V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Dec 4, 2011 at 6:22 AM Post #451 of 2,828
Thanks for the code. I just ordered the M80. I really want black. It's nice that the manufacturer is here on the forum. Buying something you've never heard is really a crap shoot. I want to use the M80s with my iPhone without an amp. I hope they are loud enough. 

Dec 4, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #452 of 2,828
I've just received a pair of both the M80s and the LP2s. It's very hard to add to anything that's already been said. I think I'll have to get out the EQ and go through a few different types of music. Overall, a pair the size of the LPs with a touch brighter M80 signature would be close to perfect IMO. I wonder if the M100s will end up being this?

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #453 of 2,828
i just cant wait to get my hand on the m100,hoping it will be good as much as the m80,cuz im looking to a over-ear to home-use-only.if they get a remarkable sound quality with the building structure as the last v-moda (i mean the flexible headband,detacthable cable and blablabla)i will be very happy for a long time,even the whole community is getting anxious for waiting those new HP!a war headphone

Dec 4, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #457 of 2,828

Quote:
You've probably been asked before, but which do you like better? The HD25 or the M80?

Hope I dont get shot for saying this on this thread 
ph34r.gif

HD25 is still my favorite on ear portable. although the M80 does vocals better. so I keep both.

Dec 4, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #459 of 2,828
James I heard a pair of HD25 the other day for the first time and have to admit I liked their sound alot. I may buy a pair some day myself and use both them and the M80 as well. My only concern with the HD25 would be comfort as they seemed to have a lot more pressure on my ears and glasses.

Dec 4, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #460 of 2,828
I really did not like the comfort of the HD25. For me, made them a headphone I just won't go back too. Dweaver, do you find the M80 more comfortable?

Quote:
James I heard a pair of HD25 the other day for the first time and have to admit I liked their sound alot. I may buy a pair some day myself and use both them and the M80 as well. My only concern with the HD25 would be comfort as they seemed to have a lot more pressure on my ears and glasses.

Dec 4, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #461 of 2,828
There's room for both the M80 & the HD25.  For comfort, I use the HD25 SP band.  I also re-cabled the HD25's and that smoothed out the sound signature.  I really enjoy them both.  It would be a hard decision if I only had to have one but I could easily live with either though the M80's are getting more airplay.  The M80's are awesome right out of my iPhone4 and 5G iPod U2.

Dec 4, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #462 of 2,828

I only was able to use the HD25 for a bit in a store. But the HD25 had a lot more ear pressure than the M80's do. The M80 also initially bothered my ears but only after listening for over 45 minutes. In the end I did the bend trick they show on the V-Moda promotional video and that loosened them up and just using them since the comfort has gotten better. I occasionally find my ears sore but that's usually after a couple hours of listening and only if I don't get them seated on my ears quite right.

Quote:
I really did not like the comfort of the HD25. For me, made them a headphone I just won't go back too. Dweaver, do you find the M80 more comfortable?

Dec 4, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #464 of 2,828

Quote:

The M80 is more comfortable to my ears. it barely has any pressure, just sits there gently.

Quote:

Yes, first I could only stand them for 30 minutes or so, now I can use them in 2 hours trips and no problem, except for the sweat on my ears... I have 2 pairs of HD25 and the oldest one is significant more comfortable, they sure improve with time. glasses might be an issue, but I cant tell for sure as I dont use glasses.

Dec 4, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #465 of 2,828

Quote:
I've just received a pair of both the M80s and the LP2s. It's very hard to add to anything that's already been said. I think I'll have to get out the EQ and go through a few different types of music. Overall, a pair the size of the LPs with a touch brighter M80 signature would be close to perfect IMO. I wonder if the M100s will end up being this?

Currawong,

How did you get your M80/LP2? Directly from V-Moda or via Focal Point?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back