V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Mar 13, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #1,261 of 2,828
I did the same, except I appreciate the extra oomph in the bass on these. Great build quality, attention to detail, and overall acoustics. I was torn between these and the BlueAnt Embrace. I really like the looks of the B&W P5's, but they were out of my price range, so the BlueAnts were in serious consideration. I'm glad I trusted the reviews on these, they are really better than I thought they would be.

Snagged a pair of these when the price dropped on Amazon, because I wanted an on-ear can with maximum portability that I wouldn't have to worry about in terms of durability.  My ESW9 wasn't cutting it as a worry-free portable.  I had previously been kind of keeping an eye on the used market for dt1350's, but the price drop sealed the deal for me on these, and I think they'll do nicely.  With the talk of variance between sets of those, and now driver mismatching within sets, I think I made a good call and saved a lot of money that I really shouldn't have been spending.  The bass is a little heavy on them for my taste, but other than that they sound really good for what they are, and should fill my needs nicely.  Well done, the whole package was just really classy as well.

Mar 14, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #1,262 of 2,828
Yeah, I'm positive a lot of people like that, it just generally isn't my jam, but who knows, I may learn to like it when I'm walking around and some of the bass gets drowned out by outside noise.  It's really the attention to detail for use as portable, on the go cans that sold me.  It doesn't seem like any other company is going quite as far as v-moda is with this headphone in accommodating portable use.  It seems like it's built to last, and I really like the case, which I feel I could throw in my bag without worry.  Probably not going to be rocking much classical with these though...

Mar 14, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #1,263 of 2,828

Quote:
Yeah, I'm positive a lot of people like that, it just generally isn't my jam, but who knows, I may learn to like it when I'm walking around and some of the bass gets drowned out by outside noise.  It's really the attention to detail for use as portable, on the go cans that sold me.  It doesn't seem like any other company is going quite as far as v-moda is with this headphone in accommodating portable use.  It seems like it's built to last, and I really like the case, which I feel I could throw in my bag without worry.  Probably not going to be rocking much classical with these though...

I've had no real problems with classical with these, but I guess the treble could be a bit stronger for that...

Mar 14, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #1,265 of 2,828

Quote:
Few hours with these will REALLY not be accurate...when I first got them...I was really a bit frightened...they did not sound as good as I expected. These cans really need a good burn in to start performing at the level they do. After burning them in they sound fantastic. As for comfort, a lot of people have issues but its really just a matter of patience and playing around with it to find the right fit.

In all honesty...i really can't find a good reason why I would ever want to return my M-80s...theyre really quite great!

Keep them =D!

Fair point. I don't like the idea of opening these and returning them to Amazon if I am not happy. So, I will try to decide over the next few days whether to return them (they are still unopened) or to open and keep them. In that regard, I have a few questioms. The most important one though relates to comfort. I wear eyeglasses so supra-aural headphones may not be the best.  However, I have adjusted to my Grado Sr80Is. I used to be able to only wear those for about 15 minutes, but can now wear them for 45 - 60 minutes. Are the M-80s likely to be more or less comfortable than the Grados  Thanks.

Mar 14, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #1,266 of 2,828

I think it depends more on head size/shape than glasses for me personally. Still, I had glasses and I say its about a toss up. The M80 weren't bad for an hour listen. About the same for me for the SR60i. The real problem for me with the M80 was that there wasn't the isolation that I wanted comparable to the amount of head clamp. W/ something that tight, I'd like a lot more of the world blocked out. Coming from the SR60, you may not be needing isolation though!

Quote:

Fair point. I don't like the idea of opening these and returning them to Amazon if I am not happy. So, I will try to decide over the next few days whether to return them (they are still unopened) or to open and keep them. In that regard, I have a few questioms. The most important one though relates to comfort. I wear eyeglasses so supra-aural headphones may not be the best.  However, I have adjusted to my Grado Sr80Is. I used to be able to only wear those for about 15 minutes, but can now wear them for 45 - 60 minutes. Are the M-80s likely to be more or less comfortable than the Grados  Thanks.

Mar 14, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #1,267 of 2,828

Quote:

I've had no real problems with classical with these, but I guess the treble could be a bit stronger for that...

Agreed, I think they're pretty versatile when it comes to genre, which is very important to me. Love the liquid mids and the soundstage - I always say this but I still can't believe V-MODA packed such a big sound in such a little package. It's just a sweet headphone, all around from the build, to the looks, to the sound. I've also found them to be one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever owned, let alone on-ear.

Mar 14, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #1,268 of 2,828
I wear glasses too. For me, I've found a good fit with my M-80s that my glasses dont really affect comfort too much. But in rare occasion when my glasses do start to bother me, I've found that having your glasses rest over the ear cups instead of being pressed in them solves the problem. The M-80s are small enough that people cant really notice the difference (so you wont look stupid with ur glasses all slanted or something) and it doesnt distort your vision too much. This is just what I felt like works. Give it a try see how it goes =)!

Quote:
The most important one though relates to comfort. I wear eyeglasses so supra-aural headphones may not be the best.  However, I have adjusted to my Grado Sr80Is. I used to be able to only wear those for about 15 minutes, but can now wear them for 45 - 60 minutes. Are the M-80s likely to be more or less comfortable than the Grados  Thanks.

Mar 15, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #1,269 of 2,828
It's been 8 days since V-moda sent me an email telling me they were shipped to USPS but when I check the tracking info it says the status "Processed at LA Origin Facility"
Any idea how long USPS take to ship the headphones out ?

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #1,270 of 2,828

Quote:
It's been 8 days since V-moda sent me an email telling me they were shipped to USPS but when I check the tracking info it says the status "Processed at LA Origin Facility"
Any idea how long USPS take to ship the headphones out ?

Theyre usually pretty quick... ...i think i got my M-80s after 5 or 6 business days...and i live Taiwan...

Mar 15, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #1,272 of 2,828
About how long is the headphone cord? I am 6'3" and one of the issues I have with the stock apple earbuds is that I sometimes don't have enough give for my Iphone to sit comfortably in my pants pocket depending on the depth of the pocket. I am usually fine in a jacket pocket, but (i)  I am not always wearing a jacket and (ii) I also worry more about my phone falling out of a shallow jacket pocket as opposed to a pants pocket which is more secure.

Mar 15, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #1,273 of 2,828

Quote:
About how long is the headphone cord? I am 6'3" and one of the issues I have with the stock apple earbuds is that I sometimes don't have enough give for my Iphone to sit comfortably in my pants pocket depending on the depth of the pocket. I am usually fine in a jacket pocket, but (i)  I am not always wearing a jacket and (ii) I also worry more about my phone falling out of a shallow jacket pocket as opposed to a pants pocket which is more secure.

36" long I believe.  I'm around 6' and it's more than long enough when in my pants pockets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back