V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 22, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #721 of 23,366

Quote:
With all these extra features you're adding on here, Val, I will take it msrp even if other people have it for cheaper. The interaction with the consumer base is amazing and I respect that. With the extended time of development, I can rack up more dough to pay for it :p

Totally agreed. No other company is even half as involved and in touch as V-MODA as far as I'm concerned.

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #725 of 23,366

Quote:
Anyone have any idea of an estimate release date. Are we talking weeks, few months or half a year?

Its estimated release is around May.

I think once Val gets some of the MP M-100's in and tests them to see if they are up to spec with the original he will set forth mass producing them sometime in April.

Don't quote me on it. I might not be 100% correct, but its what I picked up on.

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #730 of 23,366
Quote:
Anyone want to take a stab at what the special features on the M-100 might be? I'm pretty curious as to what Val has in store for us.

instakill button, instantly destroys all beats within a 100m radius

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #731 of 23,366
Active noise-cancelling.

No, not that kind. The kind that shuts up anyone and everyone who makes a comment along the lines of, "You spent $300 on HEADPHONES?!"
Instead the comments will go more like this: "Wow. Those look like some amazing headphones. Can I listen?" Followed by, "You ONLY spent $300 on these headphones?!"

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #732 of 23,366

Quote:
Anyone want to take a stab at what the special features on the M-100 might be? I'm pretty curious as to what Val has in store for us.

Maybe something e.g. a button that varies the frequency response of the M-100 in certain areas of the range, most probably the bass. 

Mar 25, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #733 of 23,366
I can't come up with anything...whatever it is it'll be a bonus for sure.

Mar 25, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #734 of 23,366

Quote:
Maybe something e.g. a button that varies the frequency response of the M-100 in certain areas of the range, most probably the bass. 

I am thinking the same thing. A system that turns on the full M-100 bass system (with the aid of an amp) and when switched off the drivers will redirect bass boost to other parts, making it sound perhaps closer to an M-80.

Who knows..

Mar 25, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #735 of 23,366

Something physical, because a couple months ago Val told us he might show us a picture of the case so we could try to guess at (at least one of) the new feature(s). You gotta watch what you say around here--I take these posts like gospel and commit them to memory!!

So my guess: flat-folding ear cups and/or collapsible headband, done in a brilliant V-MODA way that still achieves mil-spec.

Or: invisibility cloak included with each set of cans :)

Any bonus points for correct guesses, Val?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back