V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 9, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #2,957 of 23,366
Quote:

Quote:

We did lock and load the pre-production, which is happening now.  and we have the golden samples in the wild now. I also added a new color to the M-100 launch (3 total now).  I almost nixed Shadow until it was #1 on Facebook with >1200 votes!

trust me, the wait will be worth it as I ALSO will have a few surprise accessories ready for launch.  Sorry if I can't visit the forums as heavily in the next few weeks, I need to really spend a lot of time focusing on the final product.  If I miss responding then check my twitter and V-MODA facebook.  

PS - I have and will be posting new updates on V-MODA/Val Kolton twitter/FB in the coming weeks, feel free to repost hear in Head-Fi!  Norman Doray and I used them last night at Ruby Skye in SF.

I'm really hoping to see the Dark Grey color make the cut. I would also love a PPU, I promise to walk all around New York promoting the headphone! 
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #2,958 of 23,366
Quote:
Sounds great! 

One FINAL question - will you be bringing back this shield color any time soon?

Ironically, they are "In The Air" like Morgan Page's hit song title.  few days!

Jul 9, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #2,959 of 23,366
I'm kind of wondering how different would  transitioning from the M80s to the M100s be. When putting my LPs on, I get a sort of nauseous feeling. Not too sure how to explain it. I feel like I'm underwater with those on. The M80s on the other hand are more direct because the speakers are on the ear and as a result, I don't get that nauseous feeling...

So in short, I'm wondering is that a property that over ears come with? Sorry if this is confusing...I'm not too clear about what I'm trying to say either. Hopefully we'll be seeing some reviews of the M100s in the next week or two : ) 

Jul 9, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #2,962 of 23,366
Quote:
Man, I'm missing all the action with this damn house move. Difficult to keep up and interact via iPhone. HEADS UP: Val just posted on the recycle page about a vibrato random giveaway.

Tapatalk makes it possible on my iPod :)  Low RAM + Head-Fi (website) = HELL. 

Can't wait for the release and to (hopefully) get my hands on these :)

Jul 9, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #2,968 of 23,366
I'm going to compare them to the K550, D2k and K242HD, so watch this space.

Where's that popcorn muncher emoticon...

Still and furthermore, can you comment on wearing any of those in public? I already feel like I can wear the LPs on the trolley into town. The M100 may well be just as good in the quiet moments as well as the busy side of life. New meaning to the all-rounder... The all-around-towner?

And HOLY COW the case looks smaller! MOO!

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #2,969 of 23,366
Quote:
Where's that popcorn muncher emoticon...

Dunno, but I was doing some research on the customer satisfaction at AMAZON.  

this GIF isn't working right, but here is my thoughts (THE JERK'S STEVE MARTIN):
http://i.imgur.com/66bZy.gif

V-MODA is #1 in the $100-200 class in top 21 ranked of all 22,000 headphones with LP and LP2!

Here is >$100 overall:

V-MODA -6 (LP/LP2 variations)
audio technica - 3 (m50 variations)
sennheiser - 2 (hd598,650)
b&w - 1 (p5)
shure 1 
___ - 0
___ - 0
___ - 0

WOW...

Note - it takes some time to get in the top 20 headphones, I think M-80 will be there soon... and M-100?  to the MOON!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back