V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Jul 21, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #1,846 of 2,828
Quote:
Thanks Tinyman,

I didn't know such a product exists. Do you think there's any loss in audio quality of the headphones when using it? Was wondering if the splitter seperates the audio for the mic and headphone properly. I'm also trying to find a good way to use my exisiting headphones with a zalman mic on the PS3 when gaming... some ppl mentioned  usb sound card for the PS 3... any idea which are good for the ps3?

thx again

These adapters will rarely ever change sound.  It can only do it if there is an added impedance change.  The resistance on most cables is negligent, especially on something so short.  As for them not splitting correctly, MEE has an adapter that will swap the poles so it will.  Don't purchase this adapter until you've tested your splitter.

As for the Playstation 3, there are also USB splitters too.  This will require that adapter as well as the one mentioned above :)  

I know of two of these right now that are relatively cheap, the first is made by Logitech: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-3-5mm-Jack-Audio-Adapter/dp/B0058P0I2C
The second (and third) is generic: http://www.amazon.com/Syba-SD-CM-UAUD-Adapter-C-Media-Chipset/dp/B001MSS6CS/ref=pd_bxgy_pc_img_b

http://www.amazon.com/Virtual-5-1-surround-External-Sound-Card/dp/B000N35A0Y/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_b

There are two generic ones.  These USB adapters can change sound however has they may or may not have their own little sound card in them.  I haven't tested any of the above with a PS3, so there is no guarantees it'll work.

Jul 21, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #1,847 of 2,828
Quote:
Thanks Tinyman,

I didn't know such a product exists. Do you think there's any loss in audio quality of the headphones when using it? Was wondering if the splitter seperates the audio for the mic and headphone properly. I'm also trying to find a good way to use my exisiting headphones with a zalman mic on the PS3 when gaming... some ppl mentioned  usb sound card for the PS 3... any idea which are good for the ps3?

thx again

http://v-moda.com/voip-adapter/

Here's the adapter V-Moda sells.  A good way to get a mic to work with your PS3 is to get something like the Astro Mixamp.  Not sure if anything else would work quite as well...

Jul 21, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #1,848 of 2,828
Quote:
Hey guys. I've been researching for weeks and saving up for a portable, durable, high-end (relatively speaking), great sounding, great looking and considerably affordable supraaural headphones. From what I've gathered, V Moda M-80 seems to fit the bill. But due to my other interests, which also cost money, I can only afford around $140-150 for this. I've seen the M-80 sell for $137 in a used-like new condition from the Amazon warehouse deals, and I'm thinking of buying that already but can't because I'm having some apprehensions. 

That being said, I'm going to my main question: Has anyone of you bought a used M-80, or any used thing for that matter, from Amazon? Was it really still in the condition that they claim it to be? In other words, is the quality of the things Amazon warehouse deals sell dependable?

I hope someone can give their experience regarding this 'cause I'm itchin' to own my first audiophile(like?) headphone.

I'm from the Philippines and it's my first time buying from Amazon that's why I'm kind of on the fence about buying it.

Anyone?

Jul 21, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #1,849 of 2,828
Quote:

A link may help. As far as I know, Amazon themselves doesn't sell anything 2nd hand. They're merely a portal for someone else (or some other business) to sell 2nd hand - in other words, Amazon isn't liable for the quality of the product, etc.

If Amazon has started selling 2nd hand themselves, that's new to me.

Jul 21, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #1,851 of 2,828
Quote:
Hey guys. I've been researching for weeks and saving up for a portable, durable, high-end (relatively speaking), great sounding, great looking and considerably affordable supraaural headphones. From what I've gathered, V Moda M-80 seems to fit the bill. But due to my other interests, which also cost money, I can only afford around $140-150 for this. I've seen the M-80 sell for $137 in a used-like new condition from the Amazon warehouse deals, and I'm thinking of buying that already but can't because I'm having some apprehensions. 

That being said, I'm going to my main question: Has anyone of you bought a used M-80, or any used thing for that matter, from Amazon? Was it really still in the condition that they claim it to be? In other words, is the quality of the things Amazon warehouse deals sell dependable?

I hope someone can give their experience regarding this 'cause I'm itchin' to own my first audiophile(like?) headphone.

I'm from the Philippines and it's my first time buying from Amazon that's why I'm kind of on the fence about buying it.

I bought a used v-80 in "very good" condition from amazon. It looked pretty much brand new.

Jul 21, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #1,852 of 2,828
Quote:

I bought a used v-80 in "very good" condition from amazon. It looked pretty much brand new.

Quote:
A link may help. As far as I know, Amazon themselves doesn't sell anything 2nd hand. They're merely a portal for someone else (or some other business) to sell 2nd hand - in other words, Amazon isn't liable for the quality of the product, etc.

If Amazon has started selling 2nd hand themselves, that's new to me.

Quote:
Amazon sells used items through their Amazon Warehouse site.  I've purchased several things that way and have had excellent results.  And even if you have an issue they'll take care of it.

Thanks for all the inputs, guys, it really helps me in making my decision.

Jul 22, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #1,855 of 2,828
Jul 22, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #1,856 of 2,828
I just opened my pair of M-80s, and after about 20 minutes I plugged the headphone wire out of the headphone (properly not by the cable itself) then put it back in, and now my left driver is broken too... And I really didn't like the way the M-80s fit and felt on my head (even though I didn't give them the recommended time to adjust to my head).  After I send them back, I might just get myself a pair of amperiors...

Jul 22, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #1,857 of 2,828
Quote:

EDIT:  Oh nevermind I'm a little disappointed I thought all new shields got free engravings.  The offer only applies to people buying a new M-80.  I already have an M-80.  Man I was ready to buy some shields tonight.
I also remember Val saying that the M-80 would get all the same colors as the LP/M-100s but I'm seeing a few differences on the pages.  Maybe they're just not fully updated yet?

Jul 22, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #1,858 of 2,828
Quote:
I just opened my pair of M-80s, and after about 20 minutes I plugged the headphone wire out of the headphone (properly not by the cable itself) then put it back in, and now my left driver is broken too... And I really didn't like the way the M-80s fit and felt on my head (even though I didn't give them the recommended time to adjust to my head).  After I send them back, I might just get myself a pair of amperiors...

That was a quick decision. They hurt my head too at first. Gave me mad headaches. After they adjust they are more comfortable and all around better due to an improved seal.

Anyone use these with a Mix Amp? I'm thinking about switching out my Turtle Beach X31 for a Mix Amp and using the M-80s with it. Any mic recommendations? I'm not looking to mod my M-80s gaming only, I'm just looking for like a clip on mic that works well.

Also can I buy a 3 button speakeasy cable? If so I'll use that as the mic with a voip adapter.

Jul 26, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #1,859 of 2,828
Quote:
That was a quick decision. They hurt my head too at first. Gave me mad headaches. After they adjust they are more comfortable and all around better due to an improved seal.

Anyone use these with a Mix Amp? I'm thinking about switching out my Turtle Beach X31 for a Mix Amp and using the M-80s with it. Any mic recommendations? I'm not looking to mod my M-80s gaming only, I'm just looking for like a clip on mic that works well.

Also can I buy a 3 button speakeasy cable? If so I'll use that as the mic with a voip adapter.

3 button speakeasy is on site now!!!  

in black and grey...

http://v-moda.com/3-button-speakeasy-cable-replacement/

BLACK

1-buttons in red/black and black  

http://v-moda.com/1-button-speakeasy-cable/

Jul 26, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #1,860 of 2,828
Quote:
How do you know the driver is defective?

Anyway, I believe V-Moda will simply sell you a replacement pair at half-price?  I don't think they do repairs.

if you have a problem we replace fix immediately... but we have few problems, but if you DO we need to see it.  and we'll throw in something for the trouble.

SIX STAR SERVICE IS OUR VIRTUES

Users who are viewing this thread

Back