V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 27, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #11,896 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
Mhmm true true. I was just stating that there are more detailed headphones out there, sound signatures aside. If you like the M-100's you'll probably like the HD650's and LCD-2 in the long-run. Ironically enough, I don't like the two very much and I prefer the sound of the HD800 and SR-007, which have more of an airy, analytical sound to them....but this is all summit-fi and I won't be going in that area for a long while.
tongue_smile.gif

That doesn't sound too good. My ears get fatigued after using the SRH940 at medium volume levels on the bus, but I always thought it was because of the non-sibilant treble peaks. Maybe you should check up with a doctor if it persists for a few more days (or maybe it's because of the chest virus).

As for the Nightwish track (which isn't on their Imaginaerum album until I realised you said Imaginaerum (The Score)) yeah I hear the bass drop, but I can also hear it quite clearly on my $20 Sennheiser earphones. That sub[bass]-woofer you've got there is in need of a doctor too if it can't reproduce it. XD

Found out it can produce it, but the Youtube link doesn't reproduce it as well as when I played it on Spotify. The bass breaks up a lot more on the Youtube link.
I was using Spotify for the headphone comparison.

I'm pretty sure my PX-100 Sennheisers wouldn't have produced the bass as low and as clear as the M-100's did. I can't test it either since one side died :frowning2:

Yeah, I hope it is the chest virus, but the headphones seem to keep doing that to my left ear either way. It does really feel like it is physically closing up.
i.e muscles in the ear can close to protect you from high sounds, but seeing as I'm not listening at high enough volumes I wouldn't have thought to make this happen...
Especially as it usually happens at night whilst in bed listening, where I have the volume half of what I would have it in the day.

I just wondered if maybe the closed nature of the headphones could be causing some kind of... pressure embalance of some kind my ears aren't acustomed too, so my brain is trying to protect them.

Hope you get better soon! Ah gosh, with the flu around these days no one knows what's going to happen to you. I caught bronchitis myself...not fun. >.>

Quote:
Quote:
I had that same problem with my Matte versions. I have since ordered a white pair. I think they may not have this issue since they are not painted.

I have the white and no paint chipping issues as the hinges are not painted, plus I prefer them in white.

Yeah the white silver colour has no paint chipping for me either, if there is any paint. The earcups feel like regular 'ol plastic without paint and likewise for the metal yokes.

Jan 27, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #11,897 of 23,366
Hope you get better soon! Ah gosh, with the flu around these days no one knows what's going to happen to you. I caught bronchitis myself...not fun. >.>

My girlfriend started working at a daycare center, so through her and her kids I've been catching one thing after another, lol. Being sick DOES affect your hearing, especially head colds where you have to blow your nose and your sinuses are clogged. That changes the whole pressure system of your head. There are other things that affect your hearing ability, temporarily or permanently, too. I am not a doctor, but I highly recommend that you give your ears a break if they start hurting. Even in general listening situations while you are healthy, it's a good idea to take a break every hour or half hour. Sometimes I listen to music for 6-8 hours a day (not with V-MODAs though, that kind of marathon takes velour and the most comfortable headphones you can find), but I never listen straight through (anymore) and always take breaks.

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #11,899 of 23,366
Hey guys, just joined Head-Fi. I've been lurking this thread for a while, but finally decided to join in.  I love my matte black m100's.

Also, I'm looking to buy a boompro mic. Anyone have one from the VTF release that isn't using it?  I really want it to use with my mixamp.

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #11,901 of 23,366
Quote:
also, does V-Moda not give it cleaning cloths anymore? I remember when I bought the lp, it came with a cleaning cloth

The cleaning cloth didn't come with the M-100. I didn't know people actually use those. I still have my cleaning cloth from my 2008 MacBook that I didn't use once.
blink.gif

Jan 27, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #11,902 of 23,366
Quote:
The cleaning cloth didn't come with the M-100. I didn't know people actually use those. I still have my cleaning cloth from my 2008 MacBook that I didn't use once.
blink.gif

I'm trying to figure out what model came with a cleaning cloth 'cos nor did the M-80's had cleaning cloth.

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #11,904 of 23,366
I'm truly starting to think that the M-100, once I find a nice clean bass boosting portable amp with no background noise to replace my E11, will be the only headphones I will use for a while. I truly love the sound, and they can play any genre great. I'm currently doing homework and listening to the Tron Legacy soundtrack ripped lossless and I have to say it sounds great with these cans.

Edit: Also anyone know when the XL pads are coming out? Really want to replace the stuffed with Gauze ones!

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #11,905 of 23,366
If you find the m100's a little bass heavy and the mids too recessed for your taste, a great mod i found was if you took the ear pads out, and placed them upside down. It made the seal loosen a bit to let more bass leak to make a more balanced sound:). Make sure the earpads are secured though because it could take a little work to keep them in at first.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #11,906 of 23,366
Quote:
If you find the m100's a little bass heavy and the mids too recessed for your taste, a great mod i found was if you took the ear pads out, and placed them upside down. It made the seal loosen a bit to let more bass leak to make a more balanced sound:). Make sure the earpads are secured though because it could take a little work to keep them in at first.

Wait, how exactly did you get it to fit? I've tried putting-in the earpads "up-side down" before, only to realize they wouldn't fit in that direction. They are orientation-dependent from all of the times I've swapped out the earpads.

^ the flat part of the plastic as circled indicates the bottom of the earpad

Were the earpad to fit "up-side down", the black plastic would, again, be blocking the hole in the earcup (similar to the paper towel pieces), which is why the other side has that flat part in the plastic.
And upon further inspection, the top-most angle is wider than the bottom-most angle, so you would kind of have to force the earpad in in order to fit it "up-side down".

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #11,907 of 23,366
hello all, brief question.

how are the M-100 pads in comparison to the LP (not LP2) pads? tried the LPs and they were wonderfully comfortable.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #11,908 of 23,366
Quote:
hello all, brief question.

how are the M-100 pads in comparison to the LP (not LP2) pads? tried the LPs and they were wonderfully comfortable.

The M-100's earpads have a larger hole for your ear compared to the LP/LP2, but the M-100's foam cushioning is softer in comparison, at least for the LP/LP2 pads I have. V-MODA's website sells "LP/LP2 pads" as an accessory, so I'm not sure if there's a difference between the stock ones on the LP and the stock ones on the LP2.

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #11,909 of 23,366
has anyone had comfort issues w/ the m100 in terms of the earcups being too shallow? my friends who tried the m100 said they were super comfy, but for me I feel like I can't wear them longer than an hour or two at most. i really love the m100s, but this feels like a dealbreaker for me.

does this get better over time or is there anyway to fix this issue?

Jan 28, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #11,910 of 23,366
Quote:
has anyone had comfort issues w/ the m100 in terms of the earcups being too shallow? my friends who tried the m100 said they were super comfy, but for me I feel like I can't wear them longer than an hour or two at most. i really love the m100s, but this feels like a dealbreaker for me.

does this get better over time or is there anyway to fix this issue?

I had the same issue when I first purchased them.  Now I consider them very comfortable and forget they are on my head.  Try to give them some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back