V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 23, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #6,602 of 23,366
I think everyone needs to put some good music on and relax a little.  :)   
They'll ship when they ship, Val opened up first run orders to us with no promised delivery date and extras to boot.  He's still got a lot to do and I doubt hounding him about dates is helping.

+1
Indeed. Showing impatience here won't make the M-100's ship any day faster.

Sep 23, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #6,603 of 23,366
Quote:
I know Val said a few more days, yet V-Moda customer service emailed me yesterday that the VTF-100 preorders may not ship for a few weeks since they won't even have in their warehouse until then. 

Well, I am certain that Bob from customer service knows more than the CEO/designer/lead engineer/tester who has been following the M-100 like it's his newborn baby, so I agree with you - mid-October at the earliest

Sep 23, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #6,604 of 23,366
Quote:

Well, I am certain that Bob from customer service knows more than the CEO/designer/lead engineer/tester who has been following the M-100 like it's his newborn baby, so I agree with you - mid-October at the earliest

I appreciate sarcasm as much as anyone, so I will expand on my earlier comments.  Of course everything related to V-Moda starts and ends with Val.

Have you ever managed a call center?  I have, which is why this is confusing to me.  Something as important as shipping a highly anticipated product would be communicated from the top down to the front line team.  The responses to customer inquiries would be specifically determined by upper management and presented to call center representatives so that consistent information is provided to all customers.  Unless I am missing something from a strategic standpoint, it makes no sense for front line staff to say one thing when the CEO is already publicly announcing something else unless there is a break in the communication chain.  Since Val isn't personally boxing and shipping the M-100 to each of us, IMO, these are the likely scenarios:

1.  There are several hundred M-100s ready to ship.  Customer service is aware of this, but for some reason, customer service has been instructed to say they aren't there.
2.  There are several hundred M-100s ready to ship, but customer service has no idea what is going on because no one has communicated this to them.
3.  There are several hundred M-100s in a secret location and everyone will be surprised early next week when they show up for immediate shipping.
4.  The M-100s really won't be ready for a few weeks.

At least in 3 of 4 scenarios, M-100s are ready to ship any day :)  We will know the real deal in the next few days and I hope as much as anyone that I am just being pessimistic and cynical.

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #6,605 of 23,366
Quote:
I appreciate sarcasm as much as anyone, so I will expand on my earlier comments.  Of course everything related to V-Moda starts and ends with Val.

Have you ever managed a call center?  I have, which is why this is confusing to me.  Something as important as shipping a highly anticipated product would be communicated from the top down to the front line team.  The responses to customer inquiries would be specifically determined by upper management and presented to call center representatives so that consistent information is provided to all customers.  Unless I am missing something from a strategic standpoint, it makes no sense for front line staff to say one thing when the CEO is already publicly announcing something else unless there is a break in the communication chain.  Since Val isn't personally boxing and shipping the M-100 to each of us, IMO, these are the likely scenarios:

1.  There are several hundred M-100s ready to ship.  Customer service is aware of this, but for some reason, customer service has been instructed to say they aren't there.
2.  There are several hundred M-100s ready to ship, but customer service has no idea what is going on because no one has communicated this to them.
3.  There are several hundred M-100s in a secret location and everyone will be surprised early next week when they show up for immediate shipping.
4.  The M-100s really won't be ready for a few weeks.

At least in 3 of 4 scenarios, M-100s are ready to ship any day :)  We will know the real deal in the next few days and I hope as much as anyone that I am just being pessimistic and cynical.

If this were a mass release then I would agree with you, but it's not, it is a special pre-release for a very select (and VERY fortunate) group of customers.  It is entirely feasible, if not expected, that Val assumes we will get our information from this thread (since that's where we all found out about the order to begin with) rather than assuming we will be contacting the CS staff regularly.  It has already been shown numerous times that the best, most up to date, information regarding the status of the pre-order is to follow this thread and Val's posts.  (just like when CS told me that I am not getting faders with my order) We have repeatedly seen how we know more than CS, but yet people still get up in arms when someone from CS does their best to provide an answer that may or may not be correct.  I, for one, am just going to hang out until Val's next update and not constantly bug the CS folks who don't t have the tracking numbers for the shipments nor do they know Val's personal schedule and when he is going to be able to listen to the units, sign the certificates, and pass the units to shipping.

Like I posted earlier - like it or not, we have the inside track via this thread.  Constantly bugging the V-Moda support staff asking when the units are going to get here is pointless because Val is the only one that knows, and he keeps us as up to date as he can.

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #6,606 of 23,366
Quote:
If this were a mass release then I would agree with you, but it's not, it is a special pre-release for a very select (and VERY fortunate) group of customers.  It is entirely feasible, if not expected, that Val assumes we will get our information from this thread (since that's where we all found out about the order to begin with) rather than assuming we will be contacting the CS staff regularly.  It has already been shown numerous times that the best, most up to date, information regarding the status of the pre-order is to follow this thread and Val's posts.  (just like when CS told me that I am not getting faders with my order) We have repeatedly seen how we know more than CS, but yet people still get up in arms when someone from CS does their best to provide an answer that may or may not be correct.  I, for one, am just going to hang out until Val's next update and not constantly bug the CS folks who don't t have the tracking numbers for the shipments nor do they know Val's personal schedule and when he is going to be able to listen to the units, sign the certificates, and pass the units to shipping.

Like I posted earlier - like it or not, we have the inside track via this thread.  Constantly bugging the V-Moda support staff asking when the units are going to get here is pointless because Val is the only one that knows, and he keeps us as up to date as he can.

I understand your perspective.  The only question I will ask of you is this- If, as you state above, Val assumes we will get our information from this thread, then why did he NEVER announce the VTF-100 preorder here?

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #6,610 of 23,366
Quote:
I think you're the only one getting them 2 weeks later the rest of us
tongue.gif

Just kidding ofcourse.

Maybe I deserve that based on my comments :)

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #6,612 of 23,366
Sep 23, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #6,613 of 23,366
Quote:

LOL - better send your UPS guy a 6 pack of good beer!  Last thing you want is him on your bad side right now.

I'm sure you can imagine how I am kicking myself for ordering with free shipping vs. overnight.  That's why I was contacting customer service- willing to pay a ridiculous amount to get these overnight instead when they ship without losing reservation, no go.

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #6,614 of 23,366
Well, what is really going on we'll only know when Val comes to provide us new updates surely. I know many expected that the shipping would happen on the 21st, but I was one who felt it wouldn't happen perfectly. I don't have much to say, unless we're all waiting for the shipping, whenever it happens tomorrow or Christmas Eve. And unless those who get mad at all this waiting and claim the refund. I'm completely not sure about how many hundreds of units are indeed our pre-orders, however even if it was a hundred units, I'm quite sure that testing them one by one would take lots of time and dedication. I hope this is what's happening right now, hope we're all having our cans being carefully tested to ensure the best quality. I know as well as for some of us, having them before the end of September is "highly" important. Actually even I wish I could have mine about this week yet. Would be definitely great, but again, as far it depends on a single being to ensure all expectations over hundreds of units, it will cost everyone quite more time. As well we cannot want that Val cuts off all his personal life to have it done faster, whatever he needs to take a rest or hanging out with whoever he wants, this is his right. I don’t believe that everyone here lives 24/7 working without any sort of interruptions. Not defending Val as I was his mother, I just hate when my own job forgets that I’m a human being yet, and even machines get broken if they work too much. All right, skipping to the end I saw it on Val’s tweeter late last night:

Val Kolton ‏@valkolton
Saturday night w my Galaxy S3, iPhone Vs, Nokia 900s, Kindle Fire HDs et al testing future @VMODA products...

Hopefully "future VMODA products" are our pre-orders and hopefully we'll get more updates soon.

Sep 23, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #6,615 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm sure you can imagine how I am kicking myself for ordering with free shipping vs. overnight.  That's why I was contacting customer service- willing to pay a ridiculous amount to get these overnight instead when they ship without losing reservation, no go.

Yeah, it is kind of odd you can't upgrade shipping on an item that hasn't even shipped out.... Maybe they are going to surprise us all we next day shipping!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back