V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 30, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #2,551 of 23,366
Quote:
another secret product, I'm the luckiest gadget-guy in the world.  

-v

Val,
Going to take another crazy guess since you enjoy tickling us with a feather........the "secret product"  is a dedicated universal amp designed to enhance the M-100.  If so, I will have to purchase as a package as long as the amp costs less than the M-100.

Jun 30, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #2,552 of 23,366
Quote:
Val,
Going to take another crazy guess since you enjoy tickling us with a feather........the "secret product"  is a dedicated universal amp designed to enhance the M-100.  If so, I will have to purchase as a package as long as the amp costs less than the M-100.

Semi-agreed... But it also might be the "Revolver".

Also, did we end up getting any V-LOG or anything last night? All I saw were those two pictures, which was kind-of disappointing.

Jun 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #2,553 of 23,366
Quote:

I very much doubt it is Revolver, it's something that won't be out for probably at least a year or two and marketing wise it's not the time to bring that out right now when the focus should be around M100 IMO so my logic tells me it's not Revolver.

Jun 30, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #2,554 of 23,366
Quote:

I very much doubt it is Revolver, it's something that won't be out for probably a year or two at the very least and marketing wise it's not the time to bring that out right now when the focus should be around M100 IMO so my logic tells me it's not Revolver.

I see - I guess I can agree with those reasons. I was actually myself questioning the timing - so it is probably something else then.

Do you also think it is an "M-100 amp"?

Jun 30, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #2,555 of 23,366
I'd go a +1 on the amp.  Can't imagine that full size plug had anything to do with the headphone specifically. 

Hope the poster that listened to Merzbow slept ok.  lol.  Don't really understand the point to Merzbow. 

Jun 30, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #2,556 of 23,366
Quote:
Don't really understand the point to Merzbow. 

If I had to take a guess, I would say it probably goes well enough with hallucinogenics, or would be great for pissing off the neighbors that have annoyed you.  Crank it up through a home sound system, and put on some headphones with good isolation (connected to your portable) and you can insulate yourself from the weapon.

Honestly, my interest in audio was largely fueled by a neighbor that played annoying music too loud and too late one night.  It took me about $10K and ended up being a just over 1,500W WMD, but I did win that war (and the lights on the entire floor dimmed with my bass, when I turned the volume over 5/8 up).

Jun 30, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #2,557 of 23,366
Quote:

Also, did we end up getting any V-LOG or anything last night? All I saw were those two pictures, which was kind-of disappointing.

Isn't "Revolver" just referring to the Beatles album? He said Revolve never sounded so good. 

Jun 30, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #2,558 of 23,366
Quote:
I'd go a +1 on the amp.  Can't imagine that full size plug had anything to do with the headphone specifically. 

Hope the poster that listened to Merzbow slept ok.  lol.  Don't really understand the point to Merzbow. 

I was thinking more along the lines of a portable amp.  I'm thinking the 1/4" plug is a DJ option.

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #2,560 of 23,366
Just posted by Val on Twitter.

"
shameless M-100 plug ‪#m100mania‬ VMODA @VMODA pic.twitter.com/FBO6iMhz"

Does anyone see why he may have posted this? Is it a 1/4" adapter?

Sorry to bust bubbles, but I think it's a straight ended plug with a 1/4" adapter screwed in over top of the regular plug. Look how the grip bump pattern doesn't match up halfway through; my Audio Technicas also have a thread on it's plug so that the adapter stays on secure. It looks like there is also a large strain-relief sleeve on the cable end, nice!

Remember though, there was a reason given for connecting the headphone cable "upside down," with the 45° angle plug at the headphone and the straight end at the source output. I totally forget why this helped, but maybe the straight end is threaded to show full support for using the cable that way?

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #2,561 of 23,366
Quote:
Sorry to bust bubbles, but I think it's a straight ended plug with a 1/4" adapter screwed in over top of the regular plug. Look how the grip bump pattern doesn't match up halfway through; my Audio Technicas also have a thread on it's plug so that the adapter stays on secure.
Remember though, there was a reason given for connecting the headphone cable "upside down," with the 45° angle plug at the headphone and the straight end at the source output. I totally forget why this helped, but maybe the straight end is threaded to show full support for using the cable that way?

I think this answers it nicely...

Quote:
THE 1/4" coiled will be an accessory for M-100... the three cables included are 1, 3 and dual share audio.

Don't forget our CDJ friends, they depend on long cables....

-v

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #2,562 of 23,366
THE 1/4" coiled will be an accessory for M-100... the three cables included are 1, 3 and dual share audio.

Don't forget our CDJ friends, they depend on long cables....

-v

Well who can you believe, if not the CEO? My problem (which may not be shared) is this sentence isn't a clear description. My description could hold true within these details, though they may not. I'm guessing "1, 3" mean one button and 3 button cables (but of course make me think of the "Einstein on the Beach" album I discovered last night), and the... dual share audio? Anybody able to explain to me what that means? And what kind of DJ is a CDJ?

I do gather from this that the [THE] 1/4" coiled cable is an accessory sold separately.

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #2,563 of 23,366
Quote:
Well who can you believe, if not the CEO? My problem (which may not be shared) is this sentence isn't a clear description. My description could hold true within these details, though they may not. I'm guessing "1, 3" mean one button and 3 button cables (but of course make me think of the "Einstein on the Beach" album I discovered last night), and the... dual share audio? Anybody able to explain to me what that means? And what kind of DJ is a CDJ?
I do gather from this that the [THE] 1/4" coiled cable is an accessory sold separately.

Dual share I'm assuming (obviously I can be wrong) is a cable that has a headphone jack (splitter) inside of it (Kind of a Y split except you have a headphone jack there).  It will allow another person to plug in their headphones into it in order to listen to your tunes. 

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #2,565 of 23,366
Quote:
Ahh.  So instead of adding a full size adapter, there is a cable that terminates to a full size plug.  Very nice.  That is useful for DJ's but also useful to those who plug into home theater systems or amps. 

I'm sure an adapter will still be included, but it won't be a long coiled cable :p  I could be wrong though.  It'd be a good idea to do on V-Moda's part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back