V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Mar 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #1,277 of 2,828

Quote:
It's been 8 days since V-moda sent me an email telling me they were shipped to USPS but when I check the tracking info it says the status "Processed at LA Origin Facility"
Any idea how long USPS take to ship the headphones out ?

USPS only tracks while the shipment is in the United States. Unless you opted for additional tracking, it won't change at all even when you get your package. 

Nevermind, you apparently opted for more tracking. 

Mar 15, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #1,279 of 2,828
HAHA, funny you say that, my one gay friend is the only person I know that has V-modas. :p

(I'm bi, I USED to have v-modas... that works out LOL)

Mar 16, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #1,281 of 2,828
USPS only tracks while the shipment is in the United States. Unless you opted for additional tracking, it won't change at all even when you get your package. 

Nevermind, you apparently opted for more tracking. 

I know about it tracking only in the US but I was expecting something along the lines of "Shipped" rather than "Processed at LA origin facility"

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #1,284 of 2,828

Quote:
I know about it tracking only in the US but I was expecting something along the lines of "Shipped" rather than "Processed at LA origin facility"

Nope, I can assure you that's all it says. Once it's packed for an overseas distribution center it stops updating. 

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #1,285 of 2,828
I could track mine even after It left the US though?

Quote:
Nope, I can assure you that's all it says. Once it's packed for an overseas distribution center it stops updating. 

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #1,286 of 2,828

Quote:
I could track mine even after It left the US though?

Depends on what kind of tracking you opted for. Technically, you can track a package just by it's custom form number while it's in the United States.

Mar 17, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #1,288 of 2,828
hey guys, I have a quick question. So i have had the M-80's for about 2 months now, and they are my favorite headphones that I have ever owned. My only complaint however is that the treble seems extremely recessed. Like the song will be sounding great, then where the singer hits a high note in the song, it is completely flattened out by the headphones. My setup isnt anything special, just a Samsung Fascinate smartphone and as many 320 kbs versions of my songs as i can find. Would I benefit from buying an amp (around $60) or by getting a new mp3 player (most likely the sansa clip+)? would either of these help me get a little more "sparkle" in the high ends of my music?

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #1,289 of 2,828

Quote:
hey guys, I have a quick question. So i have had the M-80's for about 2 months now, and they are my favorite headphones that I have ever owned. My only complaint however is that the treble seems extremely recessed. Like the song will be sounding great, then where the singer hits a high note in the song, it is completely flattened out by the headphones. My setup isnt anything special, just a Samsung Fascinate smartphone and as many 320 kbs versions of my songs as i can find. Would I benefit from buying an amp (around $60) or by getting a new mp3 player (most likely the sansa clip+)? would either of these help me get a little more "sparkle" in the high ends of my music?

My ears always perk when I hear the word "recessed treble" on V-MODA products over the last 8 years, a few questions I immediately ask for my R&D is:

1) what volume level are you listening 
2) what genre/song/device/compression
3) do you have an audiogram
4) age

This helps me to EQ the headphone over time for our target consumers of each product launch.  I take thousands of variables into consideration, too many to list!   We've sold over 3 million headphones now, so we have a huge responsibility that balances the ultimate audio experience without accelerating hearing loss (especially with kids).

When I started V-MODA in my 20s, I had perfect hearing and listened pretty loud to dance/pop/rock music. But I always considered I better not play too loud or get "too high" in the trebles to keep my hearing for life.  It's my opinion it is better to have to EQ up a tad in 8-16kHz for those that need it than for me to artificially spike those frequencies.  It's a delicate balance I spend a LOT of time on, it sometimes makes me an insomniac and keeps me up at night!

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #1,290 of 2,828
For me, treble is not recessed on the M80s. If you have a CIEM like JH16 or ES5, that I consider one of the top quality for iems, or the LCD2s, they have a little more or less the same quality of treble with the M80s, which is smoothened up to avoid fatigue for long-time listening.

Coming from FX700, which has unbelievably up front crystal sparkling highs, I tend to get fatigue and that's why I may prefer a more dark presentation-a mid portable can like M80s to loosen up my ears a bit.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back