V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 26, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #21,347 of 23,366
The right driver on my M-100 went out last Wednesday, and the package I sent to them for warranty just arrived today. I originally purchased my M-100 on 1/13/2013 so I am just barely over the two year warranty, but I'm hoping that maybe they will go over and beyond with their so called 6 star service. Really hoping that I do not have to repurchase my M-100.

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #21,348 of 23,366
The right driver on my M-100 went out last Wednesday, and the package I sent to them for warranty just arrived today. I originally purchased my M-100 on 1/13/2013 so I am just barely over the two year warranty, but I'm hoping that maybe they will go over and beyond with their so called 6 star service. Really hoping that I do not have to repurchase my M-100.

Hopefully that's right, I actually pondered getting a back up because the M100s sound awesome with DX90!

Jan 27, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #21,350 of 23,366
where did you get those specs for the beats pro 0.0... as far as i know beats doesn't post any specifications for their headphones/ earphones....

Innerfidelity. Tyll is very reliable with his measurements.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MonsterBeatsPro.pdf

Just so you know the driver will not blow before damage occurs, far from it. Then again they say ignorance is bliss. Good luck.

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #21,351 of 23,366

Considering that Grado, Sennheiser and possibly other manufaturers will repair their broken, no-warranty headphones, I do hope that VMODA will do the same. I've always considered this to be the main difference between audiophile headphones and gaming headphones (my gaming ones are Sennheiser). It will be a shame if I had to throw away any headphones.

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #21,352 of 23,366

Wishing you luck with that out of warranty repair.  Hope you don't have to buy a new one at 1/2 price with that V-MODA Immortal Life Program.V-MODA Immortal Life ProgramV-MODA Immortal Life Program

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #21,353 of 23,366
  if anything the headphones drivers will short out before your hearing =) 

With the Beyerdynamic DT1350 specified with 129dB SPL max I have to dispute that statement... even 100dB sustained are doing damage rather fast. So a word of caution is  justified...

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #21,354 of 23,366

With the Beyerdynamic DT1350 specified with 129dB SPL max I have to dispute that statement... even 100dB sustained are doing damage rather fast. So a word of caution is  justified...

+1

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #21,355 of 23,366
Innerfidelity. Tyll is very reliable with his measurements.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MonsterBeatsPro.pdf

Just so you know the driver will not blow before damage occurs, far from it. Then again they say ignorance is bliss. Good luck.

i'm disputing what your saying fellas, just maybe we shouldn't jump over him =0. can't have new head-fiers here if they ask a simple question, only to be nagged for a few posts before he gets an answer 

i totally know what you mean though, my brother blasts his music (literally 100%) on his s3, everytime he's trying my earphones.  and said my vsd3s, and my gr07be was tinny....and i'm like... you really don't need to turn it up that high.. of course it's tinny.. but he doesn't listen.... what can you do?

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #21,356 of 23,366
The m100s are very efficient. If you're plugging back and forth to listen to volume differences be sure to check the volume right after you switch to the m100s without moving it. I've seen in this thread that the in line mic cable prompts macs into resetting the volume when it's plugged in turning it down some.

Seriously max volume on everything I've plugged them into is eardrum rupturing loud on average and still as much as I can handle on quieter recordings.

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #21,357 of 23,366

i'm disputing what your saying fellas, just maybe we shouldn't jump over him =0. can't have new head-fiers here if they ask a simple question, only to be nagged for a few posts before he gets an answer 

Yes, that would be preferable of course. In this case an answer + a note regarding volume might have been better than only the latter + discussion about that point.

Jan 27, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #21,359 of 23,366

i totally know what you mean though, my brother blasts his music (literally 100%) on his s3, everytime he's trying my earphones.  and said my vsd3s, and my gr07be was tinny....and i'm like... you really don't need to turn it up that high.. of course it's tinny.. but he doesn't listen.... what can you do?

Based on the Degree of Responsibility by Darley and Latané, I tend to wait until someone has a better answer than mine. Which is usually 24 hours, then I answer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back