V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
May 19, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #22,561 of 23,366

Yes of course.  In fact, I already found a manufacturer in China that makes it.  However, they don't do retail, and I don't think you want to buy it by the metric ton.

http://www.mx-fastener.com/hex-socket-cap-self-tapping-screw.html

Also, there is a eBay seller with a box of mixed hex tapping screws that contains M1.5 and M1.7.

*slams fist down* Give me ALL of the screws!

On a side note, the chat agent told me the screws were "unique to their products."

May 19, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #22,562 of 23,366
Another way to do this is to order a new set of shields, which will include the correct screws for your M100.  Of course you can also ask around to see anyone here want to give you their screws.

May 19, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #22,564 of 23,366
  Perhaps, stuck limo -- knowing what you know -- you could verify if the screws listed here look fit for the task?:

http://www.albanycountyfasteners.com/Socket-Head-Cap-Screw-1-6MM-A2-Stainless-Steel-p/5000000.htm

The specs look promising (M1.6 socket head screws that take a 1.5mm hex key)...We would just need to be sure the 0.35mm thread pitch is the same, and to know what the preferred length would be (i.e. 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, or 6mm).

Kinda silly that they're so protective of this information, IMO.

If you buy a shield kit on amazon for under $20 u can get the screws with it.. i know thats expensive for a screw. but you could get shield color you actually want as well :D

May 19, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #22,565 of 23,366
On another note.. I was looking to try buying a coord that uses both ports for the same audio source.. I noticed the denon adh 600 cord may work (not sure if the ends fit in the v-moda)

Was wondering if anyone had used any good options for this (besides the moon audio coords, I cant find myself paying as much for the cord as the headphones themselves)

(I used my shareplay cord to test this out and to me, it did sound like there was more clarity when using both ports)

May 19, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #22,566 of 23,366
  OK, I have another question - are the V-Moda XS screws a different size than the M-100 screws?

I don't think so.

If you buy a shield kit on amazon for under $20 u can get the screws with it.. i know thats expensive for a screw. but you could get shield color you actually want as well :D

I second this, as it will be 100% fit with no issue.

On another note.. I was looking to try buying a coord that uses both ports for the same audio source.. I noticed the denon adh 600 cord may work (not sure if the ends fit in the v-moda)

Was wondering if anyone had used any good options for this (besides the moon audio coords, I cant find myself paying as much for the cord as the headphones themselves)

(I used my shareplay cord to test this out and to me, it did sound like there was more clarity when using both ports)

Not going to work as you can use a dual mono cable, but the pole spacing from the socket end will be off, so you will end up have dual right or dual left channel working in the M100.  Moon-Audio used to have a hard wired mod M-100 that does this.

May 19, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #22,567 of 23,366
May 19, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #22,568 of 23,366

Not going to work as you can use a dual mono cable, but the pole spacing from the socket end will be off, so you will end up have dual right or dual left channel working in the M100.  Moon-Audio used to have a hard wired mod M-100 that does this.

This makes sense. I suppose there is no real reason to do this. Moon Audio wants too much I could try that myself, but mine are only 2 months old and I have already had to use my warranty once. Don't want to chance voiding it for no solid reason.

Thanks for the explanation.

May 25, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #22,570 of 23,366
I just got a pair of the M-100s in the mail today. The pads aren't *filthy* but they could use a washing (mine was open box special), especially for the mesh that covers the driver. There's some gunk or something on them and I don't know how they got there. How to wash them? Washing machine? Hand wash with soap? Which works best and/or techniques? I'd just buy another pair of pads but then I'm almost to the price point of a brand new pair. =/

May 26, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #22,571 of 23,366
  I just got a pair of the M-100s in the mail today. The pads aren't *filthy* but they could use a washing (mine was open box special), especially for the mesh that covers the driver. There's some gunk or something on them and I don't know how they got there. How to wash them? Washing machine? Hand wash with soap? Which works best and/or techniques? I'd just buy another pair of pads but then I'm almost to the price point of a brand new pair. =/

I'd recommend hand washing to start. Not sure how durable those guys would be in a spin cycle.

May 26, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #22,572 of 23,366
A washing machine might nerf the foam. Warm water and mild soap should do it.

Jun 1, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #22,573 of 23,366
I got mine used without a warranty card. I assume it was lost. Does anyone have an extra one that hasn't been used or will it not matter even if I register it due to buying it used? I purchased my XS pair used and registered them. Are they going to require anything else if they break?

Jun 1, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #22,575 of 23,366
  Kinda silly that they're so protective of this information, IMO.

My guess is that they're kind of like Apple and do not want you modifying their product in any way shape or form without it being pre-approved. I'm guessing they want a uniform "look" to all the units and if someone put on their own screw, it would screw (haha) with the aesthetics of the design, which, in their mind, would reflect negatively on their brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back