V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 30, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #22,277 of 23,366
  Why did the audiophile with a desktop headphone amp spend $500 on a cable for his headphones? Because he had to buy one that was 5,000 meters long so he could take his headphones out for a walk! 
eek.gif

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

Ha ha, I can just imagine someone going walking through a big, crowded, bustling city with a 5,000-meter-long headphone cable dragging behind him! Walking through crowded sidewalks, busy streets, shopping malls, elevators and escalators, subways, monorails, buses, bridges, and taking a cable car across the river...with a 5,000-meter-long headphone cable trailing behind him, plugged into his desktop headphone amp at his high-rise apartment. The more one thinks about this, the funnier it gets.  
atsmile.gif

wink_face.gif

Dec 31, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #22,278 of 23,366
  Ha ha, I can just imagine someone going walking through a big, crowded, bustling city with a 5,000-meter-long headphone cable dragging behind him! Walking through crowded sidewalks, busy streets, shopping malls, elevators and escalators, subways, monorails, buses, bridges, and taking a cable car across the river...with a 5,000-meter-long headphone cable trailing behind him, plugged into his desktop headphone amp at his high-rise apartment. The more one thinks about this, the funnier it gets.  
atsmile.gif

wink_face.gif

Come to think of it, this would be a good idea for a TV commercial for the V-Moda Crossfade Wireless.

Dec 31, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #22,279 of 23,366

The Crossfade M-100 Phantom Chrome edition is legit, we made a few units special for them for Black Friday to celebrate Halo 5 franchise.

So, get them fast as they will not last much longer!  They will be a collector's item as we did not make many and the color is great. It also includes a black shield.

-V

I bought these from the Microsoft Store during black Friday (November 26 I think). I was listening to trap music on December 23rd when I stand up to switch off my room lights and sound stops coming out of the right ear cup. There is absolutely nothing I did to have caused this. The cable wasnt caught on anything, I obviously wasnt abusing a pair I saved up for months to buy and only used it when plugged into my computer. I tried to return it to the Microsoft store but disappointingly, I fall out of their 30 day grace period. 

Tried contacting VMODA on the 24th but couldnt get a hold of anyone. (Holiday period I assume which is fine). Get a hold of someone on the 28th who refers me to the online return form.
Now I'm expecting at least shipping costs will be covered for a product that fails within 2 weeks of use but that doesnt seem to be the case. I respond to the automated email asking if I'm eligible for a shipping label on the 29th and still havent received a response. Gave the toll free number a call today and still no response which I assume is because staff get newyears eve off.

Though I've read about VMODAS awesome support and people getting shipping labels it seems to be based on the luck of the draw. Im pretty disappointed considering I was going to buy another pair of vmodas for my sister as it really is a great headphone despite the issues i'm facing.

Valkolton can you please assist me or at least confirm vmoda doesnt cover cost of shipping products under warranty back universally? 

Dec 31, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #22,280 of 23,366

Come to think of it, this would be a good idea for a TV commercial for the V-Moda Crossfade Wireless.

Click here to read the detailed plot outline of this commercial idea. It'd make a nice Super Bowl ad if V-Moda had the money for it! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #22,281 of 23,366
I bought these from the Microsoft Store during black Friday (November 26 I think). I was listening to trap music on December 23rd when I stand up to switch off my room lights and sound stops coming out of the right ear cup. There is absolutely nothing I did to have caused this. The cable wasnt caught on anything, I obviously wasnt abusing a pair I saved up for months to buy and only used it when plugged into my computer. I tried to return it to the Microsoft store but disappointingly, I fall out of their 30 day grace period. 

Tried contacting VMODA on the 24th but couldnt get a hold of anyone. (Holiday period I assume which is fine). Get a hold of someone on the 28th who refers me to the online return form.
Now I'm expecting at least shipping costs will be covered for a product that fails within 2 weeks of use but that doesnt seem to be the case. I respond to the automated email asking if I'm eligible for a shipping label on the 29th and still havent received a response. Gave the toll free number a call today and still no response which I assume is because staff get newyears eve off.

Though I've read about VMODAS awesome support and people getting shipping labels it seems to be based on the luck of the draw. Im pretty disappointed considering I was going to buy another pair of vmodas for my sister as it really is a great headphone despite the issues i'm facing.

Valkolton can you please assist me or at least confirm vmoda doesnt cover cost of shipping products under warranty back universally? 
can you post some pictures of what has happened?

Dec 31, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #22,283 of 23,366
Ahhhhhh OK so they have a short in them somewhere. Well that does suck. I had that happen to a pair of IEMs the other day. They had not been used for weeks and suddenly the right side was just dead.

Good luck on getting them replaced. Hopefully Vmoda can be accommodating. But my experience is that most warranty claims do end up costing shipping one way with 95% of the companies out there so is not a knock against Vmoda if they don't cover that in my opinion. But wait and see what Val says as he is the MAN whereas I am just a man :wink:.

Dec 31, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #22,285 of 23,366
Electronics have what I call an infant mortality rate. They generally don't break easily but if they do it usually happens quickly because of a defect in manufacturing. In this case it is likely a cold solder joint.

Dec 31, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #22,286 of 23,366
Do you have another mini-to-mini cable you could try in place of the stock cable to see if it isn't just that?

Dec 31, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #22,287 of 23,366
He should have 2 cables that came with headphone to do that test.

Dec 31, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #22,288 of 23,366
I've switched out cables with and without the vmoda mic and there still isnt sound. Ive switched which side the audio cable plugs into and still no sound. Ive switched the cable itself and still no sound. Ive switched audio sources from my computer to my phone and still no sound. 

Dec 31, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #22,289 of 23,366
I've switched out cables with and without the vmoda mic and there still isnt sound. Ive switched which side the audio cable plugs into and still no sound. Ive switched the cable itself and still no sound. Ive switched audio sources from my computer to my phone and still no sound. 

In that case, you're just an unfortunate victim of a factory error. It's a good thing you commented on this thread, you should get some priority over others.

Jan 2, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #22,290 of 23,366
Am I hallucinating about Chrome version of the M-100 being sonically different from the earlier M-100s?
Why does the sound separation and trebles seem more pronounced out of the box than my old matte black? 

Am I just hit with the placebo effect? I have changed precisely nothing with my setup.

PC -> USB -> Creative E5 -> M-100 with XL pads
PC -> Coax -> Fiio E17 -> M-100 with XL pads

Edit:
KenyanRunna, I think that you should get a warranty call if you can't get sound in a single cup for any reason. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back