V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 9, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #2,971 of 23,366
Quote:

V-MODA is #1 in the $100-200 class in top 21 ranked of all 22,000 headphones with LP and LP2!

Congrats on the accomplishment Val!

Quote:

I also added a new color to the M-100 launch (3 total now).  I almost nixed Shadow until it was #1 on Facebook with >1200 votes!

How many more colors do you plan to release after launch of the M100?

And speaking of the poll, top five colors right now are:

1.Shadow (Red + Black)
2.Matte Black Metal
3.White Silver
4.White + Blue
5.Black & Purple (Nero)

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #2,973 of 23,366
Hey Val, are the PPU's the units that are all white? There will not be any Shadow/MysteryColour PPU's sold right?

I'm pretty sure it was 200 white and 200 shadow PPU's. I think 200 of the shadow and white PPU's are going to companies for reviews and the other 200 are for sale to us. At least that's what I think will happen.

Jul 9, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #2,974 of 23,366

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it was 200 white and 200 shadow PPU's. I think 200 of the shadow and white PPU's are going to companies for reviews and the other 200 are for sale to us. At least that's what I think will happen.

Quote:

Quantity and Plan:
The plan now is to make 300 White Silver and 300 Shadows to test the product and our assembly line processes. Due to a part that hasn't arrived for the grey ear cushions, the Shadows are going first. Things do change rapidly as some parts arrive from component factories in other countries.

Approximately 100 of each color will be sent through destructive testing and it takes about 10 days to get the results. After we test and sort the remaining 200x2, we'll have "golden" units for Beta testing internally, press, sales and now for sale to the community. I won't know the yield quantity of what I can sell until after the production and testing. Sometimes this yield is as low as 10% (usually in-ears), but can be as high as nearly 95% such as Crossfade LP and M-80.

-V

Here's what was planned with the PPUs

Jul 9, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #2,975 of 23,366
^ Keyword: was. There's a 3rd color now.

I hope I get to see the photoshoot, etc, some time before the order website is up. I just can't make up my mind about colors right now. First, I thought I was going with white...then, since yesterday, or so, I might be starting to crave a full-on black limited edition....  The white, though, there has to be something special about them....if it's going to have grey earpads only, I think I don't like the earpads to be on the dark grey...(I say this, because I've seen some customer-bought  home made photos, and the earpads seemed kinda dark grey). Also, I think I would prefer the white to be free of red letters. It would be like a limited edition white....kinda like a limited edition full-on black.
I wonder what the 3rd color looks like on the M-100...
I wonder what, and how the other MPU colors would look like on the M-100...

So many wonders right now.

Until I see the photoshoots, etc I just won't know 100%.

Jul 9, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #2,979 of 23,366
Quote:
Whatever happens Val - if the PPU Pre-order starts when I'm at work/not online, please put me down for one - I'm getting one for sure!

I'll try to stay on as much as possible, but I can't do that too much at work.

Ditto for me. I'm not about to miss this wonderful opportunity!

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #2,981 of 23,366
I would say ditto too, but I don't think Val can do something like that. It just wouldn't be fair to other members.

Just hope they drop when everyone's available!

Quote:
I can't believe how small the case is!  There are some naysayers out there who downplay the hype around the M-100, but I believe the M-100 has the potential to revolutionize the portable  listening experience. 

I feel inclined to agree with you, Craigster. V-Moda is already a huge name in the audio world right now, only growing in popularity. Once the M-100 drops to the public and reviews start getting out, I have a feeling that they're going to rise to the top as the go-to cans for their price range.

It'd be hilarious if, instead of people saying 'M50's' to new members looking for entry-level headphones, they start saying 'M-80' or 'M-100' instead, haha.

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #2,982 of 23,366

Jul 9, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #2,985 of 23,366
So... when are these "PPU" units going to be on sale!?!? I WANT ONE NOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back