V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Jan 25, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #916 of 2,828

Quote:
wow....that is a pretty overwhelming response for Sansa Clip+ in such a short period of time. Is its sound quality really that good?

Hands down.
http://reviews.cnet.com/2722-6490_7-795.html

Jan 25, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #917 of 2,828

Quote:
I must be misunderstanding something. Why not buy the 4 gig for $20 less and just buy a 32GB microSD card? Or even the 2 gig..What's the benefit of having the 8 gig?

I was just saying I saw them at Costco, nothing more. I will leave it up to the person to decide what size they want. Heck I still have over 1gb left on mine.

Jan 25, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #918 of 2,828

Quote:
I was just saying I saw them at Costco, nothing more. I will leave it up to the person to decide what size they want. Heck I still have over 1gb left on mine.

I know, I just wondering what's the benefit of having 8 gigs of internal memory? I'm ordering the Clip+ this week. I want to get the 8 gig, but they only come in black and I want a white one lol. I guess I'm going with a 4 gig plus a 16 gig microSD card since I have only 6 gigs of music.

Jan 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #919 of 2,828

Quote:
I know, I just wondering what's the benefit of having 8 gigs of internal memory? I'm ordering the Clip+ this week. I want to get the 8 gig, but they only come in black and I want a white one lol. I guess I'm going with a 4 gig plus a 16 gig microSD card since I have only 6 gigs of music.

Well some people really do need the most total memory they can get. I am not one of them. I only have 200+ songs in 320kbps, if they were all FLAC then I would def need more.

Jan 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #920 of 2,828
I would suggest higher bit rate as a first priority, preferably FLAC but at least 320. That will make more difference in sound than what player you use. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #922 of 2,828

So Val.. what's your target market?  Beat the 'Beats' or produce an audiophile grade headphone at a great price?  I'll take an M-100 with better SQ, same signature even if it requires some sort of amp.
What class of amp are you looking at? FiiO E10 or E17 or something in the Schiit line.  For the general HeadFi community, if they sound great out of a reasonable amp, you probably have a winner.  Keep the SQ path and develop another Beats killer.  Can't have both.

My 2 cents worth.
Quote:

The only problem now is that the bigger driver requires an amp to surpass M-80, unamped it's SQ is < M-80.  What to do?!  Lock or try again w a new driver that can beat M-80 with an iPhone 4S?  Or go for diff sound signature.  I'm stuck in my head analyzing what will make the greater sound for the greatest amount of people, it depends who is buying it!

If anybody wants to test I can organize something soon in LA to get feedback and then I can lock.
-v

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #923 of 2,828

We're getting a little OT somewhat?

Back on topic, I'd agree with robm321. I've tried the M-80 with a couple of different DAC/Amps (HP-P1, CLAS/PicoSlim, Go-DAP 4.0) and the difference is slight that it doesn't really need an external DAC/Amp. This is off the iPhone 4/4S and iPad1. I've not really tried the M-80 off other sources.
Quote:
I find that the M80s work very well straight from a phone or PC. They do get better with higher end DAC and amp, but I don't feel the change is dramatic. They don't scale as well as some phones at least from what I've discovered so far, but they were meant to be portable. 

I'll report back if I test them out on my main set up and hear a large difference. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #924 of 2,828

Quote:
We're getting a little OT somewhat?

Back on topic, I'd agree with robm321. I've tried the M-80 with a couple of different DAC/Amps (HP-P1, CLAS/PicoSlim, Go-DAP 4.0) and the difference is slight that it doesn't really need an external DAC/Amp. This is off the iPhone 4/4S and iPad1. I've not really tried the M-80 off other sources.

Agreed 3X, let's stay on topic of M-80 here, there is now another M-100 wishlist thread we can use too, I'll participate in it actively.

M-80 Amped or not?
Agreed, I don't hear a major diff amped/unamped w iPhone 4S and iPad 2 with M-80.  Our LP, LP2 or M-100 protos (all ~50mm) really benefits from amping.  This makes sense, because I developed M-80 sound using a iPhone 4/iPad 1 ~90% of the time (other 10% was Macbook, Pioneer mixers and a variety of Androids).  I have a lot of amps inc HP-P1, PD, E7, Go-Dap 4, ADL Cruise, but I don't have the time to ABCD test w M-80. Test group subjects we used and I loved the sound of the practical devices' w the AD8397 DAC, HP-P1, E7 the best at CanJam w M-80.  The practical devices has the bass boost button that rocks.  

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #926 of 2,828

Quote:
I have another question, but it is kinda off topic from the M-80's, however idk where else to ask. Does anybody know where I can download 320 bitrate songs for free or at least for cheap?

Mp3skull. You can see the bitrate before you download the song. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #927 of 2,828
Anyone else see the white M80s in this video at 5:45?? They look absolute gorgeous and I sorta despise myself for not waiting a bit for other color options to be released >_<

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #928 of 2,828

Quote:
Anyone else see the white M80s in this video at 5:45?? They look absolute gorgeous and I sorta despise myself for not waiting a bit for other color options to be released >_<

Yes! I noticed them in another video! I was trying to make sure they weren't LP's and never had a clear view of them.
White cans are beautiful and do attract a lot more attention which can be good for advertising!

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #929 of 2,828

Quote:

Mp3skull. You can see the bitrate before you download the song. 

Sweet. Im checking out the website right now, and it looks easy enough. A couple questions. Is it completely free? More importantly though, is it safe? because the last thing I want is to come across a detrimental computer virus trying to download a song.... /:

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #930 of 2,828

Quote:
Sweet. Im checking out the website right now, and it looks easy enough. A couple questions. Is it completely free? More importantly though, is it safe? because the last thing I want is to come across a detrimental computer virus trying to download a song.... /:

Yes and yes. You can preview the songs too. I've been using it ever since Limewire basically got shut down- no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back