Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 837

post #12541 of 20927
Quote:
Originally Posted by money4me247 View Post

ooohh... sounds interesting. just like normal wire? how does that give you more depth?? please explain in vivid detail w/ pictures! heh :P

From my experience with the paper towel mod I assume that using wire would have a similar physical affect on the pads. The rolled up paper towels, when stuffed underneath the inner lining of the pads, pushes the padding out away from the driver and creates a few more millimeters of space between the driver and the surface of the pads. It also makes the pads a little stiffer because the memory foam inside the pad is compressed from the inside and pushed outward.

 

This is just an assumption on my part, but the paper towels because of their nature have a slight dampening effect on the sound quality as some have noted that it reduces bass. I imagine a rubber coated wire wouldn't affect the sound in the same way because of its consistency.

post #12542 of 20927
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post

From my experience with the paper towel mod I assume that using wire would have a similar physical affect on the pads. The rolled up paper towels, when stuffed underneath the inner lining of the pads, pushes the padding out away from the driver and creates a few more millimeters of space between the driver and the surface of the pads. It also makes the pads a little stiffer because the memory foam inside the pad is compressed from the inside and pushed outward.

 

This is just an assumption on my part, but the paper towels because of their nature have a slight dampening effect on the sound quality as some have noted that it reduces bass. I imagine a rubber coated wire wouldn't affect the sound in the same way because of its consistency.

oooh! so the wire has rubber around it. would someone be able to link the kind of wire you are talking about? I was thinking like a metal wire.

post #12543 of 20927
I used some spare cat5 cable, and it worked fine.
post #12544 of 20927
ya i used stiff copper wire and made almost like a slinky wound up and it made the pad more circular and the diameter wider also
post #12545 of 20927
ok first you get some of this wire or wire like itphoto IMG_2148_zps9ff5bb9d.jpg
than you bend the end like so. and wind it underneath the pads like a spring

it will lay in like this

i got a lot of depth as you can see

these are lp2s however i can say without a doubt that this would work with the m100s/ also this is where i got the "velour socks" that inspired me to use the wire(http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/368310-REG/Garfield_SGARHS1_Headphone_Softie_Earpad.html)
Edited by rudeboybass - 2/25/13 at 11:40am
post #12546 of 20927

OMG, V-MODA just shipped my VTF-100!!  Can't wait to test it out.

post #12547 of 20927

I just got mine. First reaction, holy crap these are small. Now I'm listening to them and it's awesome.

post #12548 of 20927

OK, I'll admit, having more bass can sound super fun. I'm having a hard time listening on "no bass boost" mode. >.>

 

Also, having no channel imbalance at a very low listening level + bass boost allows more bass impact at low volume levels, which will actually be a welcome sound for when I listen to music in the quiet library at school. The bass boost at higher volume levels doesn't sound as clean as the ZO2 from memory, but the ZO2 had an emphasis on the sub-bass rather than the lower bass.

 

Compared to the O2, based on my initial listening session, the C5 has a slightly smaller soundstage and more bass (bass boost off).

post #12549 of 20927
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureBeat View Post

I just got mine. First reaction, holy crap these are small. Now I'm listening to them and it's awesome.

 

Besides the sound, of course, that's the main thing that attracted me about the M100. A great sounding, stylish, over-ear headphone with a compact design that doesn't have to look like a helmet. Sennheiser has the Momentum, and more companies should do the same. 

post #12550 of 20927

Afraid to use the bass boost on E10...the bass on these is already good enough for me.

post #12551 of 20927
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Oh hey there, I saw your M-100 profile photo and I really like your custom design on it! *Matte black shields also go really well with the white silver M-100's*

 

I can totally attest for the white case getting dirty. I don't think individual cases are being sold yet since V-MODA is still trying to crank out the M-100's themselves, but in the future I'm sure they'll be available just like the LP/LP2 cases.

Thanks! I love your design as well! 

 

I got an email back from V-MODA tonight and they said they are making them now and will be for sale soon, but no exact date :(

post #12552 of 20927
How do these compare with the Ath m50s. I'm looking for something with more tunable bass. Enough bass to shake your head but sound tremendously clear.
post #12553 of 20927
Quote:
Originally Posted by v10gta View Post

How do these compare with the Ath m50s. I'm looking for something with more tunable bass. Enough bass to shake your head but sound tremendously clear.

You just described the M100!

 

And they are I am assuming on a whole different level then the M50's.

post #12554 of 20927

my status has been changed to awaiting shipment!, sooo excited!, i hope the shields turn out!
 

post #12555 of 20927
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsilva22 View Post

 

Besides the sound, of course, that's the main thing that attracted me about the M100. A great sounding, stylish, over-ear headphone with a compact design that doesn't have to look like a helmet. Sennheiser has the Momentum, and more companies should do the same. 

 

This is a great description of the M-100 and why I and many others like them so much.  I too was surprised at how small they were when I opened up the case.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.