V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Sep 29, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #1,546 of 1,668
Ha, no, just pointing out your character, which is obvious to others. And if i recall correctly, you were the one who stormed out of our "discussion" in a hissyfit because you couldn't back up your claim.

Looks like his little boy big head syndrome is rubbing off on you as well!

Sep 29, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #1,547 of 1,668
Looks like his little boy big head syndrome is rubbing off on you as well!
[Mod hat on]
Alright stop with this. I’ve not moderated the past posts as it was gonna die and we’re going back on topic but if this persists, it’ll derail the thread again and I’m gonna need to start deleting posts and locking ppl out of the thread.
[Mod hat off]

Sep 29, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #1,549 of 1,668
Still very new to the forum and trawling through this thread...thanks for the input.

My codex editions arrived this morning. They'll be my gym headphones with my Shanling M2s...can't wait to give em a go!
You will enjoy the combo!

Sep 29, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #1,550 of 1,668
So many innovative headphones on the market, so little time.

V-MODA, Sennheiser, Audeze, even Apple/Beats are all creating super high quality wireless products.

It's really marvelous seeing all these brands step it up.

I'd really be interested in seeing Audeze do a wireless set without all the extra gizmos, though.

Sep 29, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #1,551 of 1,668
iMac Pro - Std AptX vs Codex AptX on ALAC iTunes
  • There's some kind of channel imbalance on the CFW 2 Wireless Std vs the Codex edition. Hard to do a comparison with the Std having a slightly lower volume on the left channel vs the right.
iPhone X - Std SBC vs Codex AAC on FLAC Onkyo Hi-Res Player
  • That channel imbalance on the Std is gone!?
  • Codex had a bigger thump in the bass region.
  • Percussions are a little more distinctive on the Std (SBC) version, but overall music sounds less smooth (most noticeable in vocals) and more brittle in the treble/percussions.
iPhone X - Std SBC vs Codex AAC on 256k AAC lossy Music Player
  • Maybe it's me, but with lossy source, it's a little bit more difficult to distinguish between codecs. The SBC doesn't sound as smooth however the difference is not as big compared to AAC
I've still got to find an Android to compare Std AptX vs Codex AptX to see if that channel imbalance was only on the iMac Pro or if it's a AptX codec implementation thing on my CFW 2 Wireless Std. I've also got to do a comparison of wireless vs wired on the Codex.

Oct 1, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #1,554 of 1,668
It's has cleaner but still strong bass, not bloated or muddy at all with the mids and treble pulled up with the bass. so it might sound like it's less bass to some but it's not. I love my vmoda cfw2 codex edition. I wish they had a balanced version, that would be cool.

Oct 1, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #1,555 of 1,668
It's has cleaner but still strong bass, not bloated or muddy at all with the mids and treble pulled up with the bass. so it might sound like it's less bass to some but it's not. I love my vmoda cfw2 codex edition. I wish they had a balanced version, that would be cool.
Yes, more impactful than "bass bloom".

Oct 2, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #1,556 of 1,668

Oh I didn't mean it was lacking the low end at all, hell that's a big reason I own them. After sampling the Sony MX2, Senn HD1, Beoplay H9i, B&W PX, and AT DSR7BT, I kept the VModa because that hefty low end makes music sound so much more "natural".

Oct 6, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #1,557 of 1,668
So I've managed to spend a little more time with the Codex. Today I paired the Codex, Std, and CFW1 to my NW-WM1Z - AptX where possible. The Codex and Std sound (to the best of my hearing!!) identical - meaning that aside from the AAC support of the Codex, it's the same as the Std - driver, earpads, etc. around my head. So for iPhone/iPad/iOS users, the Codex is the way to go to get the best out of wireless whereas for Android users, either Std or Codex would do.

One note though is that (and I think I wrote this before), for lossy AAC (e.g. 256k or lower), the difference between the Std SBC and Codex AAC seems less prominent. The difference is there however not as pronounced as with lossy AAC or FLAC (via Onkyo HF player)

Oct 6, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #1,558 of 1,668
Despite the title of this thread, it seems like anything V-Moda is being discussed here, so I’d like your opinion for a purchase (I did make a thread in the purchase forum, but got no response).

It seems like V-Moda is the only manufacturer that really advertises durability. That’s partially why I’m interested in the Codex edition - (seemingly) durable, AAC support in wireless, foldable when not in use.

Would you say that these claims are not false advertising?

Oct 6, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #1,559 of 1,668
Despite the title of this thread, it seems like anything V-Moda is being discussed here, so I’d like your opinion for a purchase (I did make a thread in the purchase forum, but got no response).

It seems like V-Moda is the only manufacturer that really advertises durability. That’s partially why I’m interested in the Codex edition - (seemingly) durable, AAC support in wireless, foldable when not in use.

I've owned the CFW2 since they were released and have had no issues. From a hardware perspective, i think they durability is unmatched. However, I've also owned the Forza Metallo Wireless since they were released and I'm now on my 4th pair due to electronics issues.

Oct 6, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #1,560 of 1,668

I can't comment on the CFW series but I did put my M-100 through torture :-

3908116.jpg

If the CFW series is anything like the M-100 (which it seems to be), then it's durable. The M-100 definitely is. I don't think I'd want totry this on the CFW though :wink: - it just looks too pristine at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back