V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
May 25, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #1,518 of 23,366
May 25, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #1,520 of 23,366
You, sir, are awesome. Steins;gate ftw.
Quote:

Is he enough of a Mad Scientist to drink Dr. Pepper and travel time?

Joking and obscure references aside, my hope to get these cans has not slowed down! If there are Pre-Signs COUNT ME IN!

As much as I was afriad to ask this, I really do want to know what would be the best alternative since I do not have an iDevice. I know Val might have plans to release other VAMP models for non-iDevices but that will be quite awhile from now!

May 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #1,521 of 23,366
 These are the m100s main rival don't you think..If you improve on the sound quality of the m80s with the m100s and make them a little more comfy and add a mic for calls you will have a winner on your hands..I will be buying three pairs of them for the back of the car with or without the mic!

May 25, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #1,522 of 23,366
Quote:
 These are the m100s main rival don't you think..If you improve on the sound quality of the m80s with the m100s and make them a little more comfy and add a mic for calls you will have a winner on your hands..I will be buying three pairs of them for the back of the car with or without the mic!

IMO, I disagree that this is the main competitor.  These are supra-aural as opposed to the M-100 which is circum-aural which makes a huge difference in bass presence, isolation and soundstage.  I would say the 1350 competes directly with the M-80 and the upcoming Sennheiser Amperior.  The M-80 is superior to either of these at almost half the price.  I expect similar value from the M-100 to perform in another league and compete favorably with any portable closed can in and above their price range.  The challenge for V-Moda isn't that they don't have a vastly superior product in terms of sound quality, styling and function, it is getting the message out to the uninformed who aren't on Head-fi and buy Beats or Souls because they don't know any better.  Val- Do you have a V-Moda vehicle with traveling listening stations that can drive around country so that the masses can hear the difference?  Let me know if you need a roadie :)

May 25, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #1,523 of 23,366
Quote:
IMO, I disagree that this is the main competitor.  These are supra-aural as opposed to the M-100 which is circum-aural which makes a huge difference in bass presence, isolation and soundstage.  I would say the 1350 competes directly with the M-80 and the upcoming Sennheiser Amperior.  The M-80 is superior to either of these at almost half the price.  I expect similar value from the M-100 to perform in another league and compete favorably with any portable closed can in and above their price range.  The challenge for V-Moda isn't that they don't have a vastly superior product in terms of sound quality, styling and function, it is getting the message out to the uninformed who aren't on Head-fi and buy Beats or Souls because they don't know any better.  Val- Do you have a V-Moda vehicle with traveling listening stations that can drive around country so that the masses can hear the difference?  Let me know if you need a roadie :)

They should get them into the glossy magazines and on the catwalk if they can and get them on the billboards at times square if they want to be as big as beats,Send loads out to people who are famous and who are big in the dj industry like david guetta calvin harris and judge jules pete tong and tiesto and laid back luke.. p.s make sure they sound as good as they look and you will have a winner! A quote from Steve Guttenberg at the show: "You can think of V-Moda like Beats done right." I think Steve's spot on. Really great job, Val! high praise steve guttenberg is the man when it comes to telling the truth about home audio believe me his reviews are spot on..Electric zoo would be a good place to start all the djs will be playing this year if you can make the deadline that is..

Electric Zoo Announces 2012 Lineup Featuring Tiesto and David Guetta

April 9th, 2012 Goto commentsLeave a comment  

112Share

Electric Zoo 2012, one of New York’s premiere electronic music festivals, has just announced phase 1 of their artist lineup. The key headliners are Tiesto and David Guetta, although there are a ton of noteworthy artists included in the lineup. The festival takes place on Labor Day Weekend, August 31-September 2, at Randall’s island Park, NYC.

May 25, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #1,524 of 23,366
I can't speak for the Amperion but the DT1350 is a completely different animal when compared to the M-80. First of all it's a brighter headphone and it's general sound is a complete 180 next to M-80. The DT1350's bass is lean and extends better then the M-80 but the M-80 slams a heck of a lot better then the DT1350. The DT1350 is a great headphone for treble driven detail lovers while the M-80 is a great headphone for people who love bass but are sick of bloat. Both cans are great cans but they're aimed and two totally different consumer types. I will say it's a tough call for me between the two as far as vocals are concerned. They both do vocals very very well IMO. 

May 25, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #1,525 of 23,366
Quote:
I can't speak for the Amperion but the DT1350 is a completely different animal when compared to the M-80. First of all it's a brighter headphone and it's general sound is a complete 180 next to M-80. The DT1350's bass is lean and extends better then the M-80 but the M-80 slams a heck of a lot better then the DT1350. The DT1350 is a great headphone for treble driven detail lovers while the M-80 is a great headphone for people who love bass but are sick of bloat. Both cans are great cans but they're aimed and two totally different consumer types. I will say it's a tough call for me between the two as far as vocals are concerned. They both do vocals very very well IMO. 

For me it comes down to this: who's the best in replicating the live sound you experience when visiting a live show or concert. This means an engaging and in-your-face sound signature, not analytical like the 1350. I want to have fun and *feel* the music (let the studio do the mastering). I bet the V-100 will be a pretty good shot at a "live show" :)

May 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #1,526 of 23,366
Quote:
Highs extend further than M-80.  Bass is a bit like LP2 right now but slightly tighter, which prototype did you try?  We have a few roaming around so they have some uniqueness to each unit right now.

Hinges finished tooling!  The hinges will slightly break the ultra-sleek minimalism aesthetics of LP2/M-80, however many others like it as it adds to the "metal machine" look and they have a really amazing "movement/lock" that feels like a million bucks.  We hope they can even can be user replaced.  I view it like the part of a sport-bike motorcycle that is "naked" while the rest is still sleek.

did you see new small case?

I tried the one Bill brought over from Hong Kong. I had a chance to listen to it twice at the show and over at dinner (got to thank the VentureCraft boss who paid for dinner for everyone!!).

Dude, the small case you have for the M-100 is absolutely sick!!! I think that caught my attention more than the M-100 itself!! For you guys who missed the photo on the M100 shell case again :-

May 26, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #1,527 of 23,366
There is one thing that might be a nice touch to toss in with the M-100, something I miss having on my LP2's... A third cable, a shorter audio only.  Not all of us use idevices, or androids... I don't want a mic and set of buttons that I cannot use, and I don't want to snag an 80" cord on everything in sight.   Or maybe instead have two audio only cords (a 74" and 48") and a 6" extension that has the mic/controls on it?

May 26, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #1,528 of 23,366
Quote:
There is one thing that might be a nice touch to toss in with the M-100, something I miss having on my LP2's... A third cable, a shorter audio only.  Not all of us use idevices, or androids... I don't want a mic and set of buttons that I cannot use, and I don't want to snag an 80" cord on everything in sight.   Or maybe instead have two audio only cords (a 74" and 48") and a 6" extension that has the mic/controls on it?

Val just posted a video unpacking the white M-80 where he explains that the single button cord can be reversed to work as an audio-only cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back