V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 23, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #22,606 of 23,366
If the are uncomfortable then the compression is too much for you. Open up the headband. Will relieve that compression. You can make it tighter or looser by bending the headband

Doesn't that ruin the headphone by bending it? Isn't the compression for noise cancellation ? Why do they make it so tight? I've loosened it a bit but I'm afraid to go much further cause I don't want them to be too loose.

Jun 23, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #22,607 of 23,366
Doesn't that ruin the headphone by bending it? Isn't the compression for noise cancellation ? Why do they make it so tight? I've loosened it a bit but I'm afraid to go much further cause I don't want them to be too loose.

No worry about that. Or you can put some books in between and leave it overnight, repeat for a week or so. Also, have you tried XL pads?

Jun 24, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #22,608 of 23,366

You're not going to ruin the band. My m80 was too tight so I loosened it up. Then I decided to make it tighter, then I let a family member with a big head borrow it and we opened it up a lot. Then I tightened it again for me to use. That metal band can take it.

Jun 24, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #22,609 of 23,366
Ya its damn strong... even my XS I twist and turn it. Its fine.

The only thing that is the band will flakes after few years of use~
I just cover it with a knitted cloth.

Jun 24, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #22,610 of 23,366
  I had reached out to V-Moda regarding if using a dual jack on the headphones instead of just a single jack in the L/R cup would be beneficial. Customer Support sent my inquiry to their 'Lab technicians' who advised it is beneficial as it relieves resistance from the R cup (or vice versa, the opposite cup the cord is plugged in to). 

So besides the very expensive Silver Dragon/Blue Dragon cords, does any one else know of one that fits in the m-100.. like the Denon replacement cord (not sure if it fits, asking)?

So what type of sound quality improvement am I going to get if I use a dual jack on these?

Jun 24, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #22,611 of 23,366

So what type of sound quality improvement am I going to get if I use a dual jack on these?

I noticed a slight difference when I plugged my normal cable into the jack on my shareplay cable and ran it that way. V-Moda tech support stated it reduces resistance on that would have been the one that did not have a cable plugged in. This will balance the sound out (I mean as it is known the unplugged speaker will have sliiiightly lower audio decibles and I felt (maybe a placeblo) I gained some clarity while doing so as well.

Jun 24, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #22,612 of 23,366
  I noticed a slight difference when I plugged my normal cable into the jack on my shareplay cable and ran it that way. V-Moda tech support stated it reduces resistance on that would have been the one that did not have a cable plugged in. This will balance the sound out (I mean as it is known the unplugged speaker will have sliiiightly lower audio decibles and I felt (maybe a placeblo) I gained some clarity while doing so as well.

I may have to try one then. Thanks for the impressions. Stupid question, but what is the name for that type of cable? Just a dual cable? Or what.

Jun 26, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #22,614 of 23,366
Jun 27, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #22,615 of 23,366

With or Without cables, they really sound great

Jun 27, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #22,620 of 23,366
After doing some research on here, I picked up the V-Moda M-100's. I was looking for something with solid bass (I mostly listen to hip-hop), but still quality and clarity through the whole frequency range (for when I'm listening to live instruments).

I actually got this M-100 for free because I returned both my Beats Studio 2 and LG Tones (both gifts) to Best Buy under the protection plan when they both broke. (Beats ear cushion came apart and LG's left side audio died.) So you know, awesome upgrade!

I've only had the M-100 for a couple days, but I'm looking forward to enjoying these. I'm not a head-fi regular, but I always come here first when doing research, because where else would I go. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back