V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 16, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #12,886 of 23,366
Quote:
I think when they run out of stock, they remove the color from the store. It is something temporal thought. If you are just interested in the color, you can try amazon or ebay.

Thanks, but I was wanting something put on it as well. All good. I can wait, just wanted to be sure it was as you said, "temporal". Thanks for the info. 

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #12,889 of 23,366
What are the clamping force like on these? I am going to buy them today and was wondering if I could wear glasses with them.

I wear glasses and they're no problem. I don't have a freakishly large head (though i'm told it's pretty big) and bending out the headband helps with comfort a little. They're not exactly tight in stock form - no more than my lcd3's - but can be made tighter or looser as you require.

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #12,890 of 23,366
Quote:
What are the clamping force like on these? I am going to buy them today and was wondering if I could wear glasses with them.

They are tight but comfortable. I think the clamping force is just perfect. The problem is the espace inside the cups, wich is ridiculous even for my super small ears... I did the modification proposed in this thread and now I love them.

Mar 16, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #12,892 of 23,366
A lot of people has been talking about that. They call it paper towel mod. There is another one that I prefere with some covers, and it is easy to find through the gallery a couple of weeks ago. I will upload some pictures if necessary later.

EDIT:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/12630#post_9219775

Mar 16, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #12,893 of 23,366
Quote:
A lot of people has been talking about that. They call it paper towel mod. There is another one that I prefere with some covers, and it is easy to find through the gallery a couple of weeks ago. I will upload some pictures if necessary later.

EDIT:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/12630#post_9219775

Thanks Ashade. That is actually what I did with my Phiaton MS400s because my ears were pressing against the grills and hurting. 

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #12,894 of 23,366
This is what I did with mines as I preferred velour kind pads...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/12540#post_9201783

And I can tell is heck comfortable.

Mar 16, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #12,895 of 23,366
This is what I did with mines as I preferred velour kind pads...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/12540#post_9201783

And I can tell is heck comfortable.

This is the softie on the M-100. I used plastic cable ties to get them on to the cushions. It makes the cushions deeper which would benefit those who have comfort issues. Sound wise I can't say I've noticed a huge difference, maybe it's a bit less in your face but that may just be psychological effect.

And the cable tie:

Mar 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #12,896 of 23,366
Nice job! I like the idea of the plastic cable! I used instead a broken wire of a macbook charger. It did the job... :p

The change in sound is not that big as you said. Less boomy/bassy probably but that is something that I think improves the sound signature. Still not as balanced as the Jaycars though.

Here are mines:

I was originally thinking in those red pads but... so flashy for my taste. Maybe in the future... although it is true they kind of mach the cable, and you could get red plates to match them as well.

Mar 16, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #12,897 of 23,366
Listening to some Japanese rock music. Dazzle Vision and HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR sound passable with the M-100's. The cymbals are lacking in detail compared to the K 701, and the guitar notes/male vocals sound a bit distant and lacking in definition though.

A quote from my dad:
Quote:
Those V-MODA earplugs might actually save my hearing if I use them consistently, especially when vacuuming.

Nice job Val and V-MODA! Saving people's hearing day-by-day.
L3000.gif

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #12,898 of 23,366
hello everybody! I think you are experiencing a congested sound stage because you did not use stiff metal wire wound like a slinky that stretches the inner diameter of the pads. After that put a bottle in the pad overnight to assist the widening of the pad and the "slinky" will open up fixing the issue.

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #12,899 of 23,366
Quote:

A quote from my dad:
Quote:
Those V-MODA earplugs might actually save my hearing if I use them consistently, especially when vacuuming.

Nice job Val and V-MODA! Saving people's hearing day-by-day.
L3000.gif

Indeed the VIP Faders are pretty great. I went to a party recently where the sound system is known for it's quality, but also its volume, and they were actually really helpful. They made it easier to talk to friends, and it even cleared up the reverberation from the room, which helps a lot. I didn't take them out, other than to explain to people they aren't earbuds, and I'm not listening to music through them; they're protective, tuned earplugs. 

Mar 17, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #12,900 of 23,366
Quote:
[picture] hello everybody! I think you are experiencing a congested sound stage because you did not use stiff metal wire wound like a slinky that stretches the inner diameter of the pads. After that put a bottle in the pad overnight to assist the widening of the pad and the "slinky" will open up fixing the issue.

Thank you so much for this!! I will try it tonight! Maybe this is the final relief of comfort these headphones needed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back