V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 14, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #647 of 23,366

Quote:
Nope... but it will sound "cleaner" with our VAMP product, which was developed in tandem.

LP is an underrated headphone by Head-Fi, and I knew it would be as its sound is more like a love-child of the HDJ-2000 and Beats Studio with my own 3D staging.  But, Crossfade LP is historic as it's now the "industry standard" DJ headphone, is #1 headphone rated on Newegg and varies between #2-5 on Amazon out of all 14500 headphones.  Even having all my new products, I feel LP is an amazing consumer and DJ headphone and the LP2 is even cleaner and a tad less bass. For true long listening sessions and especially for modern music at louder volumes, the LP/LP2 is quite an "experience".    

Environment matters to sound - Jude says he uses LP2s often as his go-to headphone when he's on the go.  As far as on stage with big monitors, I'm not sure if M-100 will work as well - I haven't tested it much yet DJing at large gigs.  I think it should work well, but it doesn't get as low and shake near as much as LP/LP2.  We are actually sold out of LP2s for a while and only have <100 M-80s left, they really have taken off and we don't expect more LP2s until June 30th the latest but hopefully sooner.  Amazon has a couple remaining..

INTERESTING HINT - White LPs have slightly less bass out of the box before break-in because of the pigment being grey, yes the moisture/pigment does effect the sound.  More about that later folks! 

YUP, of course.  and much more!  V-MODA is all about having your product personalized, and the cable is a very personal choice.  But it takes a VERY long time to pass our bare cable, and cable + plug durability standards of 1 million bends (10k is industry standard).

2:30am at the office, watching the cables like clockwork at our V-MODA LA LAB.

I absolutely love everything about my LP's...rouge that is.  The sound fits me perfect.  I've never heard the LP2's and would love to have a them in my collection in time to add the M-100.  The only reason I'm not getting the M-80 is because I'm only into over ear headphones.

Good work Val, love having you on here.  Can't wait to see all of the features of the 100, and the sooner you launch it the sooner we can start talking and hinting about the Revolver.

:)

Mar 14, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #648 of 23,366
So I have $350 ready and loaded.

Val, if you were to hint, if I were to get both the M-100's and possible the VAMP (depending if it will work on all pmp's) would I be able to "fire my rounds at the target?"

Or perhaps should I "load more rounds in the chamber before firing"?

(Yes, its a revolver pun. And yes, I never was good at wordplay)

Mar 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #649 of 23,366

Quote:
So I have $350 ready and loaded.

Val, if you were to hint, if I were to get both the M-100's and possible the VAMP (depending if it will work on all pmp's) would I be able to "fire my rounds at the target?"

Or perhaps should I "load more rounds in the chamber before firing"?

(Yes, its a revolver pun. And yes, I never was good at wordplay)

It's all good, I appreciated it.
beerchug.gif

Mar 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #650 of 23,366
"INTERESTING HINT - White LPs have slightly less bass out of the box before break-in because of the pigment being grey, yes the moisture/pigment does effect the sound.  More about that later folks! " 

What!? That's insane if true...

Also, has anyone tried blocking the V vents on the V-Moda shields? I'm thinking of doing it to improve isolation/wind noise but I was wondering if anyone could comment on the changes in SQ it makes. 

Mar 15, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #651 of 23,366

Quote:
"INTERESTING HINT - White LPs have slightly less bass out of the box before break-in because of the pigment being grey, yes the moisture/pigment does effect the sound.  More about that later folks! " 

What!? That's insane if true...

Also, has anyone tried blocking the V vents on the V-Moda shields? I'm thinking of doing it to improve isolation/wind noise but I was wondering if anyone could comment on the changes in SQ it makes. 

It changes the sound. Soundstage becomes more compressed and bass extension suffers slightly. Give it a test cover the vents with your fingers and do an A/B comparison.

Mar 15, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #653 of 23,366

Quote:
sigh my wallet cant handle that..... is the LP2 better or the M80s for portable? and is there international warrenty

The M-80 is on-ear, LP/LP2 is over-ear. Sound-wise, LP/LP2 has more emphasized bass but still good mids and highs, and M-80 is tuned to what V-MODA calls the "modern audiophile," or "modiophile." Both get great reviews on Amazon; M-80 gets better reviews on this site. I've owned all three: LP, LP2, and M-80. I think they're all fairly portable for non-IEMs, but M-80 is definitely the smallest and lightest of the bunch. I like the sounds of both for different reasons--M-80 for some, LP2 for others. All come with mic cable for phone and iDevice compatibility :) Hope this helps!

Mar 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #655 of 23,366

Quote:
LP is an underrated headphone by Head-Fi, and I knew it would be as its sound is more like a love-child of the HDJ-2000 and Beats Studio with my own 3D staging.  But, Crossfade LP is historic as it's now the "industry standard" DJ headphone, is #1 headphone rated on Newegg and varies between #2-5 on Amazon out of all 14500 headphones.  Even having all my new products, I feel LP is an amazing consumer and DJ headphone and the LP2 is even cleaner and a tad less bass. For true long listening sessions and especially for modern music at louder volumes, the LP/LP2 is quite an "experience".

Is there anything else that can be done to further improve the sound? EQ's, portable amps? (More cheaper amps, not over $100)

Mar 15, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #656 of 23,366

Quote:

Is there anything else that can be done to further improve the sound? EQ's, portable amps? (More cheaper amps, not over $100)

Dont think a portable amp will make all that much difference as they were designed with being powered by portable players in mind and as such dont require as much power as some of the bigger headsets, EQ is personal and subjective so you will have to fiddle with whatever you like, if I use EQ settings I usually go with 'soft rock' or make my own which usually ends up looking like a very very small v (increasing not much at all from the centre outwards if that makes sense) but yeah, its all personal.

Mar 15, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #658 of 23,366

Quote:
I enjoy the app store business model of pricing at $0.99 and selling for bulk. What if V-Moda were to try this? I'd support it.

...You'd support cheaper pricing with no change in quality? That's a surprise : P

Mar 15, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #659 of 23,366

Quote:
...You'd support cheaper pricing with no change in quality? That's a surprise : P

Or they could sell them for free, supported by ads on the side. Using an honor system, you could upgrade to the premium version for $2.99, and then you're allowed to peal off the stickers.

Mar 15, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #660 of 23,366

Quote:
Dont think a portable amp will make all that much difference as they were designed with being powered by portable players in mind and as such dont require as much power as some of the bigger headsets, EQ is personal and subjective so you will have to fiddle with whatever you like, if I use EQ settings I usually go with 'soft rock' or make my own which usually ends up looking like a very very small v (increasing not much at all from the centre outwards if that makes sense) but yeah, its all personal.

Well let me rephrase that. What does everyone else do to that sounds better in their opinion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back