V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 6, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #22,576 of 23,366
Has anyone had any luck putting other pads on the m-100?  I'd like something with a larger opening than the XL pads.  

I thought I remembered seeing a post a couple months back where someone put HM5 pads over top of the stock pads, I can't seem to find it now.  I wonder if it was over on r/headphones?  Thanks.

Jun 9, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #22,577 of 23,366
I had reached out to V-Moda regarding if using a dual jack on the headphones instead of just a single jack in the L/R cup would be beneficial. Customer Support sent my inquiry to their 'Lab technicians' who advised it is beneficial as it relieves resistance from the R cup (or vice versa, the opposite cup the cord is plugged in to). 

So besides the very expensive Silver Dragon/Blue Dragon cords, does any one else know of one that fits in the m-100.. like the Denon replacement cord (not sure if it fits, asking)?

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #22,579 of 23,366
I ended up with the XS. I tried the M-100 but they were just not comfortable to me. I even tried the XL cushions but still hurt my ears. They do sound great don't get me wrong, I wish I could of kept them but they were just not for me. I am now hoping vmoda is working on a wireless set of XS or possibly a wired set with a lightning port(iPhone) with the rumors of the phone getting rid of the 3.5mm port for a bump in sound quality.

Jun 9, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #22,580 of 23,366
  I ended up with the XS. I tried the M-100 but they were just not comfortable to me. I even tried the XL cushions but still hurt my ears. They do sound great don't get me wrong, I wish I could of kept them but they were just not for me. I am now hoping vmoda is working on a wireless set of XS or possibly a wired set with a lightning port(iPhone) with the rumors of the phone getting rid of the 3.5mm port for a bump in sound quality.

You know what I'd love? The XS sound signature in an M-100 form factor. *droooooooool* Also, a swivel on the cup of the XS would be great too. It pinches my ear after a while and becomes really uncomfortable.

Jun 9, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #22,581 of 23,366

But the XS is on ear. I never thought that an on-ear can be more comfortable than over-ear.

Jun 9, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #22,582 of 23,366
  But the XS is on ear. I never thought that an on-ear can be more comfortable than over-ear.

True dat. Every on-ear that I own is way less comfortable than the m100's (with either sets of pads).

Jun 10, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #22,583 of 23,366

I know, go figure!
I also found the XS to be more comfortable than the M-100 (even with the XL pads). The M-100s hurt the top of my head and I still had to sort of bundle my ears into the XL cups. The XS, due to a slightly different headband design and lighter clamping force... feel great. I like the sound signature of the XS better as well, so it was a win-win for me.

Jun 10, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #22,584 of 23,366

I know, go figure!
I also found the XS to be more comfortable than the M-100 (even with the XL pads). The M-100s hurt the top of my head and I still had to sort of bundle my ears into the XL cups. The XS, due to a slightly different headband design and lighter clamping force... feel great. I like the sound signature of the XS better as well, so it was a win-win for me.

Congrats! I guess it's a trip to the audio shop to audition the XS for me then!

Jun 10, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #22,585 of 23,366
Finally i saw some people who is same as me~ prefer XS over M-100 
etysmile.gif

Jun 10, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #22,588 of 23,366
  I had reached out to V-Moda regarding if using a dual jack on the headphones instead of just a single jack in the L/R cup would be beneficial. Customer Support sent my inquiry to their 'Lab technicians' who advised it is beneficial as it relieves resistance from the R cup (or vice versa, the opposite cup the cord is plugged in to). 

So besides the very expensive Silver Dragon/Blue Dragon cords, does any one else know of one that fits in the m-100.. like the Denon replacement cord (not sure if it fits, asking)?

Would these be to cheap?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PZHOHQ6/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687622&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00KX5P06G&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=QEZNKVEQ4VGJ81DF65YG

The three jacks are the 3.5mm size, so they should fit the m100.

Jun 10, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #22,589 of 23,366
  @blazinblazin I see you have the silver dragons.. do they really make a big enough difference to justify the cost? I really want a cord that goes to both cups, but that is quite an expense.. 

I would say yes there's a difference but not that large of an improvement at first. My Silver Dragon only goes to 1 cup, so might be better if goes to both cups.

I would say after long listening you will feel the sound changes, part of the sound get a little bit more punch. I would say now my XS sounds more beautiful than it used to be.

Another thing to consider is that Silver dragon is thick and heavy and not so flexible. Despite that i still bring out for portable use though 
etysmile.gif

Jun 13, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #22,590 of 23,366
You know what I'd love? The XS sound signature in an M-100 form factor. *droooooooool* Also, a swivel on the cup of the XS would be great too. It pinches my ear after a while and becomes really uncomfortable.

Im with you. Have both the XS and M-100. Love the XS sound, but they have been relegated to being my "going running" headphones, paired with my dragonfly red. Just not super comfortable. My M-100 are my hip hop and contemporary R&B headphones. The XS is definately more versatile than the M-100. Cant stand the M-100 for any instrumental music, as the sound isn't accurate, but sounds good on vocals. Go figure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back