V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Mar 11, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #1,216 of 2,828
You know, one of the issues with the DB issue and headphones, is you just never know how close you're getting to pushing the limit.  When you have the EQ engaged on the Walkman, there is a pretty noticeable DB boost.  But I have not idea how close the getting into the danger zone I am.  Typically I try to play it safe and keep my volume between 8 and 10 on a Walkman.  Depends on the headphone.  My XB700 is on 8, but my Ultrasones, or my SOL Republics need to be on 10.  I really wish that manufacturer's would give you a guage in their literature so that you could at least get close or stay under.  Some people who work around loud volumes or have listened to loud music over time just can't hear as well, so they crank up the music anyway.  I think I'm pretty well in the safe zone, but I'd still like to know for sure. 

Mar 11, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #1,219 of 2,828

Quote:
Hm, that suddenly makes me wonder if the hidden feature of the M-100 has something to do with decibel level..

If there was a way for it to readout the db's then that along with the improved sound and comfort might make me sell my M-80s for the M-100 (though I'm short on cash so not likely lol).

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #1,221 of 2,828

Quote:
I'm like right on the fence whether or not to buy the M-80's right now.  The only thing holding me back is if the white M-80s are gonna drop anytime soon. Anyone have any news on when that's gonna happen?

Price isn't changing.  We are offering the "HEAD-FI" 14.4% off on V-MODA.com with some extras right now, however.  We do encourage M-80 purchases from V-MODA.com, Amazon.com (direct NOT 3rd party), Microsoft, Guitar Center, Radio Shack and our worldwide partners around the globe.  The price should be similar taking into account shipping/duties/local service around the globe.  This is our goal as it is a global economy. 

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #1,222 of 2,828

Quote:
I'm like right on the fence whether or not to buy the M-80's right now.  The only thing holding me back is if the white M-80s are gonna drop anytime soon. Anyone have any news on when that's gonna happen?

White is within 4-6 weeks.

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #1,223 of 2,828

Quote:
Price isn't changing.  We are offering the "HEAD-FI" 14.4% off on V-MODA.com with some extras right now, however.  We do encourage M-80 purchases from V-MODA.com, Amazon.com (direct NOT 3rd party), Microsoft, Guitar Center, Radio Shack and our worldwide partners around the globe.  The price should be similar taking into account shipping/duties/local service around the globe.  This is our goal as it is a global economy. 

I want to buy a pair of True Blood Makers to match my V-80s but I keep hearing things about that dreaded cord! :frowning2:

Mar 12, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #1,224 of 2,828

Quote:
I want to buy a pair of True Blood Makers to match my V-80s but I keep hearing things about that dreaded cord! :frowning2:

only a couple left, they are amazing, - the cord is in the eye of the beholder!  some love fabric, some love NON-PVC.

Mar 12, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #1,225 of 2,828
I've had the V-MODA M-80's for a about a month now, I bought them for my wife (after reading the reviews here), as she needed a portable headphone. They sound great, all the positive comments made by people about these headphones, can't agree more.

On the flip side, my wife says the M-80's hurt her head /  ears after wearing them for  20 minutes or so, ( I don't experience this problem ). Also, I decided to take the M-80's down the street today ( leaving my IEM's at home) . It was quite windy, and while I was walking, I could hear the wind blowing in the headphones. It was very loud, and half the time, all I could hear was the wind blowing. It overpowered the music. Not good on windy days.

We are eagerly awaiting the release of the M-100's, (my wife only wants over the ear headphones from now on) . The M-80's are solely mine now ^^.

Mar 12, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #1,226 of 2,828

Quote:
Just went to Best Buy and compared my M-80s to the B&W P5s.
OH MY MOTHER OF PEARL FIRE ON THE POOPDECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The M-80s absolutely destroyed every single test. The only thing is the P5s were a bit more imersive on the vocals. Other than that it wasn't even a contest. The P5s didn't even compare on the bass. The M-80s made it seem like the bass had as much detail as an engineers drawing and the P5s a kindergartener with a green crayon. The bass was so over powering on the P5s and right where it should be on the M-80. I don't know what was up, I mean I would only pay $100 tops for the P5s and to think they are $300.  And the $200 M-80s destroy. All of my friends who hear the M-80 say the same thing, Hands down the best headphone they have heard in their lives ever. Fantastic headphone Val. Still waiting on the edge of my seat for super mic and velour pads.

Yep, that's why I sold my P5 and looked for better offerings elsewhere. The P5 is a good headphone but it's extremely overpriced and I found that out the hard way. Sometimes it doesn't pay being a B&W fanboy. At least B&W is still one of the best when it comes to speakers.

P.S.
Stay away from their iPod speaker docks too, their very overpriced also and the same goes for their IEM.

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #1,228 of 2,828

Quote:
I've had the V-MODA M-80's for a about a month now, I bought them for my wife (after reading the reviews here), as she needed a portable headphone. They sound great, all the positive comments made by people about these headphones, can't agree more.

On the flip side, my wife says the M-80's hurt her head /  ears after wearing them for  20 minutes or so, ( I don't experience this problem ). Also, I decided to take the M-80's down the street today ( leaving my IEM's at home) . It was quite windy, and while I was walking, I could hear the wind blowing in the headphones. It was very loud, and half the time, all I could hear was the wind blowing. It overpowered the music. Not good on windy days.

We are eagerly awaiting the release of the M-100's, (my wife only wants over the ear headphones from now on) . The M-80's are solely mine now ^^.

How long has she had them?  I had that problem at first but after a week or two they became much more comfortable.  Now I wear them almost all day at work and they don't hurt at all.

Mar 12, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #1,229 of 2,828
Im having a slight problem with my m80s. to use them with my amp at home, i use a conventional 1/4" adapter as per usual, but for some reason much of the sound is gone or missing from playback. To check if it was the jack of my amp, I used my HD 650s which worked fine. any advice????

NB: my pair haven't come with their own 1/4 adapter, though i dont think its supposed to.

Mar 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #1,230 of 2,828
Yeah I actually returned the B&W P5s....bought them again then realized the sound was just awful compared to the M80s and returned the 2nd pair lol. Also returned the B&W IEMs. WAY too much cord noise. I'm actually discovering the cord noise on the Vibrato to be more than I initially thought, but much much less than the B&W C5s. Wind whistling through  my M80s drives me crazy, but the sound IS really fantastic... still gonna get the M100 when it comes out!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back