V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Mar 12, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #1,231 of 2,828

Quote:
Im having a slight problem with my m80s. to use them with my amp at home, i use a conventional 1/4" adapter as per usual, but for some reason much of the sound is gone or missing from playback. To check if it was the jack of my amp, I used my HD 650s which worked fine. any advice????

NB: my pair haven't come with their own 1/4 adapter, though i dont think its supposed to.

Flip your wire and test it out again. So straight jack goes into amp and 45 degree jack goes into m80  

Mar 12, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #1,232 of 2,828
Hi there, I'm new to Head-fi and have been reading reading reading. I have a pair of ATH-M50's and am looking at the M80's. How does one go about getting the 14.4% discount from the home site?

Thanks

Steve 

Quote:
Price isn't changing.  We are offering the "HEAD-FI" 14.4% off on V-MODA.com with some extras right now, however.  We do encourage M-80 purchases from V-MODA.com, Amazon.com (direct NOT 3rd party), Microsoft, Guitar Center, Radio Shack and our worldwide partners around the globe.  The price should be similar taking into account shipping/duties/local service around the globe.  This is our goal as it is a global economy. 

Mar 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #1,235 of 2,828

Quote:
Hi there, I'm new to Head-fi and have been reading reading reading. I have a pair of ATH-M50's and am looking at the M80's. How does one go about getting the 14.4% discount from the home site?

Thanks

Steve 

use coupon code "head-fi" during check out. Im like a coin flip away from pulling the trigger on some m-80s with that coupon

Mar 12, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #1,238 of 2,828
I have a stupid question but will ask anyway.  I ordered the M-80s a few days ago when the price dropped on Amazon, but then had some buyer's remorse before the cans even arrived. I have no doubt as to the excellent sound quality but wondered whether I had considered the various alternatives enough and whether the M-80s would be the right fit and look for me. So, I went to cancel the order but it had already shipped; it is now waiting at my apartment for when I get home. I would like to test them out and if I like them then just keep them instead of further agonizing over choices.  But I want to know whether I can return to Amazon if I am for some reason not satisfied with the fit and/or the sound. I know that VModa direct purchases give you 60 days.  Amazon says that electronics can be returned New in original  packaging within 30 days. I have literally never returned anything to Amazon other than unopened items. I assume I can open the box and then if unsatisfied pack them back and return them Like New, but wanted to check and also make sure that was, in fact, the case and that the nature of the packaging was such that this would be easily "reboxable". I would not put any real wear on these; just listen for a few hours around the house to make sure I am happy with them. But if there is any doubt about this then I would just as soon return to Amazon completely unopened. Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #1,239 of 2,828
Few hours with these will REALLY not be accurate...when I first got them...I was really a bit frightened...they did not sound as good as I expected. These cans really need a good burn in to start performing at the level they do. After burning them in they sound fantastic. As for comfort, a lot of people have issues but its really just a matter of patience and playing around with it to find the right fit.

In all honesty...i really can't find a good reason why I would ever want to return my M-80s...theyre really quite great!

Keep them =D!

Quote:
I have a stupid question but will ask anyway.  I ordered the M-80s a few days ago when the price dropped on Amazon, but then had some buyer's remorse before the cans even arrived. I have no doubt as to the excellent sound quality but wondered whether I had considered the various alternatives enough and whether the M-80s would be the right fit and look for me. So, I went to cancel the order but it had already shipped; it is now waiting at my apartment for when I get home. I would like to test them out and if I like them then just keep them instead of further agonizing over choices.  But I want to know whether I can return to Amazon if I am for some reason not satisfied with the fit and/or the sound. I know that VModa direct purchases give you 60 days.  Amazon says that electronics can be returned New in original  packaging within 30 days. I have literally never returned anything to Amazon other than unopened items. I assume I can open the box and then if unsatisfied pack them back and return them Like New, but wanted to check and also make sure that was, in fact, the case and that the nature of the packaging was such that this would be easily "reboxable". I would not put any real wear on these; just listen for a few hours around the house to make sure I am happy with them. But if there is any doubt about this then I would just as soon return to Amazon completely unopened. Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #1,240 of 2,828
Actually wanted to correct my earlier post, I guess I didn't realize how much I normally have to get up and take care of something or simply take the headphones off to talk to someone when I'm at work.  Hunkered down on a project today and after almost 4 hours with no break (i.e. not getting up and taking off the M-80s for anything) the upper lobes of my ears were killing me.  I'm pretty disappointed because I really do enjoy them but I'm not sure if I want to keep them if the long term comfort isn't there.

Val, I bought these from the V-MODA site, would discomfort be considered a valid reason to return them?  I'm thinking the M100's might be better suited for me since they're over the ear.

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #1,241 of 2,828

Quote:
Actually wanted to correct my earlier post, I guess I didn't realize how much I normally have to get up and take care of something or simply take the headphones off to talk to someone when I'm at work.  Hunkered down on a project today and after almost 4 hours with no break (i.e. not getting up and taking off the M-80s for anything) the upper lobes of my ears were killing me.  I'm pretty disappointed because I really do enjoy them but I'm not sure if I want to keep them if the long term comfort isn't there.

Val, I bought these from the V-MODA site, would discomfort be considered a valid reason to return them?  I'm thinking the M100's might be better suited for me since they're over the ear.

You shouldn't be wearing ANY headphones for that long, 1-2 hours at a time should be the most you should even be wearing headphones for (without a break) and in that time frame you should experiencing little if any discomfort.

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #1,242 of 2,828

Quote:
Im having a slight problem with my m80s. to use them with my amp at home, i use a conventional 1/4" adapter as per usual, but for some reason much of the sound is gone or missing from playback. To check if it was the jack of my amp, I used my HD 650s which worked fine. any advice????

NB: my pair haven't come with their own 1/4 adapter, though i dont think its supposed to.

The M-80s come with a 1/4 inch adapter in the case. Quick check would be to see if they play via another source and then maybe it's your adapter that has gone bad. 

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #1,243 of 2,828

Quote:

You shouldn't be wearing ANY headphones for that long, 1-2 hours at a time should be the most you should even be wearing headphones for (without a break) and in that time frame you should experiencing little if any discomfort.

I keep my volumes pretty low at work, lower than the level of a normal conversation.  It's not like I'm blasting them for that length of time.  My earlobes also started hurting earlier than that but that's the length of time where it got unbearable and I had to take them off.  I suppose I haven't noticed the discomfort before because most days I'm interrupted fairly frequently.

Mar 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #1,244 of 2,828

Quote:
How long has she had them?  I had that problem at first but after a week or two they became much more comfortable.  Now I wear them almost all day at work and they don't hurt at all.

She has used them for about 30 minutes at a time for a few days. I have told her about your experience, and she will happliy give them another try.

Mar 12, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #1,245 of 2,828

Quote:
use coupon code "head-fi" during check out. Im like a coin flip away from pulling the trigger on some m-80s with that coupon

Thanks rhodan, is it the same coupon code when buying from headroom.com?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back