V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 15, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #661 of 23,366
Hope these come out soon.  Ended up deciding to return the M-80s as my ears just refuse to fully adjust to be comfortable with them.  Loved the sound though and plan to pre-order the M-100s once that option is available.

Mar 16, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #663 of 23,366
i rarely post but m-100s have seriously caught my eye.
i've ordered the LP2 for djing (mainly small gigs and don't really plan on making this a future career), but amazon is seriously lagging on the Lp2s.

just wondering if it would be worth waiting for the m-100s or just stick witht he LP2s (i can still cancel my order).
I'm sure both of these wondrous devices will get the job done except i do have the funds for either one (one or the other).  
Currently waiting on the 4trak to be released so i don't have my current setup yet ( i do have the S4 looking to switch it up).

would it be worth it to cancel my LP2 order and wait for the m-100s?
are there any preorders or anything going on in the US?

i've tried my best to simply read through these 45 pages, but instead of giving me a definite choice it just makes me wanna buy both

although i don't post often (this being my 2nd one only) i love reading through head-fi.  Like delving into a book where you have no idea what's happening.  yet it's still interesting somehow

slowly reading through every page while i work on my transfer apps, but as of now i've cancelled my lp2 order Just incase!

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #664 of 23,366
I think this thread has converted many lurkers into posters, I actually think I was one :p
so well done to Val for expanding the head-fi community and including there opinions.

Ofcourse the extra interest generated is not bad either :)

Quote:
i've ordered the LP2 for djing (mainly small gigs and don't really plan on making this a future career), but amazon is seriously lagging on the Lp2s.

just wondering if it would be worth waiting for the m-100s or just stick witht he LP2s (i can still cancel my order).
I'm sure both of these wondrous devices will get the job done except i do have the funds for either one (one or the other).  
Currently waiting on the 4trak to be released so i don't have my current setup yet ( i do have the S4 looking to switch it up).

would it be worth it to cancel my LP2 order and wait for the m-100s?
are there any preorders or anything going on in the US?

i've tried my best to simply read through these 45 pages, but instead of giving me a definite choice it just makes me wanna buy both

although i don't post often (this being my 2nd one only) i love reading through head-fi.  Like delving into a book where you have no idea what's happening.  yet it's still interesting somehow

slowly reading through every page while i work on my transfer apps, but as of now i've cancelled my lp2 order Just incase!

LP2 will be better in a DJing environment, M100 will be better for listening, its been posted alot, I think they will both be able to do both roles, but each will be better in the roles they were designed for

Mar 16, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #665 of 23,366

Quote:
Well let me rephrase that. What does everyone else do to that sounds better in their opinion?

The trick I learned many years ago to vastly improve SQ in ANY audio device--headphone, speaker, whatever--is this: I usually start with a 30 minute meditation, focusing on how lucky I am to be able to afford expensive audio gear when over 2 billion people on Earth live below the poverty line, then I stop comparing what I experience to what I perceive everyone else is experiencing, and then I usually give my audio gear another try. Viola! Better sound quality through paradigm shift. Works every time. 
dt880smile.png
 You're welcome.

If that doesn't work, I try this technique.

ok, ok, ok...sorry for the joking around. For real, I think a good amp or amp/dac can help greatly. I'm waiting for my E17 to arrive! 

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #666 of 23,366
An amp will help improve SQ, though the amount of improvement depends on the cans themselves. Although many are designed to be used with just an iPod say, some will sound a lot better with an amp and some others will sound moderately better. What defines how much they will change... Not quite sure, but naturally the amp will be one of the most important factors.

And, "VAMP"... how did I not think of this! Lol

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #667 of 23,366

Quote:
I think this thread has converted many lurkers into posters, I actually think I was one :p
so well done to Val for expanding the head-fi community and including there opinions.

Ofcourse the extra interest generated is not bad either :)

LP2 will be better in a DJing environment, M100 will be better for listening, its been posted alot, I think they will both be able to do both roles, but each will be better in the roles they were designed for

alright thanks and my bad was late when i was reading through last night and i could have sworn i saw no posts regarding my issue.
i feel like i'm in a dilemma , consideringi do want these babies too now..
i think if anything i can just postpone 1 piece of equipment and splurge on an extra set of a wondrous company's headphones

Mar 16, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #668 of 23,366

Quote:
alright thanks and my bad was late when i was reading through last night and i could have sworn i saw no posts regarding my issue.
i feel like i'm in a dilemma , consideringi do want these babies too now..
i think if anything i can just postpone 1 piece of equipment and splurge on an extra set of a wondrous company's headphones

Don't forget that you will see the biggest improvements with an amp when playing high-quality music files such a lossless FLAC.

Mar 17, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #670 of 23,366
Although I'm sure I've read it before, can anyone tell me what sound differences there will be between the m-80 and m-100?
From what I remember someone said something about the m-80 with more bass.

Mar 17, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #674 of 23,366

Quote:

tough question, they'll both work for DJ use, in fact.  How rough are you on headphones? 

Mar 17, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #675 of 23,366
Haven't read the whole thread, have bigger earcushions been looked into? My Crossfades become uncomfortable after about an hour or two of use because they're not quite big enough and my ear rubs against the driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back