V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 3, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #21,376 of 23,366
Any alternatives to V-Moda's 1/8" to 1/4" Plug Adapter V2? Not sure if mine is defective, but it outputs a mono signal if I plug the headphone cable all the way in it, so have to find just the right position for the stereo sound. Got a standard 1/8 to 1/4 adapter but its not compatible since V-Moda's cable jack is 4 pole.

Which cable are you using? Do you have more than one to test with?

I have the V-MODA Audio Only Cable and it works fine with V-MODA's adapter. Then again, my adapter is the one included with the Crossfade LP. You could always get a cheap adapter from anywhere that is still compatible.

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #21,377 of 23,366
Any alternatives to V-Moda's 1/8" to 1/4" Plug Adapter V2? Not sure if mine is defective, but it outputs a mono signal if I plug the headphone cable all the way in it, so have to find just the right position for the stereo sound. Got a standard 1/8 to 1/4 adapter but its not compatible since V-Moda's cable jack is 4 pole.

Which cable are you using? Do you have more than one to test with?

I have the V-MODA Audio Only Cable and it works fine with V-MODA's adapter. Then again, my adapter is the one included with the Crossfade LP. You could always get a cheap adapter from anywhere that is still compatible.

I'm using one of the V-MODA cables that comes with M100 (the one without extension for the second headphone) and the included adapter. I guess I can get a new cable, but it probably would something like Livewire 3.5mm TRS-Stereo cable so I can avoid using an adapter and just plug it directly in my amp (and get a more "pure" pathway without volume buttons in between).

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #21,378 of 23,366
I'm using one of the V-MODA cables that comes with M100 (the one without extension for the second headphone) and the included adapter. I guess I can get a new cable, but it probably would something like Livewire 3.5mm TRS-Stereo cable so I can avoid using an adapter and just plug it directly in my amp (and get a more "pure" pathway without volume buttons in between).

Sounds like something is defective. The included accessories should work just fine.

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #21,380 of 23,366
Just make sure that everything are clicked ALL THE WAY IN.

That's the problem, if I do that on the V-MODA 1/8" TO 1/4" Adapter V2, I get a mono sound. Have to pull the headphone cable a little back from the adapter to get stereo sound. No such problems when I connect M100s directly to my smartphone and AV receiver. Hence why it looks like a faulty adapter to me. Oh well, still very happy with the M100s, nice "fun" alternative sound to HD800s.

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #21,381 of 23,366
Then yeah, it happens sometimes when the adapter's dimension is slightly out of spec.

Feb 3, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #21,382 of 23,366
That's the problem, if I do that on the V-MODA 1/8" TO 1/4" Adapter V2, I get a mono sound. Have to pull the headphone cable a little back from the adapter to get stereo sound. No such problems when I connect M100s directly to my smartphone and AV receiver. Hence why it looks like a faulty adapter to me. Oh well, still very happy with the M100s, nice "fun" alternative sound to HD800s.

It's defective. Just contact V-MODA and tell them what's up if it's fairly new.

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #21,383 of 23,366
  I got to use my M-100 in this web series I did. Yes, I am aware that this is shameless self-promotion.
biggrin.gif

/img/vimeo_logo.png 

LOL, this is great. They're all good actors.

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #21,384 of 23,366

Try flipping the cable around. Put the mic end with the adapter

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #21,386 of 23,366

contact v-moda 6 star customer support & they should replace it for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back