V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 20, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #6,454 of 23,366
Quote:
Saw someone with LP2s with silver shields - I'm now set on the Matte Black M-100 as I know they will look gorgeous, especially with some nice silver shields to go with them.
On another note, my M-80s have been getting a lot of head time and it leaves me wondering how much of a scale the M-100 will be. With slightly bigger bass and more extended highs, it should sound pretty amazing methinks.

I'm getting the matte black too, im thinking the red shields should go nicely with the dark/tactical vibe I'm going for.
As far as the scaling between M-80 and M-100, I'm assuming just by virtue of having bigger drivers that it should have better bass and highs. That coupled with Val's determination when it comes to SQ, I don't think we have anything to worry about. Cant wait!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #6,455 of 23,366
To be more specific, I'm getting it shipped to LA, because that's where I was two months ago when I though they would be shipped. It's not possible to change the shipping address (!?) and I wanted a friend to send it abroad. Question: Would I be able to get the tax back on export (around $30)?

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #6,456 of 23,366
So, to talk more about the shipping.  First they go from factory to LA.  Then from LA to you as I was going to sign/listen to them all.  But if you want me to bypass that by a vote as my team already listened to each unit, I can get them to you a few days sooner.  BTW, we are completely sold out for a long time and every unit is going to be a scarce resource through the end of 2012 at least.

-v

PS - I just thought it would be cool that I personally verify every unit, that just shows what type of company we are...  so I vote I delay a few days and just do it contrary to normal "for profit" organizations

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #6,457 of 23,366
So, to talk more about the shipping.  First they go from factory to LA.  Then from LA to you as I was going to sign/listen to them all.  But if you want me to bypass that by a vote as my team already listened to each unit, I can get them to you a few days sooner.  BTW, we are completely sold out for a long time and every unit is going to be a scarce resource through the end of 2012 at least.

-v

PS - I just thought it would be cool that I personally verify every unit, that just shows what type of company we are...  so I vote I delay a few days and just do it contrary to normal "for profit" organizations

Dude, this is reminiscent of iPhone releases....much publicity prior to release, & at point of release, they're already sold out :).

All you need now is a store front & overnight queues prior to release date, & an opening party event at 8 am when the doors open!!

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:38 AM Post #6,458 of 23,366
Quote:

-v

I vote for a delay. A few days won't hurt so long as they're here already. Who can say that the CVO himself listened to the headphones they bought right?

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #6,459 of 23,366
Quote:
I vote for a delay. A few days won't hurt so long as they're here already. Who can say that the CVO himself listened to the headphones they bought right?

I'd want to buy one if this was the case!  But, I'll leave it up to the people.  Is there a poll here?  Or I will just do it quick in one night, but it may take two. I'll definitely have to videotape it!  My QC processes have been built over 8 years to be nearly bullet-proof, but even then, I always say "trust but verify".  Plus, it is fun for me to see our QC processes I invested in verified firsthand in our LA labs.

SIGN OFF
I personally sign off on each production batch of any V-MODA product and I listen/test to at least >= 2 units (up to 30) before I release them for shipment.  We have so much redundancy and innovative processes developed in our QC, it is mind boggling.  It'll make it's own book some day as we have learned a lot over the years about MP.  

"Ain't no upgrade button to this firm-ware" -me

-v

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #6,460 of 23,366
Quote:
Dude, this is reminiscent of iPhone releases....much publicity prior to release, & at point of release, they're already sold out :).
All you need now is a store front & overnight queues prior to release date, & an opening party event at 8 am when the doors open!!

We are opening our first store in a few weeks... 

VERTICAL.

-v

Sep 20, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #6,462 of 23,366
Quote:

This reminds me, I was waiting in line at the local CVS the other day and saw a guy come in with black LP2's with black croc skin shields. Put a huge smile on my face, seeing as how I live in a college town where it's usually nothing but  ....  at least SOME people are doing a little research.

The times, they are a changin.  Who's seen the Watchmen opening credits?  BRILLIANT.

http://www.videolog.tv/video.php?id=417824

BTW, who hear wears Ed Hardy?  

-v

Sep 20, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #6,464 of 23,366
Quote:

Since this statement implies that the road ahead isn't viewed as one fraught with excessive laboring and Mr. Kolton (V-CA) is running on a platform of personal pride, I cast my ballot for the "measure twice, cut once" approach.

Your commitment is very much appreciated, Val, and congratulations on the (impending) successful launch!  As an aside, did you ever have a chance to photograph that shield group shot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back