V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Dec 14, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #571 of 2,828
Quote:
Hi all,

Is this product out officially and is there anywhere in Singapore I can demo the M-80 as well, I own HD25-1-II so I like to see how unique is this compare to HD25 and DT1350 as well since like some comments about progressive Trance very positively.

Check this review out, really helped me settle on the M80s~

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #572 of 2,828
m-80s arrived today in the order, along with all the extras (3/4" to 1/4" adapter, audio only cable, red shields, faders). THESE THINGS ARE BEAUTIFUL.

at first i plugged them in, thought the treble was incredibly recessed, even though the bass was coming in clearly. then i realized i hadnt plugged the jack in on the left ear cup all the way in. after fixing that up, my mind was blown. these aren't even burnt in yet and i'm loving the sound i'm getting. And the packaging and build quality is top notch, really no flaws i can find anywhere. 

I'll probably write a review at some point after these are burned in, even though i don't have much to compare them to atm XD. 

Dec 14, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #573 of 2,828

Quote:
Quote:

Dumb question: How are the replaceable shields removed?  The tiny fasteners do not appear to be conventional screws but perhaps it's just that my 55-year old eyes are letting me down.

Mine came with a very small alan-wrench (spell? xD) but I think it only comes with the custom shields. Dunno if any other tool can take the screws out

I also have a dumber question: I'm pretty new to on-ear, so I dunno if I'm putting these on the "right" way. Are your ears toward the back of your head supposed to be covered like an around-the-ear headphone, or are the pads supposed to rest on top of them?

They screw on with a small hex/allen key/wrench. 

The headphones sit on your ears. This is called "supra-aural". Headphones that cover your ears are called "circum-aural". Our Glossary of Terms may help with some of this. 
smile.gif

Quote:
Tyll, Love the photo in the last review! its madness.

111212_feature_celebrityheadphonedeathmatch_Photo_Main.jpg

If you think that is great, search for his Stereophile advertisement pictures for HeadRoom. Don't do it while eating food though unless you want it all over the keyboard. 
wink_face.gif

Dec 14, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #574 of 2,828
Anyone who have the iem Vsonic GR07 heard the M80? Do they have a similar sound signature?....Or any other iem for that matter?

Just in case it wasn't clear to anyone: Coupon code is dead.

Dec 14, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #576 of 2,828
Quote:
They screw on with a small hex/allen key/wrench.   
The headphones sit on your ears. This is called "supra-aural". Headphones that cover your ears are called "circum-aural". Our Glossary of Terms may help with some of this. 
smile.gif

Yea, I know term-wise they are supposed to sit on your ears, but for some reason I am able to get half my ear (the back part) to sit inside the cups o.o
Guess I have small ears or something haha

Dec 14, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #577 of 2,828

Quote:
Anyone who have the iem Vsonic GR07 heard the M80? Do they have a similar sound signature?....Or any other iem for that matter?

Just in case it wasn't clear to anyone: Coupon code is dead.

I think they are quite similar but M80's have the sub-bass the GR07's don't possess.  More soundstage with the M80's also.  The GR07 is more balanced compared to M80's but I'd say they are more close then apart.  

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #578 of 2,828

M-100 Progress... delays...
We've been working hard the last few months on M-100, I've literally tried hundreds of new techniques and technologies - it is taking longer than we anticipated.  We can't get it to sound exactly the same since its 50mm and over-ear, so the good news is it will have its own amazing yet unique signature.

Stay tuned...

many of us thought more as a over-ear m-80 derived.for one more amazing yet unique signature from v-moda would be another big step for the company,step by step gaining the head-fier recognition,the point i would add is that the more of us probably would like a signature similar to the more "neutral" m-80 than the "bass-club" LP.i saw many of us thinking on buying the "m-80" with bigger pads because the great success from the same one.

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #579 of 2,828

Quote:
If you think that is great, search for his Stereophile advertisement pictures for HeadRoom. Don't do it while eating food though unless you want it all over the keyboard. 
wink_face.gif

Just the memory of that one is enough to make me do a spit-take... 

Dec 15, 2011 at 6:22 AM Post #580 of 2,828

Quote:
Quote:
Check this review out, really helped me settle on the M80s~

Hi Kagelou,

I read about it earlier while checking out but now I interested to test out on my player, the song I listen to, there's certain feel that poison me... I seriously love to get a demo to try it out... so many comments here, it the the real thing on my hands and on my ears I like to witness on.

Any Singaporean here got a hand on this kindly tell me if there's a demo set somewhere ?

Dec 15, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #581 of 2,828
And so the burn-in begins....

I wasn't certain if I was going to get a demo model or not, so I caved, rushed out, and bought the M-80 on Amazon Japan. Just got it today in time today before my trip to Hong Kong tomorrow and Perth, Australia for the next two weeks to show it off :D.

Anyone in Perth who wants demo before buying online, PM me! Happy to meet for you to have a listen before you decide to buy.

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #583 of 2,828
With itsmagnificent bass and smooth sound, I find the M-80 to be like a baby brother to the D5000 (or D2000/D7000). So the M-100 could be a big brother to the D5000--like a lean Marine next to a bulking bear.

No, it is not like a silly goose.

-Roy G Biv

Dec 18, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #585 of 2,828

Quote:
OT: Just saw MI: Ghost Protocol. LP2s being used by agent Ethan Hunt! V-MODA represent!

-.- Wow I watch that movie but never take note of the headset he was wearing was it the part when they were in the train ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back