V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 27, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #755 of 23,366

Quote:
Deadmou5 was on /b.  I was there

Quote:

You are not talking about /mu/ and /g/ right..?

What do those crossed out letters mean? (And is it related to this thread...?) Thanks! 

I'm so excited about the M-100 coming out that I had a dream the other night where I was at a giant music store (you know, like the kind that used to exist, where you could physically walk in to it and listen to these odd round things called "c.d.s"?!) anyway, I was a a giant music store and Val was showing me the new M-100, and my mind was blown :)

Someday soon, this dream will become a reality...! 

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #756 of 23,366

Quote:
Anyone want to take a stab at what the special features on the M-100 might be? I'm pretty curious as to what Val has in store for us.

my money is on acoustic shields. that would be pretty sweet 
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #758 of 23,366
Quote:
If by that you mean the vents are covered I might have to find a way to trade up.

Same here, as long as the sound quality doesn't suffer for it. I personally hope there won't be any active electronics in the M100s -- and that they won't require a headphone amp to equal or better the M80s -- but I'm steeling myself for disappointment...

Mar 27, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #759 of 23,366
Is there an award for guessing it right
wink_face.gif

I would guess 2 things related to cable and plug:
1) A inter-changeable Y cable junction that can accept different cables and connections;
2) A TRS plug that can be used for both 1/8 and 1/4 jacks.  

^ Edit: just noticed that was my #666 post
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
Anyone want to take a stab at what the special features on the M-100 might be? I'm pretty curious as to what Val has in store for us.

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #760 of 23,366

Quote:

What do those crossed out letters mean? (And is it related to this thread...?) Thanks! 

I'm so excited about the M-100 coming out that I had a dream the other night where I was at a giant music store (you know, like the kind that used to exist, where you could physically walk in to it and listen to these odd round things called "c.d.s"?!) anyway, I was a a giant music store and Val was showing me the new M-100, and my mind was blown :)

What do those letters mean?  I'm confused, yes I'll post on REDDIT, that site is quite intriguing!

Re: Dream
Someday, a revival of Virgin Megastore into a V-MODA Store? Virgin was our first major retailer, the buyer from Virgin Megastore is now our VP Sales! 

We will open our first V-MODA store this year, I've been scouting locations.

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #761 of 23,366

Quote:

What do those letters mean?  I'm confused, yes I'll post on REDDIT, that site is quite intriguing!

Someday, a revival of Virgin Megastore into a V-MODA Store? Virgin was our first major retailer, the buyer from Virgin Megastore is now our VP Sales! 

basshead.gif

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #762 of 23,366

Quote:

I sent a PM explaining this without derailing the thread.

Quote:

Any of those on the East Coast? West Coast gets all the great stuff.

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #763 of 23,366

Quote:
my money is on acoustic shields. that would be pretty sweet 
biggrin.gif

Agreed!

Quote:
Is there an award for guessing it right
wink_face.gif

I would guess 2 things related to cable and plug:
1) A inter-changeable Y cable junction that can accept different cables and connections;
2) A TRS plug that can be used for both 1/8 and 1/4 jacks.  

^ Edit: just noticed that was my #666 post
evil_smiley.gif

I had thought the same thing - this should be a little contest haha. And congrats on your #666.
devil_face.gif

Quote:

Congrats Val! How about Times Square? :p

Mar 27, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #765 of 23,366

Quote:

So I'm psychic then. (I've always known, duh!!) 

Seriously though, my excitement over the M-100 is creeping into my subconscious :)

Oh, and another weird twist...if you had asked me about which exact store I was in during the dream, I would have said Virgin, even though I grew up going to The Warehouse, Amoeba Records,  and Blockbuster Music...how crazy is that?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back