V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 25, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #18,241 of 23,366
  So are the M-100s actually pretty good for gaming with Razer Surround? Or just sub-par?

Also, how does music sound with Razer Surround?  Or is it easy to switch it on and off?

I don't use it often but it is pretty good and it's free, plus I think it only comes on during games so it will not affect musics.  If you really want to, then get the AudioQuest DragonFly for anything else.

p.s. you can try Razer Surround now and judge for yourself.

Jan 26, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #18,242 of 23,366
Cruhx,

I can't say about Razer Surround; I've never used it.

What I can say is that I didn't like M-100 out of the box for gaming. Speech tends to get lost behind background music and sound effects. It's one of the reasons why I started mucking about with bass port modifications. M-100 becomes a magnificent gaming headphone once you get the bass response balanced where you like it whether by modification or by equalization. Bass goes all the way down to 20Hz with a nice bit of rumble at the low end even with tape on the bass ports. Clean and clear up to at least 16kHz; I can't hear anything higher than that so I can't say what's above it. Detailed enough to pick up pretty much everything a game's sound designers put in it and sometimes their mistakes as well. And it's remarkably comfortable with pads that fit; I can wear mine for hours at a time without discomfort.

The BoomPro mic is well-regarded and is an inexpensive upgrade for a really good set of headphones. I plan to get one myself in the near future.

Jan 26, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #18,243 of 23,366
  So are the M-100s actually pretty good for gaming with Razer Surround? Or just sub-par?

Also, how does music sound with Razer Surround?  Or is it easy to switch it on and off?

i actually would recommend just using whatever audio drivers you computer is supposed to use with all extra features turned off. the extra sound processing/enhancements actually cause slight subtle audio distortions that I could hear with my HE-400s. 

Jan 26, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #18,245 of 23,366
Don't have a M100 but prefer the cable on left side as that's where I keep my stuff on the comp desk.

Jan 26, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #18,252 of 23,366
I switch.  If I'm out and about, it's on the right because that's where my phone is.  If I'm at home listening through my MacBook or PC...it's on the left because that's where the headphone jacks are!  That's the beauty of being able to go back and forth if I need to.

Jan 26, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #18,253 of 23,366
See that would be ok, but I tried contacting them this past Wednesday and have sent in 4 or 5 requests and still haven't heard back from them.

SIX STAR STRATEGY

WE HAVE A 1.5% DEFECT + RETURN on our financial statement and this is counting wholesale sales, so its under 1% of sales.  This is UNHEARD OF. We are a family company so we don't disclose many numbers, but I am so proud of this I had to expose this one number. 

PS I am adding and expanding our SIX STAR service team globally not only in our LA office but in Europe and Asia.  One of our 2 main team members of five years in LA had a baby so she is on maternity leave but our other anchors are on top of it and actively search forums/social media for problems that we do not know of!  #HUMANFACTOR

We will make our service better than ever soon we are expanding to cover 24/7 0-3 hr response times and I am even creating a Skype and maybe even Whatsapp for service.

Word of mouth is our marketing, we literally have ZERO employees dedicated to marketing - it is me and Joe to this very day.  So, my theory is product + service and word of mouth is our marketing baked right in from the design stage.  Other brands use what is called a "marketing needs analysis" where they determine the market how to reach, what celebrity to hire, who to pay for product placement, bla bla bla. Then they REV and make HD versions, etc to meet retailer timelines. It is gross and FUGAZI.  We fired all those employees we had from the big brands years ago.

We make products for the people based on real life needs of like-minded passionate audiophiles and musicians, and we don't release it until its perfect. Our first product, is nearly 10 YEARS IN DEVELOPMENT IN FACT! 

XS was supposed to launch in October but I decided to focus on the sound for 3 more revisions.  Just like the XL cushions, we cannot rush any V-MODA product because quality over the long term is our virtue.

QUALITY VS QUARTERLY EARNINGS is what I call it, since we have no investors and the only number I look at is your reviews and feedback. 

Thanks for your continued support, all your feedback is baked into all the future products 1-3 years from now.  I guarantee it!

Cheers,

-v

ANALOG. I live near the Duomo and our design studios are next to a castle that Da Vinci helped engineer... We are on a mission to build the first timeless brand that is all about getting sound back to the pure analog age while preventing hearing loss so we can enjoy it for a lifetime.  I have dedicated my LIFE for this mission and I hope you enjoy the journey of our products!

Jan 26, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #18,254 of 23,366
  FULL UPDATE TO EVERYBODY COMING TOMORROW... LOOK OUT!

QUICK QUESTION - what side do you plug cable into?  A future model has a strange feature so I need to know...

Cheers,

Val

So your time limit is up :wink:. What's this full update eh 
L3000.gif
??

Personally for me I plug left but I'm also a leftie (i.e. microphone cables, etc.).

Jan 26, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #18,255 of 23,366
So your time limit is up :wink:. What's this full update eh :L3000: ??

Personally for me I plug left but I'm also a leftie (i.e. microphone cables, etc.).

Hi anakchan! I know you've been a part of the fiio X5 tour right? How was the m100 goes with the X5? Will the X5 stand alone and boost the best out of the m100 or any suggestion like add an amp? Planning to get an X5 and marry it to my m100s but I want the best out of it.. Hope you can give me feedback and suggestions.. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back