V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #12,901 of 23,366
I was originally thinking in those red pads but... so flashy for my taste. Maybe in the future... although it is true they kind of mach the cable, and you could get red plates to match them as well.

Funny you should say that, this is the full effect. The red is quite dark so it's not too garish and it matches the crackle finish shields well. Having said that I really like the green on the matte black effect you have.

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #12,903 of 23,366
hi everyone! also if you cut the cloth dust screen out of the original pads it seems to make a difference since you have the softee in place no need for 2 dust covers.This could be psychological but i would think sound passing through less material would be better. also on a different note I do not know if its just me but I have been going to edm concerts. "raves" for about 10 years and i can say that for that type of music there is not a better headphone on the market that emulates the way edm(dubstep, trap, house, and electronic) is supposed to sound. but that is just my opinion
https://soundcloud.com/brosafari/bro-safari-the-drop
^:) ::basshead:sledgehammers to the sides of yours ears

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #12,904 of 23,366
What are those red pads and do they fix the problem with the stock pads?
yes! they are called headphone softees you can order them from b&hphotos website! they also keep you warm when its cold and cool when its warm. i have yet to break a sweat with them on, if you look back a couple of pages you can find my post that shows you how to make them fit really well and give the headphone more depth and diameter

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #12,905 of 23,366
[picture] hello everybody! I think you are experiencing a congested sound stage because you did not use stiff metal wire wound like a slinky that stretches the inner diameter of the pads. After that put a bottle in the pad overnight to assist the widening of the pad and the "slinky" will open up fixing the issue.

Thank you so much for this!! I will try it tonight! Maybe this is the final relief of comfort these headphones needed...

ive been able to get the diameter of a can of spray paint by stretching the pads with different circular objects

Mar 17, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #12,906 of 23,366
Quote:
yes! they are called headphone softees you can order them from b&hphotos website! they also keep you warm when its cold and cool when its warm. i have yet to break a sweat with them on, if you look back a couple of pages you can find my post that shows you how to make them fit really well and give the headphone more depth and diameter

How do you put these on?  And how do you take the pads off of the M100s?  I don't wanna mess around with it and break it lol.

Mar 17, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #12,907 of 23,366
firmly grab the headphone cup and pull on the pad it will come out. just pull hard you wont break them i promice. the mod if you do properly will change the shape of the pads though. small price to pay for amazing comfort

Mar 17, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #12,908 of 23,366
ok first you get some of this wire or wire like it
than you bend the end like so. and wind it underneath the pads like a spring

it will lay in like this

i got a lot of depth as you can see

these are lp2s however i can say without a doubt that this would work with the m100s/ also this is where i got the "velour socks" that inspired me to use the wire(http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/368310-REG/Garfield_SGARHS1_Headphone_Softie_Earpad.html)

Mar 17, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #12,910 of 23,366
Hey Val, I was wondering if you could post some pictures of your golden set the revolver. Is it possible to see some kind of sneak peak :wink:.  Plus how is the sound signature on that, is it similar to the m100's?

Mar 17, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #12,911 of 23,366
I'm trying to decide between it and the Momentum/UE6000/MDR-1R. I found the M-100 the best for portable use but I'm not sure about the genres it can handle well.

Can someone tell me if the cymbals are well present in a song like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRPIInfuSCM

Mar 17, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #12,912 of 23,366
To me it sounds awesome!! Not in youtube thought... but in high quality streaming in spotify is wonderful. You discovered me a new band. I decided to go with the M-100 for many reasons:
- They are bassy, but not that much, and they are super easy to equalize.
- Plus it comes with tons of extras: double sided plug, case, two cables, extra plates...
- They are extremely portable: ultrafoldable!

You can order them in amazon and return them if you are not satisfied. Or you can even get both and return the ones you don´t like, and tell me your preference!! ^^

Mar 17, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #12,914 of 23,366
Quote:
To me it sounds awesome!! Not in youtube thought... but in high quality streaming in spotify is wonderful. You discovered me a new band. I decided to go with the M-100 for many reasons:
- They are bassy, but not that much, and they are super easy to equalize.
- Plus it comes with tons of extras.
- They are extremely portable.

You can order them in amazon and return them if you are not satisfied. Or you can even get both and return the ones you don´t like, and tell me your preference!! ^^

Actually I can't because Amazon from here only got CD/DVDs and books to sell 
frown.gif
 and there're no stores arround here with good headphones. So I got to decide based on the reviews.

My biggest concern is that the bass be too much for me, because I don't really listen too much bassy songs. Or that they don't fit to female vocals.

I also listen to mostly pop and rock (alternative, new metal, punk rock, post-hardcore.. everything but heavy metal and indie). 

Would the M-100 still be my best pick at the price range? Or there's a better alternative for my purpose?

Mar 17, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #12,915 of 23,366
I also listen to mostly pop and rock (alternative, new metal, punk rock, post-hardcore.. everything but heavy metal and indie). 

Would the M-100 still be my best pick at the price range? Or there's a better alternative for my purpose?

I think the M-100 is a great headphone for the genres of music you like. I think you'll enjoy it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back