V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 11, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #10,351 of 23,366
Hey guys, I've been reading threads on this site for some time, the information on here is awesome 
beerchug.gif

I pre-ordered the m100's and I have a little question.

My only full size headphones were the sennheiser hd 448 (which I enjoyed thoroughly for over 2 years) and I'm very curious to know how big of an upgrade I'm making here. A comparison from someone who's listened to both would be great. I don't really have any experience with higher end headphones and these m100s are taking forever to ship!

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #10,352 of 23,366
Quote:
I rather have the Bose sound system than the stock system in cheaper cars... lol, but anyway, yea it still sucks

Well that's my beef, the stock Harman Kardon from any old MB C-class sounds better than the crap Bose in my GT-R, and that REALLY pissed me off.  And if you have a cheap car it is much easier to have your head units replaced because it is less likely tied into your A/C or other MDF system unlike the higher end cars.  I can't even imagine how much trouble it will be if I have to have my audio system redone and lose all of my A/C and that nice graphic display in my car...

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #10,353 of 23,366
Quote:
Well that's my beef, the stock Harman Kardon from any old MB C-class sounds better than the crap Bose in my GT-R, and that REALLY pissed me off.  And if you have a cheap car it is much easier to have your head units replaced because it is less likely tied into your A/C or other MDF system unlike the higher end cars.  I can't even imagine how much trouble it will be if I have to have my audio system redone and lose all of my A/C and that nice graphic display in my car...

If you don't like it that much i'd be happy to take the whole car off you LOL.

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #10,356 of 23,366
Quote:
Argh. Just missed my M100 yesterday, no one home when the postman came.

My greatest fear.

Quote:
Wth! I contacted them about the same thing... no response so far,

On Monday morning I had contacted them about the same thing and David said they would ship in the next 48 hours. That evening I had got my shipping confirmation.

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #10,358 of 23,366
Got mine today and i'm loving them so far! Debating on writing a review as i'm one of the luckier ones to have these out there. Can't wait until people at school start trying to tell me how much better beats or souls are ect..... lol. 

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #10,359 of 23,366
Quote:

It can be done for about 2 g's ....hard part is finding the right sized speakers to fit in the doors without having to mod anything. (easier to find for a gtr than mine though!)  mod equals waaaay more money.  and technically you can just replace the speakers and keep the bose radio unit driving the speakers...replacing anything else outside of the speakers usually means losing access to the display and steering wheel controls. :-/  you can install a clean sweep(89 bucks) to flat line the EQ if the bose radio screws up the sound too much....

i thought about it...found everything i needed...then said blah...i'll stick with stock....i drive with the top down most times...

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #10,360 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
Val mentioned inking a deal for strategically placed listening stations.  I think this will help get the word out.  I cringe when I go to Best Buy and see headphone shoppers deciding between Beats and Souls, but I offered my opinion once and it was not well received, so I mind my business and let them learn the hard way.

Hopefully it'll be in places of accessibility, or where people will actually go to shop for headphones.
Guitar Center is a certified retailer for V-MODA products, and they do have listening stations (although the ones near my area don't have a single V-MODA product), but what average consumer goes to Guitar Center to buy headphones?

IF VAL SEES THIS!!!

The other day I went to my local high end audio shop (Bay Bloor Radio), where I purchased my first set of cans a few years ago - K514 (they were cheap, had a pretty flat response to my ears and sounded great from their amp) but I didn't like them after a few months for many reasons, portability being one, so I went through a many mid-fi IEMs before joining this forum. Well I don't have any, if much experience with headphones, so I decided to check out THE WALL again the other day, just for fun, and for some VERY enlightening experiences with high end headphones (that I all of a sudden need *HD650*)

Bay Bloor Radio (in Toronto) has a wall of headphones including three different Beats, a line of Denoons, AKG, Senns, Shures, and an entire row dedicated to Grado. I was a little disappointed there were so few brands that they carried. I was hoping to hear some Beyers or HiFiMans, and was HOPING to hear some V-Modas, but at least I finally got to hear some Beats out of curiosity, and wow was I unimpressed. A few denons were decent, but the Senns and Grados were excellent. One thing I did notice though, was that they had the beats at the most awkward bottom corner, and they had a sign for one of the Denons calling it the "Bassheads delight" or something, claiming them to be for 'urban ravers' and sounded alright, better than the Beats at least. I wish I remembered the model numbers, but the store was closing in 20 minutes and I was concentrating on a few hp's that I keep hearing about here like the entire Grado row, the Senns and Shures. ANYWAY

I think that Toronto's music scene is pretty large, and I do use the TTC a lot and only once have I seen an M-80, and once I've seen someone with Grados. Everyone else is using Beats, or cheap Sonys. At the same time, Bay Bloor Radio promotes their shop on the radio pretty well. I think the shop would be a great retailer for V-Moda to partner with in Toronto. 

Of course having them available in Best Buy or Future Shop would be preferable since it's more consumer based, and less audiophile focused than BBR, but it's an awseome place where Toronto audiophiles DO go to, to demo headphones.

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #10,361 of 23,366
Holy crap these are really hurting headphones. I like the sound so far but these cans really do hurt my ears, especially tip of the ears. 

Has anyone returned these because of this problem?

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #10,363 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
Holy crap these are really hurting headphones. I like the sound so far but these cans really do hurt my ears, especially tip of the ears. 

I was part of the first pre-release set, I had that problem, and sold them locally because of it.

Is it a clamping issue? Or do they press on your ears because the pads are too shallow? Either way, the paper towel mod deepens the cup, and straightening the headband for a few seconds is supposed to decrease clamp... supposedly.

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #10,364 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was part of the first pre-release set, I had that problem, and sold them locally because of it.

Is it a clamping issue? Or do they press on your ears because the pads are too shallow? Either way, the paper towel mod deepens the cup, and straightening the headband for a few seconds is supposed to decrease clamp... supposedly.

Yeah it reduces the clamping force.

^ watch at 18:10

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #10,365 of 23,366
I should have said 'based on reviews' instead. I only said that because I personally don't have the experience and can't base my words on others impressions. Poor choice of words on my part. I do respect the time and effort put into everyone's reviews and impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back