested in finding one to improve sound quality when I finally get my hands on the headphones. I know a lot of people like the VAMP, but that's a little too rich for my blood. Thanks!

Sep 23, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #6,629 of 23,366
In a somewhat related to the topic question, can anyone recommend me an amp to pair with these headphones and my iphone4/ipod classic. Until recently, I wasn't aware that amps existed and am now interested in finding one to improve sound quality when I finally get my hands on the headphones. I know a lot of people like the VAMP, but that's a little too rich for my blood. Thanks!

Firstly, amps are easy but the VAMP is DAC as well as an amp. Combined DAC and amps will yield the greatest sound qualities, but if you really want one of those to connect to your idevice it will be pricey. There are only a couple of these and they are all at least the price of the VAMP because they have to pay huge royalties to Apple to unlock the digital audio output. If you had an Android phone you could root it and that would open up a few cheaper options for semi-portability. If you can live with a desktop DAC/amp then there are lots of good options for much less cash, how much have you got to spend and do you need the portability?

Sep 23, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #6,630 of 23,366
Firstly, amps are easy but the VAMP is DAC as well as an amp. Combined DAC and amps will yield the greatest sound qualities, but if you really want one of those to connect to your idevice it will be pricey. There are only a couple of these and they are all at least the price of the VAMP because they have to pay huge royalties to Apple to unlock the digital audio output. If you had an Android phone you could root it and that would open up a few cheaper options for semi-portability. If you can live with a desktop DAC/amp then there are lots of good options for much less cash, how much have you got to spend and do you need the portability?

What about the FIIO options with a LOD cable? That's what I am leaning towards for my 4S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back