V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #2,521 of 23,366
Quote:
Awesome, thanks! I've not heard it. I will definitely check it out.

Even though the SQ is limited (you can only expect so much from youtube), here is a link to a video of her performing Mad Rush (to give you an idea of what to expect).  It's the same performance that is used on the CD, but I believe the CD sounds much better (kudos to the person that mastered it, and I'm too lazy to go look right now).

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #2,523 of 23,366
I thought the mention of developing silicone in Japan was for the VAMP... but considering that's already out I guess not?

And, ah, the hinges! Totally forgot I wanted to ask something regarding it...
Since the hinges are not sealed/connected at its two extremities, there is a chance that things including cables get caught in it when unfolding. How well do each one hold up against each other in such a clash?

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #2,524 of 23,366
Just received my Fiio e17 today. This dirt poor college student is now 110% ready for these. Get at me!

The only high quality songs I have for referencing is that HD tracks pack that they give out for free... I have a lot of other stuff but it's not HIGH quality.

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #2,527 of 23,366
I see some of your selections have changed since I first posed the same question months ago.  I still haven't decided #1, but The Doors 'Riders on the Storm' will be in there around 5th, after testing out the range with something more dynamic.  Tool is definitely a consideration for 2nd. Maybe the Chemical Bros for 4th.  Merzbow is a Japanese Industrial musician, undoubtedly an aquired taste, might slip in at 3rd.  I used to play the track '716' from them just to piss of the neighbors but it has affectionately grown on me. 

Quote:
Flash forward...ya just got your M100 package in the mail and you're creamin' in your jeans before you can get it out of the box. What is the FIRST song you are going to pump life into these bad boys? 

Quote:
For me it's always Fleetwood Mac The Chain when checking out new headphones. With top quality cans you really can hear details otherwise missed and it shows up the quality (or lack of it) of the bass. 
basshead.gif

Quote:
PrototypeRaptor - Fasten your seatbelt (its available for free on bandcamp) bass heavy, very complex electronic, skrillex like but a notable difference in sound.

Quote:
Also first song? REALLY tough. I will probably have to choose Antidepressant 044 since it would break my mind with musical bliss.

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #2,528 of 23,366
Quote:
Merzbow is a Japanese Industrial musician, undoubtedly an aquired taste, might slip in at 3rd.  I used to play the track '716' from them just to piss of the neighbors but it has affectionately grown on me. 

Holy cow, What did your neighbors do to you to piss you off that much?  I would seriously hesitate to even call Merzbow's sound "music" (more honestly referred to as noise, neither being positive or critical here... Just honest).  If anyone believes I am being too harsh here, please go look up Merzbow to see what I mean, before passing judgment.

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #2,530 of 23,366
I don't like how it's straight...  Please be some sort of crazy special adapter :p  Or a different studio cable or something.  Rather have the angled for mobile use :D

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #2,532 of 23,366
Holy cow, What did your neighbors do to you to piss you off that much?  I would seriously hesitate to even call Merzbow's sound "music" (more honestly referred to as noise, neither being positive or critical here... Just honest).  If anyone believes I am being too harsh here, please go look up Merzbow to see what I mean, before passing judgment.

In my opinion, you are right. I clicked on a song called hummingbird and it scared the bejeezus out of me.

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #2,533 of 23,366
Quote:
Does anyone see why he may have posted this? Is it a 1/4" adapter?

Quote:
I don't like how it's straight...  Please be some sort of crazy special adapter :p  Or a different studio cable or something.  Rather have the angled for mobile use :D

If its not a special adapter, then it could just be the end of the cable that goes into the headphone.

...Also i looked up Merzbow and listened for 10 seconds to Minus Zero and it scared me to near death.

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #2,534 of 23,366
stay tuned for more surprise pics on Twitter/FB V-MODA. I just landed in San Francisco with FOUR NEARLY FINAL M-100s and another secret product, I'm the luckiest gadget-guy in the world.  

SF QWIK MEET?
I'll be in SF all week, if some people are around I can setup a small V-MODA meet somewhere.   

Glad to be back in USA!

-v

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #2,535 of 23,366
Quote:

If its not a special adapter, then it could just be the end of the cable that goes into the headphone.

...Also i looked up Merzbow and listened for 10 seconds to Minus Zero and it scared me to near death.

Good point Mike...  I hope this is true :)  IDC if he has a 1/4" (or a 1/8") connector into the headphone if this is the end that goes into the headphone :p as long as the other end is angled that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back