V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 9, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #21,392 of 23,366
I got a pair of these, but I got a I would say cosmetical issue with them that one of the screw holds on the left side cuff is shattered so it is not sealing. (he piece with the metal plate on it where it says V-Moda)

Been arguing with their support about this.. Well argue would be putting it, as they are quite unreasonable, they insist I send them the heaphones from Sweden which I think sounds like utter rubbish... As it would be at least 7 weeks before I see them again if I do so, and the plate fills no function apart from some cosmetical protection from what I can see. 

From what I see it is a fix of you have to replace the plate, and they should just send me the plate and I can swap it out, but their mail support insist it is more work, and when I asked them to specify they simply stopped responding..

I am not sure what I think about V-moda's so called gold star customer support atm,

But anyone got any good suggestions what to do about this? I know I could just grab some glue and seal it from the inside (probs) but not sure i want to go there might mess something up. And I am at a loss what to do with V-moda's support as they just refuse to answer simple questions

Feb 9, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #21,393 of 23,366
I'm interested in upgrading from my Sennheiser 380 pro's, but I would like to know how the sound isolation is on this headphones. Something I really like about my 380's is that I can crank up the volume at work and it doesn't leak one bit. Many things make me consider the M-100 as a new pair, but my biggest gripe with them right now are 2 things:

How does the sound isolation compare to the 380's or the Momentums?

Is it really common for the plastic to crack? I've been seeing a lot of images and comments about this. These things look like they are built like tanks, it would be a shame if they broke so easily. I take very good care of my stuff btw.

Hopefully someone can help me out, I'm really debating between these and the Momentums and the choice is tough. Thanks!

Feb 9, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #21,395 of 23,366

I'm interested in upgrading from my Sennheiser 380 pro's, but I would like to know how the sound isolation is on this headphones. Something I really like about my 380's is that I can crank up the volume at work and it doesn't leak one bit. Many things make me consider the M-100 as a new pair, but my biggest gripe with them right now are 2 things:

How does the sound isolation compare to the 380's or the Momentums?

Is it really common for the plastic to crack? I've been seeing a lot of images and comments about this. These things look like they are built like tanks, it would be a shame if they broke so easily. I take very good care of my stuff btw.

Hopefully someone can help me out, I'm really debating between these and the Momentums and the choice is tough. Thanks!

The cracking is a small problem that affects a very small percentage of users. It seems like there are a lot of complaints about it, but that's because everyone with the problem complains here. I'd be surprised if you added together everyone and got a number higher than 25.

As for isolation, they aren't as good as the 380 and they will leak at louder volumes.

Feb 10, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #21,396 of 23,366
The cracking is a small problem that affects a very small percentage of users. It seems like there are a lot of complaints about it, but that's because everyone with the problem complains here. I'd be surprised if you added together everyone and got a number higher than 25.

I think I have to disagree with this, I've taken the utmost care of my M-100 for over two years and yet I still have tiny cracks in the wing plates, around the screws. I've never switched out the shields, and the most stressful thing I have ever done is I switched earpads. Whereas my girlfriend's crossfade LP,which she has had for the same amount of time, has multiple cracks around the wing plates, and a large crack on the right earcup above the shields. She does not seem to mind the cracks, and is not the of person to go out and write a review on a product. I am sure that there are many more undocumented cases like this.

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #21,397 of 23,366
I suppose there's no such thing as a bargain, what you gain in audio quality you lose in build quality. Was seriously considering the M100 but came upon this :frowning2:

Do the cracks affect the sound?

Feb 10, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #21,398 of 23,366

i'm disputing what your saying fellas, just maybe we shouldn't jump over him =0. can't have new head-fiers here if they ask a simple question, only to be nagged for a few posts before he gets an answer

If a friend is about to risk losing their hearing to satisfy an unimportant craving, then explaining why they shouldn't means showing compassion, not failing to be supportive. 

Offering ways to boost output to damaging levels isn't helping that poster at all.  It's like prescribing an aphrodisiac that will destroy their sex drive permanently over time. 

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #21,400 of 23,366
I've dropped my M-100 onto concrete, wood floors, marble tiles, and walked through torrential downpours and snow storms with them on multiple times. After 2 years the only damage I have is a few scratches here and there. The worse deterioration is the material on the headband which has started to crack and peel off. I now use the included case every time I stuff them into a bag. Besides the headband, which I damaged by having then bounce around with other gear, either I'm part of the lucky 1% that didn't get cracks despite my semi abusive usage or I'm one of the many thousands who got them, didn't have an issue and had nothing to complain about.

I bought V-MODA headphones because of their durability and neither of my 3 pairs have let me down. I'd hate to think I'm the only person that actually received the product advertised on the box. It's funny how a few anecdotes about cracks can deter people when a nationwide news story about bendable iPhones did almost nothing to halt iPhone sales. Do things on the internet get overblown? Ebola anyone?

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #21,401 of 23,366
Are the parts of the headphone that are prone to cracking replaceable?

The only replaceable parts are the the ear cushions, shields and audio cable.

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #21,402 of 23,366
  I think I have to disagree with this, I've taken the utmost care of my M-100 for over two years and yet I still have tiny cracks in the wing plates, around the screws. I've never switched out the shields, and the most stressful thing I have ever done is I switched earpads. Whereas my girlfriend's crossfade LP,which she has had for the same amount of time, has multiple cracks around the wing plates, and a large crack on the right earcup above the shields. She does not seem to mind the cracks, and is not the of person to go out and write a review on a product. I am sure that there are many more undocumented cases like this.

Oh, we're talking about cracks now? My Crossfade LP was traded used but like new. After a few days of owning it, I noticed a small crack, but you don't even see it unless you look closely, and it doesn't interfere in any way. Unfortunately, as I've said before, the LP has too much bass quantity and not enough quality, making everything except the upper treble sound muddy sometimes. However, it has either burnt-in a bit or I've gotten used to it, because it sounds much better than when I first got it.

Feb 10, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #21,403 of 23,366
Hey Guys, just got my pair from Amazon Germany and I love the build quality alot but why is there a distinct lack of bass?

I am running from my iPad and iPhone 6 plus with no EQ settings and PC with V shaped EQ and there is hardly any bass. Even my Sennheiser IE80s and PX100IIs have more bass than this. Weren't these supposed to be basshead cans?

I tried a bass test on you tube and there is definitely low frequency sound, but not the bass punch I was expecting after everything I've read on here. 

Did I get a dud copy? Should I return this for another set or go look for something else?

Edit: After further listening, no improvement ): damn it I really wanted to like this., Some songs I'm hearing more treble than bass and songs are clear and bright which sin't supposed to happen!

Does this pair require significant Burn in?

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #21,404 of 23,366
  Hey Guys, just got my pair from Amazon Germany and I love the build quality alot but why is there a distinct lack of bass?

I am running from my iPad and iPhone 6 plus with no EQ settings and PC with V shaped EQ and there is hardly any bass. Even my Sennheiser IE80s and PX100IIs have more bass than this. Weren't these supposed to be basshead cans?

I tried a bass test on you tube and there is definitely low frequency sound, but not the bass punch I was expecting after everything I've read on here. 

Did I get a dud copy? Should I return this for another set or go look for something else?

Edit: After further listening, no improvement ): damn it I really wanted to like this., Some songs I'm hearing more treble than bass and songs are clear and bright which sin't supposed to happen!

Does this pair require significant Burn in?

The M-100 has more of an audiophile tuning than their other models, but still with boosted bass and treble. However, even the bass-heavy ones (such as the LP, which I own) don't have a lot of punch; it's just a lot of bass quantity without the bass qualities you find in some higher-end headphones. Some say V-MODAs need a lot of burn-in, but I dunno. Sometimes it's hard to tell whether the headphone is being burnt-in or you're just getting used to it. My advise is to keep it for at least another week or two and see if it gets better; if not, you can always return it or have it examined. It's supposed to have a good amount of bass.

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #21,405 of 23,366

The M-100 has more of an audiophile tuning than their other models, but still with boosted bass and treble. However, even the bass-heavy ones (such as the LP, which I own) don't have a lot of punch; it's just a lot of bass quantity without the bass qualities you find in some higher-end headphones. Some say V-MODAs need a lot of burn-in, but I dunno. Sometimes it's hard to tell whether the headphone is being burnt-in or you're just getting used to it. My advise is to keep it for at least another week or two and see if it gets better; if not, you can always return it or have it examined. It's supposed to have a good amount of bass.

Okay thanks I see. it's just that these sound like my old Sennheiser 598s which i returned because of the lack of bass. I didn't have that problem out of the box with my beyerdynamic dt 770 8O ohm that I replaced it with. 

So tempted to just spring for some Beats..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back