V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 11, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #10,336 of 23,366
Lol brought my m 100s to school today... felt really weird lol. These headphones stand out so much and ofc at schools its always people with cheap headphones and then beats users... so man so awkward xD

Dec 11, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #10,337 of 23,366
Quote:
Lol brought my m 100s to school today... felt really weird lol. These headphones stand out so much and ofc at schools its always people with cheap headphones and then beats users... so man so awkward xD

HAHa, today I saw loads of people with beats and I thought... 'losers'.
Must be awesome to have something not everyone has :)
Thats why I partly felt special using Sennheisers instead of what I saw everyone else wearing, so I'll like that very much about the V-Moda's

Dec 11, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #10,338 of 23,366
HAHa, today I saw loads of people with beats and I thought... 'losers'.
Must be awesome to have something not everyone has :)
Thats why I partly felt special using Sennheisers instead of what I saw everyone else wearing, so I'll like that very much about the V-Moda's

It's a very head turning design and people are just like woah what brand is that... then no one knows what the v-moda is lol. Also had some guy tell me "dem beats"... I mean come on.... just no :p

Dec 11, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #10,339 of 23,366
Just installed the gunmetal shields to my white M-100's. I think that gunmetal is the best matching color for these (besides stock). Not that other colorful shields look bad, but these seem to fit the whole white/silver color scheme the best.

Dec 11, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #10,340 of 23,366
Quote:
It's a very head turning design and people are just like woah what brand is that... then no one knows what the v-moda is lol. Also had some guy tell me "dem beats"... I mean come on.... just no :p

Well, at least you know what they are :p

I hate though how Beats as almost become a household name for a lot of headphones now. People seem to think everythings a 'Beat' headphone.
I'll just be happy knowing I have something different for sure. I don't like to have things everyone else has for popularity alone.

Miceblue, how does the M-100's with the LP/LP2 ear cushions compare with the M-80's in tone?
Would it make them preferable to the M-80's for most music genres with the added bass/treble response they have compared to the M-80's?
Woudl really like a more detailed report on this when you have the time :D

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #10,341 of 23,366
The thing I really hate is that people think Beats are good (scratch that.... AMAZING), just because of that terrible bass that they produce. People at my school ask to borrow other peoples' solos all the time and are like, "wow they sound great" .. kids give a face like they're in awe.

Then I'm with my M50s, V modas, or senns, and people are like... "dem beats", "what kind of beats are those?", "are they as good as beats" ( then i'm like... no sh**)..

what pisses me off the most, is that when they use my headphones, they're like. "they're pretty good" ( but nothing special look), but when they try the beats, even those horrendous solos, they look very satisfied and say good things..

Truth is... I'm like the only person in my whole school, with good cans. EVERYONE, wear or praises Beats. Best advantage is, no one ever asks to try my V-modas, and back 3 yrs, when i got into headphones, I had beats and everyone wanted to try them. Very annoying,

STILL WAITING FOR MY M100s TO BE SHIPPED -_- Who else?

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #10,342 of 23,366
Quote:
The thing I really hate is that people think Beats are good (scratch that.... AMAZING), just because of that terrible bass that they produce. People at my school ask to borrow other peoples' solos all the time and are like, "wow they sound great" .. kids give a face like they're in awe.
Then I'm with my M50s, V modas, or senns, and people are like... "dem beats", "what kind of beats are those?", "are they as good as beats" ( then i'm like... no sh**)..
what pisses me off the most, is that when they use my headphones, they're like. "they're pretty good" ( but nothing special look), but when they try the beats, even those horrendous solos, they look very satisfied and say good things..
Truth is... I'm like the only person in my whole school, with good cans. EVERYONE, wear or praises Beats. Best advantage is, no one ever asks to try my V-modas, and back 3 yrs, when i got into headphones, I had beats and everyone wanted to try them. Very annoying,
STILL WAITING FOR MY M100s TO BE SHIPPED -_- Who else?

Who case, we all know better.  Beats and Boses are totally overrated but people still think they are all that.  Too bad I got stuck with a Bose system in my car...

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #10,343 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

Well, at least you know what they are :p

I hate though how Beats as almost become a household name for a lot of headphones now. People seem to think everythings a 'Beat' headphone.
I'll just be happy knowing I have something different for sure. I don't like to have things everyone else has for popularity alone.

Miceblue, how does the M-100's with the LP/LP2 ear cushions compare with the M-80's in tone?
Would it make them preferable to the M-80's for most music genres with the added bass/treble response they have compared to the M-80's?
Woudl really like a more detailed report on this when you have the time :D

I'll try to compare them when I get the chance.
I've literally been comparing M-100 vs LP/LP2 pads all day...my fingers are totally sore from pushing in all of the "tabs" on the earpads.

The reduced bass and increased upper-treble of the LP/LP2 pads makes the M-100 more versatile for more music genres, but the treble does have some grain, so it sounds a tad bit artificial. On the other hand, I would prefer this slightly grainy more-pronounced treble to a more smooth but laid-back treble. Likewise, the bass seems a bit looser than with the M-100 pads, but I would prefer a slightly loose balanced bass to a tight and over-pronounced bass (this is a similar observation as to why I liked the MDR-V6 over the M-100 for home listening).

My playlist:

^ yes, with the LP/LP2 pads classical music sounds pretty acceptable in my opinion
piano music sounds better and more lively because of the more up-front midrange compared to the M-100 pads
likewise, Yoshida Brothers sound much better

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #10,344 of 23,366
Quote:
Who case, we all know better.  Beats and Boses are totally overrated but people still think they are all that.  Too bad I got stuck with a Bose system in my car...

Val mentioned inking a deal for strategically placed listening stations.  I think this will help get the word out.  I cringe when I go to Best Buy and see headphone shoppers deciding between Beats and Souls, but I offered my opinion once and it was not well received, so I mind my business and let them learn the hard way.

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #10,345 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

Val mentioned inking a deal for strategically placed listening stations.  I think this will help get the word out.  I cringe when I go to Best Buy and see headphone shoppers deciding between Beats and Souls, but I offered my opinion once and it was not well received, so I mind my business and let them learn the hard way.

Hopefully it'll be in places of accessibility, or where people will actually go to shop for headphones.
Guitar Center is a certified retailer for V-MODA products, and they do have listening stations (although the ones near my area don't have a single V-MODA product), but what average consumer goes to Guitar Center to buy headphones?

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #10,346 of 23,366
Hopefully it'll be in places of accessibility, or where people will actually go to shop for headphones.
Guitar Center is a certified retailer for V-MODA products, and they do have listening stations (although the ones near my area don't have a single V-MODA product), but what average consumer goes to Guitar Center to buy headphones?

I rather have the Bose car system, then the stock one that comes with cheaper cars... still terrible though, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back