V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 13, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #616 of 23,366
Did you get the GR07 from the IT fair

Yeah preordered from Treoo.
Probably have to wait 2 weeks.

I've been infected with the headphones/IEM virus ever since I stopped lurking and registered lol. Almost bought the HM5 until I stopped and reminded myself about the M100.

Mar 13, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #618 of 23,366
Well I'm saving for a preorder if it does happen for us here in the U.S.
Only problem now is I'm waiting for e17 orders to open up again, but also torn debating on waiting for more news about the V-MODA dac/amp combo and whether it'll be worthy competition to the e17.

Mar 13, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #619 of 23,366

Quote:
In fact, in the future Asia may get products a few days before America.  Don't worry, I have to wait too guys - I don't even have a sonic sample anymore as we're hard at work reproducing them.

Does this include the Philippines as well? Currently our local stores don't have the M80 yet...

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #623 of 23,366
Gah, I hope it's not a coiled cable - I had to buy the spare straight cable from AIAIAI because the stock coiled one that shipped with the TMA1 weighed a TON, and was coiled closer to the hp jack, which combined to really tug the left hand side down.

Mar 13, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #625 of 23,366
Yeah preordered from Treoo.
Probably have to wait 2 weeks.
I've been infected with the headphones/IEM virus ever since I stopped lurking and registered lol. Almost bought the HM5 until I stopped and reminded myself about the M100.

How much did you get it for? Cause online its like 200US

Mar 13, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #627 of 23,366

Quote:
It is 45 a V-MODA degree plug! Sweeeeet! I totally saw this on FB, but was too into looking at the cans to notice the cable :wink:

Haha, I didn't notice this... there are 45 degree coiled cables in the wild with famous DJs that we are alpha testing, but it isn't being planned to be INCLUDED with M-100.

So no, the coil is not the secret feature, its better...  However, you can thank my DJ bro-from-another-mo, Erick Morillo, for giving me inspiration (READ MAKING ME) design the coiled cable as it eventually led to making M-100 overall as I had to retool LP2 for it to stay in!  So I said, what the heck might as well do some more upgrades at the same time -  voila, that's why M-100 exists.   It's quite sweet that our products are kicked off from real-life audio professional needs vs marketing boardrooms analyzing "marketing needs analysis" reports and later hiring endorsers.  

There are many true stories on how these products were developed I can share sometime. I had plenty of time to think of M-100/Faders when I broke my leg on tour in Spain!  

Mar 13, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #628 of 23,366
Mar 14, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #630 of 23,366

Quote:
Haha, I didn't notice this... there are 45 degree coiled cables in the wild with famous DJs that we are alpha testing, but it isn't being planned to be INCLUDED with M-100.

So no, the coil is not the secret feature, its better...  However, you can thank my DJ bro-from-another-mo, Erick Morillo, for giving me inspiration (READ MAKING ME) design the coiled cable as it eventually led to making M-100 overall as I had to retool LP2 for it to stay in!  So I said, what the heck might as well do some more upgrades at the same time -  voila, that's why M-100 exists.   It's quite sweet that our products are kicked off from real-life audio professional needs vs marketing boardrooms analyzing "marketing needs analysis" reports and later hiring endorsers.  

There are many true stories on how these products were developed I can share sometime. I had plenty of time to think of M-100/Faders when I broke my leg on tour in Spain!  

You broke your leg on tour huh...so was she hotttttt and worth it
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back