V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 30, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #2,566 of 23,366
Sorry, I've been in a hurry so let me clarify.  

M-100 comes with three cables:

1) 1-button speakeasy microphone cable for Windows, Android, Amazon + smartphones 
2) 3-button speakeasy microphone cable for Apple products
3) Audio only cable with dual share + 1/4" adapter

The coiled cable and other surprise cable are accessories for M-100.

Can you help me name the DJ/long coiled cable that has metal plugs on both ends?  

-V

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #2,567 of 23,366
Sorry, I've been in a hurry so let me clarify.  

M-100 comes with three cables:

1) 1-button speakeasy microphone cable for Windows, Android, Amazon + smartphones 
2) 3-button speakeasy microphone cable for Apple products
3) Audio only cable with dual share
[COLOR=FF00AA][edit][/COLOR] + 1/4" adapter

The coiled cable and other surprise cable are accessories for M-100.

Can you help me name the DJ/long coiled cable that has metal plugs on both ends?  

-V

LOL so dual share will be a nifty feature I won't understand till release? Well that's ok, I like discovering all the little touches when I actually have the product to hold :)

Maybe you could call the long coiled cable "The Snake" or "Viper," because snakes coil up sometimes? Or you could say "we sell our 'Helix' coiled cable for those that build music." Snake, Viper, Helix, eXtender, Pro, Studio, Mix Mastering, Twist Master, Phono, No-Slack Jack, or... The DJ coiled cable. I only want $0.001 royalty if you use any of my names, lol! :wink:

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #2,568 of 23,366
Quote:
LOL so dual share will be a nifty feature I won't understand till release? Well that's ok, I like discovering all the little touches when I actually have the product to hold
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe you could call the long coiled cable "The Snake" or "Viper," because snakes coil up sometimes? Or you could say "we sell our 'Helix' coiled cable for those that build music." Snake, Viper, Helix, eXtender, Pro, Studio, Mix Mastering, Twist Master, Phono, No-Slack Jack, or... The DJ coiled cable. I only want $0.001 royalty if you use any of my names, lol!
wink.gif

I gotta say, the "No-Slack Jack" is possibly the worst name I've ever heard for any product ever. :p Well done.

Jun 30, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #2,569 of 23,366
Besides a coil cable, iPod cable, microphone single button cable, and straight audio cable... what other kind of "surprise" cable is possible?

Either some kind of audiophile upgrade cable for better sound, or a cable with in-line amplifier would be my guess.  What else would be surprising?  Maybe an extension cable?  That' s not very high on the secret surprise scale though.  You can already order custom colors for the cables on V-Moda's website so that wouldn't be the surprise either.  Gotta be an in-line amp...

Jun 30, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #2,570 of 23,366
Name for the coiled cable...  Since it does give slack (no-slack-jack makes no sense), Slacking Jack on the other hand does. 

Jun 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #2,573 of 23,366
VIPER is perfect, well done.

AnakChan saw a few of the surprises....  Sorry, we have to keep some things secret.  Although it's been fun to finally preview our works in progress this go around.

Jun 30, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #2,576 of 23,366
Quote:
So what is "Dual Share" anyway? I'm rather curious - it's not a very straightforward name..

The only thing I can think of is that it would allow you to daisy chain (like a splitter) headphones together.  Each "Dual Share" cable would be able to add one to the chain.  My only guess. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back