USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Feb 27, 2024 at 6:43 AM Post #6,136 of 6,526
With this and a power bank to connect to the USB type C located at the bottom you are good to go and keep the dongle away from interference from the mains supply:

https://www.amazon.it/Aceele-Sdoppi...FUPLHH&qid=1708899428&s=merchant-items&sr=1-4

hub5.jpg

A great cheap dongle cable is the Shanling L3 (Neotech Pure Silver)

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005..._main.137.68f43696CVWsQH&gatewayAdapt=glo2ita
Hubs with this function are pretty rare. Found one on Aliexpress.

The Aceele can also be purchased from their official site. There are several options with different ports.

Feb 27, 2024 at 6:55 AM Post #6,137 of 6,526
Hubs with this function are pretty rare. Found one on Aliexpress.

The Aceele can also be purchased from their official site. There are several options with different ports.
In addition to being USB 3.2 with 10 gigabit bandwidth on all ports, it has the particularity of not letting power pass to the hub so it does not keep the streamer (phone/tablet) constantly charged and can also be connected to a computer without fear of burning the port USB powering it unnecessarily. Finally, it is equipped with a socket dedicated to the power input which therefore does not mix with the signal coming from the streamer. It looks like any hub but it isn't, and it is perfect for what we need to use it. :wink:

In Italy it can also be found on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.it/Aceele-Sdoppi...709034731&refinements=p_89:Aceele&s=pc&sr=1-4

Then for how much it costs I bought two (you never know)

Feb 27, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #6,139 of 6,526
If you already have the RU7 I see no point in getting another dongle with the same musical signature... if instead you want to try something that is very close to a DC-Elite, if I were you I would take a look at the DC06PRO (huge stage and industrial quantities of details ) which I'm told is a really good dongle but it won't empty your wallet.
I already sold my RU7, so if FC6 have the same musical signature, i can try. The 4 sources left for me are Chord Mojo, DC04 Pro, E1DA 9038D and 7hz 71. DC06 Pro looks fine, but i'm not sure about it, sound wise. It did not catchup the hype if you know what i mean.

Feb 27, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #6,140 of 6,526
I already sold my RU7, so if FC6 have the same musical signature, i can try. The 4 sources left for me are Chord Mojo, DC04 Pro, E1DA 9038D and 7hz 71. DC06 Pro looks fine, but i'm not sure about it, sound wise. It did not catchup the hype if you know what i mean.
If you don't mind the lack of balanced 4.4mm, the FC6 is definitely one of the best dongles ever.

Feb 27, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #6,141 of 6,526
Feb 27, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #6,142 of 6,526
Another thing not to be underestimated is the USB cable... just to avoid having surprises like those of the RU7 even with the FC6 it is better to use a cable above all suspicion. I have never used the cables supplied with the dongles (and in fact the RU7 never had a single click)... they have always remained in the box, better to buy a quality cable and rely on it with all the dongles. It's an expense that you make once but if you have entered the world of dongles it will solve a lot of problems as well as providing you with performances that the cables given away in the dongles cannot provide.

This is the minimum wage:

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005...fe1d4514e84ad6d07075575175d&afSmartRedirect=y

This is the definitive one:

https://hifigo.com/products/dd-ddhifi-upgraded-tc09s-data-cable

Feb 27, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #6,143 of 6,526
This can be done with any powered hub as long as the phone recognizes the dongle connected to it. Did it with my ORICO 4 port hub.
Yes but this like the Aceele does not allow the power to reach the computer's USB port which can always cause damage or load the phone/tablet keeping the battery at 100% (which would ruin it with long uses). The PulWtop is not a 5 volt hub (like most hubs) but a 12 volt one which instantly performs a voltage step-down which greatly increases the performance of the dongle connected to it especially with regards to amplification which gains a good 30% power, it is equipped with a switching power supply that instantly regulates the current needed by the dongle as well as showing you the instantaneous absorption that the dongle has on the hub.

Feb 27, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #6,144 of 6,526
Yes, but this like the Aceele does not allow the power to reach the computer's USB port which can always cause damage or load the phone/tablet keeping the battery at 100% (which would ruin it with long uses). The PulWtop is not a 5-volt hub (like most hubs) but a 12-volt one which instantly performs a voltage step-down which greatly increases the performance of the dongle connected to it especially with regards to amplification which gains a good 30% power, it is equipped with a switching power supply that instantly regulates the current needed by the dongle as well as showing you the instantaneous absorption that the dongle has on the hub.
Let's break it down. Every powered HUB doesn't charge the PC. The ones that do, have a special type c port that passes through the power from a wall wart charger to the PC and only if the charger supports PD.

I never had any issue with the USB port on my PC failing due to a powered HUB being connected to it and I had multiple hubs over the years and sometimes, more than one connected to the PC simultaneously.

Every battery-powered device nowadays has a BMS that oversees the battery's operation. If the device doesn't show a charging notification it means it is not being charged.

The HUB receives 12VDC from the PS. The voltage is being stepped down to 5VDC which is the standard USB voltage. If you have a power-demanding device it'll still draw 5VDC from the HUB. The thing that'll change will be the current draw. The PS that comes with most 4 port hubs is rated for a 2A output current which means that the HUB has a total of 24 watts of power to distribute between 4 devices connected to the ports. Most devices can't receive more than 2A of current cause they're incapable of dissipating the heat so if you multiply voltage and current, you get a device that requires 10 watts of power to run. Take two devices like this and you'll end up tripping the hub's OL protection. If you try charging multiple devices that support fast charging protocols such as QC and PD the HUB will just distribute the power between all devices and charge them slower. If you take one device that supports PD and the rest are 5VDC, this device will be charged by 12VDC and probably 1A of the current, which will give it 12 watts of power.

Those are just some examples of how powered hubs work.

Feb 27, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #6,145 of 6,526
Let's break it down. Every powered HUB doesn't charge the PC. The ones that do, have a special type c port that passes through the power from a wall wart charger to the PC and only if the charger supports PD.

I never had any issue with the USB port on my PC failing due to a powered HUB being connected to it and I had multiple hubs over the years and sometimes, more than one connected to the PC simultaneously.

Every battery-powered device nowadays has a BMS that oversees the battery's operation. If the device doesn't show a charging notification it means it is not being charged.

The HUB receives 12VDC from the PS. The voltage is being stepped down to 5VDC which is the standard USB voltage. If you have a power-demanding device it'll still draw 5VDC from the HUB. The thing that'll change will be the current draw. The PS that comes with most 4 port hubs is rated for a 2A output current which means that the HUB has a total of 24 watts of power to distribute between 4 devices connected to the ports. Most devices can't receive more than 2A of current cause they're incapable of dissipating the heat so if you multiply voltage and current, you get a device that requires 10 watts of power to run. Take two devices like this and you'll end up tripping the hub's OL protection. If you try charging multiple devices that support fast charging protocols such as QC and PD the HUB will just distribute the power between all devices and charge them slower. If you take one device that supports PD and the rest are 5VDC, this device will be charged by 12VDC and probably 1A of the current, which will give it 12 watts of power.

Those are just some examples of how powered hubs work.
Honestly, I don't have the skills to analyze these hubs, but I'm only reporting what was recommended to me by a friend who has studied the subject very thoroughly. To avoid making mistakes, I recommended the Aceele and the PulWtop/Minisopuru because I was sure of their functioning with dongles. Other solutions will certainly be valid but I repeat, not having expertise in the field, I rely on these two which I found all in all economical and well functioning. :wink:

Feb 28, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #6,146 of 6,526
20240228_145347.jpg

I took the Moondrop Starfield OG out of the drawer, which I hadn't used for a while, and of all the dongles I chose to listen to them again with the UA3. Truly a fantastic pairing... the softness of the Starfield sound combined with the magic of the UA3 sound. Really worth trying. :wink:

Feb 28, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #6,148 of 6,526
Honestly, I don't have the skills to analyze these hubs, but I'm only reporting what was recommended to me by a friend who has studied the subject very thoroughly. To avoid making mistakes, I recommended the Aceele and the PulWtop/Minisopuru because I was sure of their functioning with dongles. Other solutions will certainly be valid but I repeat, not having expertise in the field, I rely on these two which I found all in all economical and well functioning. :wink:
I think that most manufacturers just don't bother mentioning those features cause most users won't care about them.

Feb 28, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #6,149 of 6,526
I think that most manufacturers just don't bother mentioning those features cause most users won't care about them.
Also because before the diffusion of these dongles they simply could not have this use, which still remains a niche use today.

Feb 28, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #6,150 of 6,526
Even today, many of us consider dongles just something to carry around without considering that with a little help they can easily rival the best DAPs and in some cases even some desktop solutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back