V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 19, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #5,101 of 23,366
I ordered mine with shadow black pads and red shields. Now the question i have is, will the headband of the m100s be the same as the m80s? If so, i might have them changed to matteblack. I prefer the leather feel to the pleather headband....unles anyone here knows, ill have to w ait til monday to get a Reply from customer service. T.T

Aug 19, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #5,102 of 23,366
Just wondering out loud. With the case being all so small which is great and all but will it have space to keep the 3 wires and other accessories ?
500x1000px-dcb3f132_tease.jpeg

Aug 19, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #5,103 of 23,366
Quote:

I can't believe no one told this guy that that's the Shadow color scheme and that it isn't a one-time deal. Again, olpne, it's called Shadow, and was first introduced on the M-80s, and yes it is going to be one of the standard color schemes for the M-100s. Look up pictures of the M-80s and you'll see basically exactly what that color scheme is.

Maybe you know by now....but what I meant was the actual color of it (not the construction of it) (I've said I'm a noob, but damn!, not that noob.)

After some thought, I'm going with that it's just Val being Val. He has a white VAMP, after all.

Thanks, though. :)

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #5,104 of 23,366
Quote:
I ordered mine with shadow black pads and red shields. Now the question i have is, will the headband of the m100s be the same as the m80s? If so, i might have them changed to matteblack. I prefer the leather feel to the pleather headband....unles anyone here knows, ill have to w ait til monday to get a Reply from customer service. T.T

The pic below your original post is the new M-100 Shadow. Only on the Shadow.

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #5,105 of 23,366
After listening to the M-80s for a bit, I sure hope the M-100 has far better treble extension and sparkle. The M-80s just roll off way too early. I don't want a smooth Sennheiser sound. I want an Audio-Technica or Grado treble extension.

As said by DaBomb77766, I don't think your gonna get Grado-type trebles on these (at least PS1000's cos those are the only Grado's I've listened to....no idea about the other Grado's).

I didn't try EQ-ing the prototype M-100's but my gut feeling is even with EQ, it's not going to be Grado-like. Val could very well correct me later, but if I were in his shoes, I'd be asking myself "Why would I want to design these to have Grado-treble in the first place??" :p:p

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #5,106 of 23,366
Val is pretty much "anti-Grado", so the chances of that happening is rather non-existant. ^^ Well only regarding the highs, Grado also have pretty forward midrange which is a good thing in my book as I love forward mids but don't like forward highs though.

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #5,107 of 23,366
Quote:

Guys, is the shield on the the girl, matte black, or black? I ask because it looks darker than the cups on the first one, but the same color as the cups on the ones on the tables. ( I think) Just to clarify myself, matte black shield is the regular shield for for matte black HP....right?

Aug 19, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #5,108 of 23,366
Quote:

Guys, is the shield on the the girl, matte black, or black? I ask because it looks darker than the cups on the first one, but the same color as the cups on the ones on the tables. ( I think) Just to clarify myself, matte black shield is the regular shield for for matte black HP....right?

I'm pretty sure the stock shields will be Matte Black

Aug 19, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #5,109 of 23,366
Quote:
It's been 7 hours since the last post on this thread, did the world end?

It all ended about 6.5 hours ago.

Steve

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #5,111 of 23,366
Quote:
Thanks for real life experience so we both gonna hope M-100 will isolate better

I fly a ton, so I ordered a set of faders that I am going to try out under the headphones.  My hope is that between the isolation of the headphones, the isolation of the faders, and the extra volume of music that I need to overcome the faders, the noise will be completely overcome.  The only questions now is will it be comfortable and will the faders kill the sound signature.

I will definitely be reporting how this combo works in my M-100 review.

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #5,113 of 23,366
Quote:

According to Tyll's measurement the LP2 has -11dBr isolation which is fairly average closed headphone performance (I'd say -12dBr is quite average for fully sealed) with the M50 for example which I concider having good isolation measuring -12dBr. GREAT fully sealed closed headphones usually have about -15dBr, only a few passive headphones, for example Beyers go a bit above that with -17dBr for example and Sennheiser HD25-1 II for example -16dBr which are generally concidered excellent passive noice cancellators. For me anything below -10dBr is poor and above -10dBr is fairly usable in public environment. I think -11dBr is fairly good concidered the V3 port design, that's a very fair balance between soundstage benefits VS isolation I'd say.

Great breakdown!  Thanks for the perspective.

Quote:
After listening to the M-80s for a bit, I sure hope the M-100 has far better treble extension and sparkle. The M-80s just roll off way too early. I don't want a smooth Sennheiser sound. I want an Audio-Technica or Grado treble extension.

That's not so much extension as it is pronunciation.  No thanks. 
tongue.gif

Side note: I do enjoy the HF-2 as a whole package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back