V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 16, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #4,591 of 23,366
I personally did what I had to... bought other headphones to keep on this "journey"/"obsession" going and will wait until excitement dies out a bit and buy a production unit cheaper through amazon (since I have unused credit there! w00t!!!!!) or used...

Still, I definitely want to read some impressions ... but with the anticipation being like it is, there's bound to be reviews/notes way too positive (new toy syndrome...)

Anyway, we'll see how all of this plays out.
Enjoy!!!!

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #4,592 of 23,366
I just bought a pair of M80s and LP2s to tide me over... Got the LPs today and they are decent. They seem unbalanced and recessed on the highs but it sounds more natural than a set of beat studios. Will see how the M80s sound shortly. 

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #4,593 of 23,366
Quote:
I just bought a pair of M80s and LP2s to tide me over... Got the LPs today and they are decent. They seem unbalanced and recessed on the highs but it sounds more natural than a set of beat studios. Will see how the M80s sound shortly. 

LP2s are supposed to be a bass-heavy phone (the M100s won't have this signature).  The M80s are more balanced overall.  

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #4,594 of 23,366
^^^
How is this still being discussed?  Val's company.  Val's product.  Val's decision to offer this opportunity to Head-Fi.  He has been and will do what he wants and I sincerely hope that everyone here respects it.

First-come, first-serve is the ideal in my opinion -- which I concede doesn't nor SHOULDN'T count for much.  I'll echo my previous sentiment that conversation in this vein are wholly counterproductive and end my contribution to the topic there.

Drop the acrimony, no matter your stance, and move on...

P.S. Off-topic, but I wouldn't exactly call Apple product launches "civil."  I'm not personally an i-fan outside of their computer operating system, but I've bore witness to multiple shouting matches and one physical altercation as a direct result of their inventory constraints.  The overvaluation of piffling (for you, scrypt!) possessions can make for abhorrent personages.

Quote:

I personally did what I had to... bought other headphones to keep on this "journey"/"obsession" going and will wait until excitement dies out a bit and buy a production unit cheaper through amazon (since I have unused credit there! w00t!!!!!) or used...

Good on ya'!  Whatever you purchased, please let us know what you think of them! 

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #4,596 of 23,366
Quote:
They are fresh out of the box (LP2s) so I know a break-in will benefit them... but the bass is almost non existent right now... would an amp help?

The LP2s are one of the bassiest cans out there. If the bass isn't apparent to you out-of-the-box, I think something might be wrong. It doesn't need amping at all - in fact, its bass quantity is about on par with the XB500.

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #4,597 of 23,366
Quote:
They are fresh out of the box (LP2s) so I know a break-in will benefit them... but the bass is almost non existent right now... would an amp help?

Break in will benefit, but you also do have to use them as well (pads need to conform to your head).  The LP2's bass seems non-existent?!  I don't think that's right XD

Quote:
^^^
How is this still being discussed?  Val's company.  Val's product.  Val's decision to offer this opportunity to Head-Fi.  He has been and will do what he wants and I sincerely hope that everyone here respects it.

First-come, first-serve is the ideal in my opinion -- which I concede doesn't nor SHOULDN'T count for much.  I'll echo my previous sentiment that conversation in this vein are wholly counterproductive and end my contribution to the topic there.

Drop the acrimony, no matter your stance, and move on...

P.S. Off-topic, but I wouldn't exactly call Apple product launches "civil."  I'm not personally an i-fan outside of their computer operating system, but I've bore witness to multiple shouting matches and one physical altercation as a direct result of their inventory constraints.  The overvaluation of piffling (for you, scrypt!) possessions can make for abhorrent personages.

Good on ya'!  Whatever you purchased, please let us know what you think of them! 

LOL.  I agree with everything you've said.  Vals choice, not ours (never was, never should be).  

Response to OT: I haven't heard too much about those iProduct releases :p  I'm sure there will be a fight or two, but it's also a crowd 100s times larger (bound to happen, not an excuse though).  I can account for shortages though (being an Apple user myself).  

Aug 16, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #4,598 of 23,366
Quote:

What is your source? LP2s are still measurably bassier than Beats Studios for example:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VModaCrossfadeLP2.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MonsterBeatsStudio.pdf

I've compared XB500 and LP2 side by side, the LP2s are very comparable in bass quantity but I'd say with ever so slightly more punch / midbass slam and ever so slightly less subbass response compared to XB500 and these are among the bassiest headphones you'll find.

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #4,601 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm sorry guys.. they are not LP2's they are the original LPs.. Big difference im sure.. 

Those are still very bassy headphones...shouldnt feel as though bass is non existent! 

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #4,603 of 23,366
I am excited about all of these V-MODA products.. my bank account is not too happy right now (actually Amazon card is now maxed out). But I felt like it would be a good idea to take advantage of the discounts they were offering at the present time. (Still going to get the M100s)

Might get me a set of the Vibratos as well for jogging / working out... anyone have good experience with those?

Aug 16, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #4,604 of 23,366
Quote:
I am excited about all of these V-MODA products.. my bank account is not too happy right now (actually Amazon card is now maxed out). But I felt like it would be a good idea to take advantage of the discounts they were offering at the present time. (Still going to get the M100s)

Might get me a set of the Vibratos as well for jogging / working out... anyone have good experience with those?

I honestly haven't seen a single person from here talking about the Vibratos before...though Val claims they're underrated around here.

Anyway, this thread is seriously getting a bit out of hand again. :p  There honestly isn't anything else to talk about until the PPU order goes live.

Aug 16, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #4,605 of 23,366
Quote:

Anyway, this thread is seriously getting a bit out of hand again. :p  There honestly isn't anything else to talk about until the PPU order goes live.

This thread has pretty much hit its limit. Once people get over the anticipation and have their HP's at hand, the talk will all funnel to an appreciation thread
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back