V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Dec 11, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #541 of 2,828
Oh dear, I do not know if I should buy myself the M-80's as an X-mas gift to myself or drive myself insane waiting for the M-100's..

It does not sound far off and I have waited for things for much longer periods of time.

Oh I don't know...

Dec 11, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #542 of 2,828

Quote:
Oh dear, I do not know if I should buy myself the M-80's as an X-mas gift to myself or drive myself insane waiting for the M-100's..

It does not sound far off and I have waited for things for much longer periods of time.

Oh I don't know...

They have a 60 day trial/audition period. You can always check out the M-80s and see if they're perfect for you. If they aren't, send it back in and wait until the M-100s.

Dec 12, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #546 of 2,828

Quote:
Hope you guys picked up the M-80s/LP2 before 10th Dec as the head-fi code just expired.

WELL then. Seem like I will now wait for the M-100s. Hope they would get a discount code too /toocheapformyowngood

Dec 12, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #547 of 2,828
To be fair V-Moda throws in other options like the red plates, pro cable, & 1/4" plugs....presumably in place of the coupon code.

But I hear you...I'm anxious about the M-100's too.

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #548 of 2,828
I just received my M-80s the other night and I am very pleased.  Sonics and build are comparable to my reference portable headphone, Senn HD25-1 ii, but the M-80 is more stylish and comfortable. 

Dumb question: How are the replaceable shields removed?  The tiny fasteners do not appear to be conventional screws but perhaps it's just that my 55-year old eyes are letting me down.

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #549 of 2,828
Quote:

Dumb question: How are the replaceable shields removed?  The tiny fasteners do not appear to be conventional screws but perhaps it's just that my 55-year old eyes are letting me down.

Mine came with a very small alan-wrench (spell? xD) but I think it only comes with the custom shields. Dunno if any other tool can take the screws out

I also have a dumber question: I'm pretty new to on-ear, so I dunno if I'm putting these on the "right" way. Are your ears toward the back of your head supposed to be covered like an around-the-ear headphone, or are the pads supposed to rest on top of them?

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #551 of 2,828

Quote:
Quote:

Mine came with a very small alan-wrench (spell? xD) but I think it only comes with the custom shields. Dunno if any other tool can take the screws out

I also have a dumber question: I'm pretty new to on-ear, so I dunno if I'm putting these on the "right" way. Are your ears toward the back of your head supposed to be covered like an around-the-ear headphone, or are the pads supposed to rest on top of them?

KInda makes sense that the wrench would ship with the shields. (I didn't see a wrench in my M-80 box).  If I understand your question, as an on-ear headphone, unless you have lilipution ears, the pads should rest on top of your ear.  I think the M-100s discussed in this thread would actually cover your ear.     

Dec 12, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #552 of 2,828
Quote:
KInda makes sense that the wrench would ship with the shields. (I didn't see a wrench in my M-80 box).  If I understand your question, as an on-ear headphone, unless you have lilipution ears, the pads should rest on top of your ear.  I think the M-100s discussed in this thread would actually cover your ear.     

Yea the wrench came in a separate bag outside the box. Why, do you want to disassemble the M80s or something? xD
hm, well when I try to make the M80s sit on my ear, they just feel a bit too "forward" and I'm afraid they would fall off with a slight shake of my head. meh I'll try it out for a week and see what position works best. Soundwise though, this is definitely a keeper^^

Question: I'm planning to do a review with a bunch of pictures, but should I put that in this thread or just make another thread? Probably going to have measurements as well because I was surprised as to how small these things actually are haha

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #553 of 2,828

Quote:
Quote:

Yea the wrench came in a separate bag outside the box. Why, do you want to disassemble the M80s or something? xD
hm, well when I try to make the M80s sit on my ear, they just feel a bit too "forward" and I'm afraid they would fall off with a slight shake of my head. meh I'll try it out for a week and see what position works best. Soundwise though, this is definitely a keeper^^

Question: I'm planning to do a review with a bunch of pictures, but should I put that in this thread or just make another thread? Probably going to have measurements as well because I was surprised as to how small these things actually are haha

I asked about the wrench because I am contemplating replacing the shield with a different color or custom shield.  I would have no reason to disassemble them. 

The headband is very flexible and can be manipulated.  Between that and playing around with the height of the headband, hopefully, you'll find a decent fit.   Worse case, if you like the sonics but can't get a good fit, it sounds like you are a candidate for the pending M-100 referred to in this thread.  The M-100 should cover your ears. PersonaIly, I am looking for something as portable as possible to include something that might not be too out of place at the gym, so the M-80 works best for me.

I'm more or less a "junior" headfier so I'm probably not the best one to advise you on posting protocol; but as this a a M-80/V-80 review thread, I don't see how you could go too wrong posting here. 

Dec 12, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #554 of 2,828
Quote:
I asked about the wrench because I am contemplating replacing the shield with a different color or custom shield.  I would have no reason to disassemble them. 

The headband is very flexible and can be manipulated.  Between that and playing around with the height of the headband, hopefully, you'll find a decent fit.   Worse case, if you like the sonics but can't get a good fit, it sounds like you are a candidate for the pending M-100 referred to in this thread.  The M-100 should cover your ears. PersonaIly, I am looking for something as portable as possible to include something that might not be too out of place at the gym, so the M-80 works best for me.

I'm more or less a "junior" headfier so I'm probably not the best one to advise you on posting protocol; but as this a a M-80/V-80 review thread, I don't see how you could go too wrong posting here. 

meh, I decided to get the M80s and not wait for the M100s because over-ears tend to get sweaty and hot in the summer
I think I found a good fit..really like the 10-clip adjustments these have^^

Dec 12, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #555 of 2,828
Two notable reviews to throw in here that I am quite excited about...

Innerfidelity's Tyll had a very great and entertaining review (view the video too):

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/v-moda-crossfade-m-80-and-v-80-true-blood-headphones

Audioholics Product of the Year in headphones... winner is M-80/V-80!:

http://www.audioholics.com/buying-guides/product-awards-and-gift-guides/2011-audioholics-poy

M-100 Progress... delays...
We've been working hard the last few months on M-100, I've literally tried hundreds of new techniques and technologies - it is taking longer than we anticipated.  We can't get it to sound exactly the same since its 50mm and over-ear, so the good news is it will have its own amazing yet unique signature.

Stay tuned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back