USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Jan 2, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #5,941 of 6,468
I think I know the answer already, but are dongle dacs with a 3.5mm input instead of usb C a thing?
Never saw one, and I guess the usb C port is required data wise?
Something like that but with a dac integrated
dd-dj30c-adaptateur-coude-jack-35mm-male-vers-jack-35mm-femelle-plaque-or.jpg

Jan 2, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #5,943 of 6,468
I think I know the answer already, but are dongle dacs with a 3.5mm input instead of usb C a thing?
Never saw one, and I guess the usb C port is required data wise?
Something like that but with a dac integrated
dd-dj30c-adaptateur-coude-jack-35mm-male-vers-jack-35mm-femelle-plaque-or.jpg
Fiio a1, HELM DB12 AAAMP.

Those are portable amps, no dac.

Jan 4, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #5,945 of 6,468
Is there a more up-to-date list on the previous pages than the one on the first page?
If there is, do you remember approximately which page it is on? (so I would avoid reading pages and pages of discussion to find what I'm looking for)

Thank you

Jan 4, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #5,947 of 6,468
I'm still looking for a DAC around €50 to use with my pixel 8 and my car's aux input. Preferably purchasable on Amazon so I can return it if I'm not satisfied.

At the moment I was looking at FIIO KA1 or on a slightly higher budget iFi GO link...

Jan 4, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #5,948 of 6,468
I'm still looking for a DAC around €50 to use with my pixel 8 and my car's aux input. Preferably purchasable on Amazon so I can return it if I'm not satisfied.

At the moment I was looking at FIIO KA1 or on a slightly higher budget iFi GO link...
I'm also a newbie but I'd look at a Shanling UA1 Plus or one of the other affordable dongles using dual CS43131 chips. Pretty attractive. Just saw one on AliExpress called "Small Tail": looked identical to a Penon Tail: would be my choice rn. Here's something else - F.Audio KS01. That is a wild spec for 35 Euros.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 1:00 AM Post #5,950 of 6,468
Does anyone know of a better dongle than Apple's for around 100€? Important: It should be small and light, e.g. Shanling UA2+ (https://en.shanling.com/product/423). Or how do you rate Apple's dongle? I have an iPhone with a USB-C port.

If you are not running any headphone that needs a high amount of amplification I would stick with the iPhone dongle. I think it sounds great, has a good combination of sounding natural and not muddy.

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:52 AM Post #5,951 of 6,468
If you are not running any headphone that needs a high amount of amplification I would stick with the iPhone dongle. I think it sounds great, has a good combination of sounding natural and not muddy.
Agreed. Cheap, simple, and sounds just fine.

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:40 AM Post #5,955 of 6,468
Would the eu apple dongle sound the same with a usb a 2 adapter for pc?
also I plan to use it for 32ohms 102db or even the hd560s headphones, is it sufficient even though its 0.5v only? at least comparing it to cx31993 or to my current logitech g433 usb dongle, and thanks
I’m a big fan of the Apple dongles, but I’m in the US, so I’ve only experienced the US versions.

I have a CX31993 that I tried with my iPhone 15 the first day I got it and immediately noticed EMI noise and I’m not going to deal with that. The Apple dongles don’t suffer from that issue at all somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back