V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 16, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #4,561 of 23,366
This thread is like a boomerang and "who will get PPUs?" is one of the areas it returns to constantly.

It's going to be first come first serve, 100% fact, so there is no point in even discussing any methods of assigning preference.

Aug 16, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #4,563 of 23,366
Gah!, I'm sleepy again.

1- So Val with the M-100 wants to please many different types of listeners, but we still don't know many different examples of what music it will sound great with.
2 -We don't have a graph. (Not that I'm an expert)
3- Is Val tagging the M-100 as Fun or Serious headphone? Because how can you have a fun headphone and at the same time have serious headphone for serious listening. aka audiophile.

Just because I may listen to fun music, it doesn't mean I'm not serious about it.

This is gonna stir up some. I feel it. Well , I'm sorry.

I guess even if it's a private company, with a CEO that stays in touch, there's some rules they have to follow. It's about selling products after all.

Sorry,  but I just don't know what to expect from the M-100.

Ok, and again: Time for me to hit the pillow. I'm not turning my back on you all, it's just that I'm really tired now, and if I stay up, in here, it'll be another hour or two, and I shouldn't.

Ok,  thanks for understanding.

Goodnight. :)

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #4,566 of 23,366
Quote:
3- Is Val tagging the M-100 as Fun or Serious headphone? Because how can you have a fun headphone and at the same time have serious headphone for serious listening. aka audiophile.

Depends on your definition of "fun." Personally, I don't find bloated bass intruding into the midrange fun.

Some headphones have managed to walk a line between slight bass emphasis and tipped up treble, and an overall more transparent presentation. Subtle tuning for such things can be done.

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #4,567 of 23,366
Quote:
To prevent this, as I told Curly, I think that Val should 'hand-pick' the first users from head-fi to get Pre Production Units. He's had his eye on this thread for a while, so he can generally tell who has had the most interest, and who has seemed the most excited.

That is a very bad idea, in my opinion.

It would cast a major suspicion over the first set of PPU impressions that were released. People would question whether these people had some kind of ties to Val, and even disregarding that, the question of any impressions' non-biasness would be cast into doubt. I mean if "the most excited people" all got them first, then all the early impressions would be from the most excited people.

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #4,568 of 23,366
Well I'm both excited and skeptical at the same time because the LP2 left quite unimpressive impressions for the price paid but then again M100 is the modiophile series so should be better, I'm sure I'd like M80 a lot better than the LPs but I don't want an on-ear.

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #4,570 of 23,366
Quote:

That is a very bad idea, in my opinion.

It would cast a major suspicion over the first set of PPU impressions that were released. People would question whether these people had some kind of ties to Val, and even disregarding that, the question of any impressions' non-biasness would be cast into doubt. I mean if "the most excited people" all got them first, then all the early impressions would be from the most excited people.

It's a topic we keep bouncing back to, and I'm not sure why people keep bouncing back to some sort of priority system, but it seems like most people would rather the "every man for themselves" approach.

But come on now people, they're headphones. A lot of people have come in already saying that they don't post because they have nothing to contribute to the discussion, and we all know that a lot of this thread is fluff. Like this post, too. There's no need to be defensive about where you stand in the PPU line if you feel that you've made major contributions to this thread about major things like "what shade of magenta should the M-100's be" or "which person can argue with largemouthbass's hilarious trolling the best". Just go with the flow, guys.
Looks like his china-trip was successful, they look great :D

Well those are some really snazzy pics, but I don't think those are the M-100's. The case seems too tall compared to that one picture of the case that's been floating around.

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #4,571 of 23,366
It is M80, you can tell by the size of the cups & the protective case, the M100 case is smaller due to the headphones being able to fold.

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #4,572 of 23,366
I think people may be over estimating how fast the PPU's will sell out. I may be wrong, but based on how fast the HF-1 and HF-2's sold I doubt they'll sell out in a hour, it will probably be more like a couple of days.

Personally I was planning on picking up a pair when they became available but I wasn't too stressed about the idea of missing out, the production version will be available shortly after. In fact with all that's been going on in this thread I've been kind of turned off the idea of buying one of the PPU's, I'll see how I feel when they're actually announced, at this point though I'm thinking I'll just hold off, the M-80's serve the purpose I bought them for so I'm not in any particular rush, I may just wait and pick up a second hand production version.

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #4,573 of 23,366
Quote:
Personally I was planning on picking up a pair when they became available but I wasn't too stressed about the idea of missing out, the production version will be available shortly after. In fact with all that's been going on in this thread I've been kind of turned off the idea of buying one of the PPU's, I'll see how I feel when they're actually announced, at this point though I'm thinking I'll just hold off, the M-80's serve the purpose I bought them for so I'm not in any particular rush, I may just wait and pick up a second hand production version.

I agree, O Greco-Roman fiddler, but plead the flies-to-wanton-boys amendment when it comes to expressing displeasure.

Still, I'm an empiricist.  Whether or not I bite will depend on Val's offer (when he makes it) and the details of the final product and package.  

I hope Val Kolton heard us, though, about offering custom pads.  I'm far more interested in changing the pads on my M80s than the shields. V-Moda would have the market kerned if they offered leather and velour, since the M80's cups are geometrically unique.

Edit:  The only other thread I've seen on the subject is this one, which I remember finding when I first became pleather-nonplussed.

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #4,574 of 23,366
Well depending how many PPUs are available but if it's 150, 50 of each colors I'd personally guess it'll be sold out in aprox 20 hrs. I think the anticipation is larger than any other headphone so should reflect how fast they'll sell out and much faster than the Grados in comparision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back