V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 28, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #781 of 23,366
Quote:
We calculate MSRP based on our BOM price (bill of materials).  In fact, I don't know M-100's final MSRP until it finishes final validation and we lock it down.  It'll definitely be less than or equal to $300.

The VAMP/DAC is also based on BOM and will be ~$600, yet it's well worth it to think different.

I know about the m100, i should have been more specific, and specified i was talking about the vamp.

Wow so the vamp is a big boy then
tongue_smile.gif

Good thing I am not in a hurry for an amp/dac, this could very well be my next purchase.

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #782 of 23,366

Quote:
We calculate MSRP based on our BOM price (bill of materials).  In fact, I don't know M-100's final MSRP until it finishes final validation and we lock it down.  It'll definitely be less than or equal to $300.

The VAMP/DAC is also based on BOM and will be ~$600, yet it's well worth it to think different.

Wallet...you, me, and that hole you burn into my pocket are all gonna have to have a serious discussion  *rereads* ...very serious. Stupid college :/ but I figure something out one way or another.

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #783 of 23,366
The VAMP/DAC's price does seem a bit steep, but that's because of Apple's license fee for bypassing their iDevice's internal DAC, right Val? I was hoping for a portable DAC/amp that can bypass my iPhone's DAC, but such products are very few - CLAS, HP-P1, Go-DAP, to name a few. At the price of ~$600, can we expect the VAMP/DAC to do the same thing?

Quote:

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #785 of 23,366

Quote:
That think different part is bugging me... mmm

I would assume as above that it might have to do with Apple's licensing fee for the bypass DAC.

$600 though, damn. I assume that its portable maybe? Is the VAMP designed to tune into the M-100 in a way that no other portable AMP can or is it because the VAMP will offer the ability to tap the true abilities out of iDevices?

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #787 of 23,366
frankly i dont care for apple products...
Around here I am a bit of a minority lol.

Android all the way, but without standard USB audio, not much that can be done

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #788 of 23,366

Quote:
frankly i dont care for apple products...
Around here I am a bit of a minority lol.

Android all the way, but without standard USB audio, not much that can be done

I know that feel. But I also understand why Val would want to back apple since their portable products sell like hotcakes. Its only smart to back a company that holds a majority in the portable audio market.

That said, I still wonder if the M-100's will only truly work at full ampage with the VAMP and no other device since they were designed together. I can shake a lot in a time frame but 600-900 dollars is beyond even my ability. That is if the VAMP works as an universal amp/dac and not a iDevice exclusive amp.

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #789 of 23,366
I posted this before, but it appears to be missing? V-Moda may or may not be licensing Bose sound technology as their juggernaut surprise. You heard it here first.

Formerly Roy G Biv

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #793 of 23,366

Quote:
It's worth it
wink.gif

AnakChan has some info, but it gets even better.

OKAY - back to topic on M-100!  yes, virginia I'll monitor this thread and reward the right guesses.  

RE VAMP, let me write up a little intro and create a new thread in the right forum.  It is tuned at the same time as our M-100 and our future models, but it is made to work with any brand of headphone.

-v

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #794 of 23,366
Quote:
OKAY - back to topic on M-100!  yes, virginia I'll monitor this thread and reward the right guesses.  
RE VAMP, let me write up a little intro and create a new thread in the right forum.  It is tuned at the same time as our M-100 and our future models, but it is made to work with any brand of headphone.

-v

Just trolled your profile to see if you created the thread yet.
How about sum pics of your B&W Nautilus? :p

I'll play the guessing game:
  1. Folds up
  2. Super mic -confirmed
  3. Bigger inner diameter pads
  4. 3x cables: Audio only long, mic + controls short, audio only short

And crazy wild guesses
  1. Bluetooth 3.0 + HS
  2. iPod nano slot and controls on earcup
  3. Wood Cups?
  4. Kamehameha button :p
  5. Free V-Moda Gym shirt : that says "screw Beats, listen to real audio"