V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 14, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #635 of 23,366
I love V-moda's LP colors and I want the SQ of m-80's at the same time.
Im sure m-100 will have the SQ.
Will they have the same colors like the LP2 such as phantom chrome or nero? And could you even vary the color types even more?

Mar 14, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #636 of 23,366

Quote:
Haven't 100% locked it down, but I'm leaning heavily towards M-80's "Shadow" color scheme.  It is very hard to launch a variety of colors, Crossfade LP LAUNCHED in 5 colors.  

Aiming to launch relatively in the same time frame, they were in-fact developed together.  Unfortunately, the AMP/DAC slightly delayed M-100 as we couldn't lock the sound until I locked the amp/DAC.  Then, we switched back to iPhone/iPad for final tuning.

-v

@

Quote:
I love V-moda's LP colors and I want the SQ of m-80's at the same time.
Im sure m-100 will have the SQ.
Will they have the same colors like the LP2 such as phantom chrome or nero? And could you even vary the color types even more?

Thats all we know so far :)

Mar 14, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #638 of 23,366
I'm really interested in the new driver technology for the M-100! I can't to hear how it sounds - I could see it blowing every other portable out of the water in terms of resolution and soundstage. Not to mention, there are not that many circumaurals that are as portable so I'll be really grateful for that. The next couple of months are gonna be a long wait for me lol.

Mar 14, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #639 of 23,366
Hey I've been keeping up with this forum discussion for a few weeks now but have not registered until today. I was wondering how they would sound if I just use them for my iPod. I don't know that much information about headphones, I just want something that looks good and sounds good. I had previously bought the Beats but I felt I was wearing something that was going to fall apart any second and returned them. I then started looking into the V Moda line's LP/LP2 and stumbled upon this thread which has me waiting for the new M-100's. I don't plan on using them for DJ'ing or anything, rather just to watch movies, listen to iPod, and use them on my computer. 

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #641 of 23,366

Quote:
Crossfade LPs, LP-2s or M-80's?

The Crossfade LP are pretty bad imo. The LP-2, while not my style, are supposed to be pretty good at what it's supposed to do. The M-80's are great for rock/alternative though.

LP's. I recently tried the rock EQ on my iPod (I'm aware everyone says they're bad) but wow, everything, not just rock, sounds much, much better!

Mar 14, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #642 of 23,366
Any plans to have those coiled cables available in the online shop, Val?
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #643 of 23,366

Quote:
Hey I've been keeping up with this forum discussion for a few weeks now but have not registered until today. I was wondering how they would sound if I just use them for my iPod. I don't know that much information about headphones, I just want something that looks good and sounds good. I had previously bought the Beats but I felt I was wearing something that was going to fall apart any second and returned them. I then started looking into the V Moda line's LP/LP2 and stumbled upon this thread which has me waiting for the new M-100's. I don't plan on using them for DJ'ing or anything, rather just to watch movies, listen to iPod, and use them on my computer. 

From what Val has said so far, the M-100 does not require an amp. (I'm pretty sure someone confirm this).

Mar 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #644 of 23,366

Quote:
From what Val has said so far, the M-100 does not require an amp. (I'm pretty sure someone confirm this).

Nope... but it will sound "cleaner" with our VAMP product, which was developed in tandem.

Quote:
LP's. I recently tried the rock EQ on my iPod (I'm aware everyone says they're bad) but wow, everything, not just rock, sounds much, much better!

LP is an underrated headphone by Head-Fi, and I knew it would be as its sound is more like a love-child of the HDJ-2000 and Beats Studio with my own 3D staging.  But, Crossfade LP is historic as it's now the "industry standard" DJ headphone, is #1 headphone rated on Newegg and varies between #2-5 on Amazon out of all 14500 headphones.  Even having all my new products, I feel LP is an amazing consumer and DJ headphone and the LP2 is even cleaner and a tad less bass. For true long listening sessions and especially for modern music at louder volumes, the LP/LP2 is quite an "experience".    

Environment matters to sound - Jude says he uses LP2s often as his go-to headphone when he's on the go.  As far as on stage with big monitors, I'm not sure if M-100 will work as well - I haven't tested it much yet DJing at large gigs.  I think it should work well, but it doesn't get as low and shake near as much as LP/LP2.  We are actually sold out of LP2s for a while and only have <100 M-80s left, they really have taken off and we don't expect more LP2s until June 30th the latest but hopefully sooner.  Amazon has a couple remaining..

INTERESTING HINT - White LPs have slightly less bass out of the box before break-in because of the pigment being grey, yes the moisture/pigment does effect the sound.  More about that later folks! 

Originally Posted by Kalbee
Any plans to have those coiled cables available in the online shop, Val? 
biggrin.gif

YUP, of course.  and much more!  V-MODA is all about having your product personalized, and the cable is a very personal choice.  But it takes a VERY long time to pass our bare cable, and cable + plug durability standards of 1 million bends (10k is industry standard).

2:30am at the office, watching the cables like clockwork at our V-MODA LA LAB.

Mar 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #645 of 23,366

Quote:

This stuff was specifically designed to run unamped off iDevices and sound phenominal when doing so.  They are built tough with metal components and feel solid... you can drop them or be rough with them and feel safe.  I have the original LP's and they sound fine for what you are expecting to do with them.  You can get them from Val's site for under $130 or Amazon for cheaper.  Sound Quality improves as you level up and pay accordingly, but for the basics, you'll be happy with the originals.  I'm trading up, of course, when the 100's come out, but they're twice the coin.  Hope this helps - you won't be disappointed in V-MODA products.  Good luck and welcome to the site!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back