V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Sep 13, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #1,531 of 1,668
IMG_20180912_191454.jpg

Sep 13, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #1,532 of 1,668
Listening to Pine Box Boys and Those Poor Bastards. That extra bass really just makes music sound more visceral. Mmn.

Sep 16, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #1,533 of 1,668
Spending a relaxing Sunday with my V-Moda’s in Starbucks

94505DED-8105-47FE-8AAC-1A251B41C2A8.jpeg
D98EABF1-FD1F-424A-9E8B-D4263A695698.jpeg

Top - Bottom: M-100, Wireless 1, Wireless 2 Standard, Wireless 2 Codex Edition
6883C000-DCE2-40BE-826C-4340EA60521B.jpeg

Sep 16, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #1,534 of 1,668
Sha-zam. Any reason to have gotten the regular 2 and the Codex? You already had the Rose Gold.

Sep 16, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #1,535 of 1,668
Sha-zam. Any reason to have gotten the regular 2 and the Codex? You already had the Rose Gold.
These are demo/reviews I have from V-Moda (except I didn't really write a full review of the Wireless 2 Standard?). However I am quite impressed the Codex and will write a review of that when I get some personal time away from the family.

Sep 16, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #1,536 of 1,668
I have both...and am attempting to do some A/B time with them. I need to use the Codex version for a while first though since I have had the Rose Gold for awhile. I reviewed the Rose Gold and was asked to review the new version, and I like the Matte Black so we will see if there are any tuning differences. I don't use Apple, I have a work iPhone so I guess I could try AAC. In the first release Rose Gold was the only one with the apt-x codec and now it. +AAC, is available in any color. I agreed to review the Codex version to see if any tuning differences exist. If not, I assume it will be my original review, refreshed.

IMG_20180912_191439.jpg

Sep 16, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #1,537 of 1,668
I have both...and am attempting to do some A/B time with them. I need to use the Codex version for a while first though since I have had the Rose Gold for awhile. I reviewed the Rose Gold and was asked to review the new version, and I like the Matte Black so we will see if there are any tuning differences. I don't use Apple, I have a work iPhone so I guess I could try AAC. In the first release Rose Gold was the only one with the apt-x codec and now it. +AAC, is available in any color. I agreed to review the Codex version to see if any tuning differences exist. If not, I assume it will be my original review, refreshed.

Would like to hear your thoughts. To me there were tonal differences between the CFW2Std vs the CFW2CE however I've had the CFW2Std for like over a year whilst the CFW2CE is only 2 weeks old with like 2-3 hrs "run in" (not going to go off-topic about this). I may just leave the the CFW2CE running off the DX200 overnight and give it another listen tomorrow. For me, I'm an Apple user and I've confirmed that the CFW2CE does run AAC off bluetooth with my iPhone X (and SBC with my CFW2Std).

Sep 16, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #1,538 of 1,668
Would like to hear your thoughts. To me there were tonal differences between the CFW2Std vs the CFW2CE however I've had the CFW2Std for like over a year whilst the CFW2CE is only 2 weeks old with like 2-3 hrs "run in" (not going to go off-topic about this). I may just leave the the CFW2CE running off the DX200 overnight and give it another listen tomorrow. For me, I'm an Apple user and I've confirmed that the CFW2CE does run AAC off bluetooth with my iPhone X (and SBC with my CFW2Std).
No worries... As time passes I will write some thoughts. Wired, will be the best test regarding signature changes.

Sep 28, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #1,541 of 1,668
No, the post you replied to was correct. Tough guy turns to kindergarten kid very quickly though.

I like how you're throwing a little baby tantrum a month after the fact. Have a snickers. Have some appa juice. Take a napnap.

Sep 28, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #1,542 of 1,668
I like how you're throwing a little baby tantrum a month after the fact. Have a snickers. Have some appa juice. Take a napnap.
Ha, no, just pointing out your character, which is obvious to others. And if i recall correctly, you were the one who stormed out of our "discussion" in a hissyfit because you couldn't back up your claim.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #1,543 of 1,668
So many innovative headphones on the market, so little time.

V-MODA, Sennheiser, Audeze, even Apple/Beats are all creating super high quality wireless products.

Sep 28, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #1,544 of 1,668
So many innovative headphones on the market, so little time.

V-MODA, Sennheiser, Audeze, even Apple/Beats are all creating super high quality wireless products.
Don't forget the Nuraphone. Last week Best Buy had a Deal of the Day on them for $299. I couldn't help myself as I've been curious about them for a while. Oh man! If you can get use to the fit, notice I didn't say comfort, these are hands down the best sounding bluetooth headphones I've heard. Better than the 1000XM2/3, Studio/Solo 3, Senn HD1, Crossfade 2 Wireless Codex, B&W PX, H.ear On 2, and the list goes on. Just amazing. I've heard people say that this particular headphone or that particular headphone makes you want to listen to all your favorite songs over again. With me I've tried so many headphones I really can't say I've felt that way as far back as I can remember until now. The Nuraphones have done that for me. The 2 main issues with them are portability and comfort. They don't fold and the case is VERY big. As far as comfort, the thing is, the cups are very comfortable. With the way the cups are made they surround your ears like the QC35 and 1000XM3. They also keep your ears cool. The silicone ear cups don't allow your ears to heat up which I love. The main issue with the comfort is the ear tips in each cup that goes in your ear. If the 3 tips that come with it don't fit you well, or you hate inner ears, I could see it being a major problem for some. Luckily for me the medium ear tips fit perfectly. These actually get more comfortable the longer I wear them because I start getting use to the feeling of something in my ear. I highly recommend these for at home, wireless headphone use.

Sep 29, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #1,545 of 1,668
Don't forget the Nuraphone. Last week Best Buy had a Deal of the Day on them for $299. I couldn't help myself as I've been curious about them for a while. Oh man! If you can get use to the fit, notice I didn't say comfort, these are hands down the best sounding bluetooth headphones I've heard. Better than the 1000XM2/3, Studio/Solo 3, Senn HD1, Crossfade 2 Wireless Codex, B&W PX, H.ear On 2, and the list goes on. Just amazing. I've heard people say that this particular headphone or that particular headphone makes you want to listen to all your favorite songs over again. With me I've tried so many headphones I really can't say I've felt that way as far back as I can remember until now. The Nuraphones have done that for me. The 2 main issues with them are portability and comfort. They don't fold and the case is VERY big. As far as comfort, the thing is, the cups are very comfortable. With the way the cups are made they surround your ears like the QC35 and 1000XM3. They also keep your ears cool. The silicone ear cups don't allow your ears to heat up which I love. The main issue with the comfort is the ear tips in each cup that goes in your ear. If the 3 tips that come with it don't fit you well, or you hate inner ears, I could see it being a major problem for some. Luckily for me the medium ear tips fit perfectly. These actually get more comfortable the longer I wear them because I start getting use to the feeling of something in my ear. I highly recommend these for at home, wireless headphone use.
Thanks for your thoughts. The final sentence kinda sums it up for me, at home wireless use. When I use wireless it is generally because I am mobile. At home I would probably use a cable. If I was doing chores around the house, maybe wireless. I have heard good things about them(Nuraphone).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back